• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have really wanted to "convert" some silver to gold, both for diversity and to cut down on volume, but the ration is back up to 80:1. I also track what I call the sovereign ratio eg silver to gold Eagles & Maple Leafs and that is running 60-65 to 1. Generic 1 oz of each splits the difference at 70:1.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't used to like poured bars but they have grown on me; those are nice individually sealed bars!
    My 100 gram bar from Bullion Exchanges arrived and it's very cool. Just something about the heft of that small piece of silver just feels good in the hand. Came in a little box, but the bar itself appears to be shrink-wrapped.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Been seriously looking at Austrian 20 Corona coins for gold when the price comes back down.
    Advantages:
    Almost exactly 1/5 troy ounce of gold (easy to compare to ounce-denominated rivals), low premiums. 20 Franc coins and British sovereigns are farther from an even ounce fraction. Even Dutch guilders are not a close to 1/5 as Coronas.
    Usually newly struck, so negligible wear.
    Disadvantages:
    Not as widely recognized, no actual gold content markings.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    For low premium fractional gold, don't forget 10 gr and 20 gr bars. On Provident a 20 Corona coin is $1,929.90/oz while a Credit Suisse 10 gr (0.32 oz) bar in assay card is $1,935.73. I agree though, the old coins have a coolness about them.

Top Bottom