• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    In both videos he mentioned not liking "high pressure" rounds. Some of this may come from some of the Glock kB issues where "unsupported" .40S&W rounds were often found to be the culprits.

That sounds reasonable. I think I'll just stay away from Glocks and keep my .40 S&W. ;)

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Someone should also tell him that 9mm and .40 have the same pressure limit and that .40 is not a "high pressure" round.

Also, if anyone knows how to duplicate the pressure of matches without actually shooting any, I'm all ears, because I always shoot better in practice than matches and I know no other way to recreate that level of stress.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    He seemed to have good reasons for everything except caliber choice. I've heard him discount the .40 S&W on two videos, but still no real reason on either one. If anyone knows his reasoning or have formed their own opinion regarding NOT carrying .40 S&W as a defensive round -- that doesn't include male genitals -- I would love to be informed.

I've read that opinion a lot places, not just Yeager. A lot of people point to excessive pressure and Glock kabooms, but I think a lot of it comes back to people being recoil sensitive to .40 in a light weight platform. Like a lot of things I think it comes back to personal preference. There are a lot of happy G27 owners out there, too.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Well thought out and prepared input there Scott.....

Where is that purple key on the keyboard again?

I thought the same thing. That was just painful embarrassing to watch Scott. Gave me theme feling I had in high school speech classes where the one kid was just melting down trying to do his speech. So terrible.

Methinks Scott may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    His opinion is based on an objectively false fact, that .40 S&W has a higher pressure limit than 9mm. It does not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well thought out and prepared input there Scott.....

Where is that purple key on the keyboard again?

I thought the same thing. That was just painful embarrassing to watch Scott. Gave me theme feling I had in high school speech classes where the one kid was just melting down trying to do his speech. So terrible.

Methinks Scott may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.
    I think JY had that other guy on there just to make himself look like a genius.

As far as the .40 s&w goes I think he should have a little talk with the Youtube legend "hickok45". I'm pretty sure he's ran more that a couple of rounds through Glock Fotays. :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Dude says he likes the S&W Shield, but then says being able to get parts is a MUST for any carry gun.

:orly:

We have two S&W certified armorers on-staff at the shop, and the "armorer's kit" S&W sent us – a YEAR after our guys were certified – consisted of a small tackle box, with the majority of compartments filled with slips stating Part Name/Number "is on back-order"... :ugh:

Did I also hear Yeager right, in describing the Shield's manual thumb safety as "passive"? :n00b:

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Dude says he likes the S&W Shield, but then says being able to get parts is a MUST for any carry gun.

We have two S&W certified armorers on-staff at the shop, and the "armorer's kit" S&W sent us consisted of a small tackle box, with the majority of compartments filled with slips stating Part Name/Number "is on back-order"... :ugh:

Please don't bring logic into this! :nono:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    :twocents:I think people who have such a limited ability to express their opinions sans superfluous expletives are poorly educated and poorer ambassadors of our sport. Really, can't we be better than that?

You can say what you want about Mr. Yeager, but he's not poorly educated. Sorry that he wouldn't make it as a member of your country club, but I hate to break it to you, he probably talks more like most "real men" in the hunting and shooting world when they're just standing around being real and not worrying about offending people with sensitive ears.

Yeager is easy to hate because he has strong opinions and he's not afraid to put them out there. You can disagree with him, but he's not speaking from opinion based on reading a bunch of magazines and internet posts. He actually has real world experience and to this day trains many people with many types of guns.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

We have two S&W certified armorers on-staff at the shop, and the "armorer's kit" S&W sent us consisted of a small tackle box, with the majority of compartments filled with slips stating Part Name/Number "is on back-order"... :ugh:

Did I also hear Yeager right, in describing the Shield's manual thumb safety as "passive"? :n00b:

What's your thoughts on his .40 comments?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That was my thought as well. I guess we can agree on something.
    :yesway: Yes we can and just for the record I think the PPQ is a fine firearm even though I get the feeling JY wouldn't agree, but who cares if he does or not.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom