Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Do you trust Donald Trump to monitor your elections? The problem with the government monitoring it more apparent when the President of the United States tells people that the opposing party is essentially domestic terrorists. Does that cause trust or distrust in the system? When the media admits in a Time Magazine op ed that a "cabal"--their word not mine--of people worked together to stop Trump. That is to work behind the scenes to subvert a result they did not want. Is that democratic?

That distrust trickles down to partisan local elections as well. Kari Lake ran against the person in charge of elections in AZ. Same thing happened in GA 2 years ago on the other side. They should have recused themselves and handed that responsibility off to someone else.

Structural issues? Okay, there are flaws in any election system where people can exploit them. that's just going to happen. And it doesn't usually affect elections when both sides can equally exploit the same flaws, right?

Okay. How about mail in ballots and ballot harvesting? That is a definite flaw. It's inherently exploitable, especially in districts that carpet-bomb ballots to every registered voter. Republicans can't exploit the same flaws equally. Democrats far outnumber Republicans in densely populated areas. Democrats can knock door to door and influence way more voters given the same resources, than Republicans could in the same neighborhood. And if Republicans tried the exploit where their base is, the doors in rural areas are way farther apart. That exploit favors democrats by a lot.

Oh, it's a lot more than that. I'm not exactly a trump fan and I smell some ****.

I don't know what you think the antiseptic power of daylight is. If it's transparency, yeah, I'm all for that.

Works well on vampires.;)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Boebert won by only 0.16% in the very red western Colorado House district.

In 2020 she won by 5.86%, and re-districting made the district more red since then.

What does that tell you about about tying the MAGA brand to election denial, conspiracy theories and Jan 6th?
    Not much is the correct answer. Other possible issues include some local intrigue over the handling of post vote data and the antics of some low level officials, lackluster candidates for statewide offices, and the biggie IMO, Trump not on the ballot. Some districts rum better with Trump on the ballot and others do not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, I notice the counts drag on interminably but the moment they get an advantage their media mouthpieces want to call it
    Of course I'm responding with hindsight and I'm sure it's covered up thread. Boebert was declared the winner after having counted the absentee ballots from overseas. Apparently the Democrats who couldn't fill out a ballot properly didn't outnumber the absentee ballots. She won by something like 551 in a district where something close to 350K voted. It's not over though because they have an automatic runoff for for <0.5% difference. What are the odds that they'll find a memory card somewhere with an extra 500 dem votes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Other than your circle you discuss politics with, are any of you hearing from those you interact with that they have a concern in the world about the election situations?

I am not…
    Nope. You even bring it up and people act like you're crazy.

But, they do agree with me about not trusting the government. :rolleyes:

WTF? Government can't be trusted but elections are flawless? :toilet2:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

In 2020 she won by 5.86%, and re-districting made the district more red since then.

What does that tell you about about tying the MAGA brand to election denial, conspiracy theories and Jan 6th?
    No doubt about it. There were 9 Goverors' elections decided by single digits. Democrats won 7 of them. Midterms are base-activation elections. And Trump activates the Democrat base like nothing we've experienced in our lifetimes. Unmarried white people with degrees despise Trump. Exit polling is showing that just as many people showed up to vote against Trump, as showed up to vote against Biden. As low as Biden's approval numbers were, it was completely canceled out by Trump's unpopularity.

Those videos of sub-human hillbilly cretins crushing people inside the Capitol building like some kind of out-of-control rock concert got tweeted, and re-tweeted, and re-tweeted again, and again, and again. Young educated people were absolutely horrified at what the "Plumbers, Truck-Drivers, and Heavy-Metal Musicians For Trump" did that day. I don't believe that was Trump's fault. It was (some of) his voters' fault. Trump did great things as President. But it got permanently marred because some of his voters don't know how to behave in public. One of our "hero patriots" had to get wheeled out while assuming room temperature with her t!ts flopping at the sky and blood puring out of her neck to emphasize the point.

Mail ballots, abortion, candidate quality, and the midterm map all worked against Republicans. But as long as Trump is the face of the party, what he accomplished as President does not matter. Thanks to a small screeching horde of Facebook Warriors, it all got canceled-out on Jan. 6th.

Showing up at the doors of the Capitol after the election with Viking hats and zip-ties and crushing people in a human wave does not convince people to "take back their country." It turns the country against you and convinces them *YOU* are the problem.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or maybe Republican were less concerned with showing up to the midterms in general because they don’t believe congress will get anything done even with a majority.
    Well, if we could find those republicans and shove a filled out ballot in their hands with R's down the line, all they had to do was sign it, then maybe we could see if Republicans do anything this time around.

What I could say, the couldn't be any more feckless than when they had the gavel when Obama was president.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not much is the correct answer. Other possible issues include some local intrigue over the handling of post vote data and the antics of some low level officials, lackluster candidates for statewide offices, and the biggie IMO, Trump not on the ballot. Some districts rum better with Trump on the ballot and others do not.
    Trump was on the ballot though. The Trump endorsees did fine red states. Didn't do all that well in purple states.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Odd, what that tells ME is she surprised them by winning two years ago (see: Trump 2016) and for her next election they had their cheating toolbox in place in her district but still underestimated her appeal

And I thought 'election denial' was Demspeak for anyone questioning an election won by a Dem. 8.33 lb/gal

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No doubt about it. There were 9 Goverors' elections decided by single digits. Democrats won 7 of them. Midterms are base-activation elections. And Trump activates the Democrat base like nothing we've experienced in our lifetimes. Unmarried white people with degrees despise Trump. Exit polling is showing that just as many people showed up to vote against Trump, as showed up to vote against Biden. As low as Biden's approval numbers were, it was completely canceled out by Trump's unpopularity.

Those videos of sub-human hillbilly cretins crushing people inside the Capitol building like some kind of out-of-control rock concert got tweeted, and re-tweeted, and re-tweeted again, and again, and again. Young educated people were absolutely horrified at what the "Plumbers, Truck-Drivers, and Heavy-Metal Musicians For Trump" did that day. I don't believe that was Trump's fault. It was (some of) his voters' fault. Trump did great things as President. But it got permanently marred because some of his voters don't know how to behave in public. One of our "hero patriots" had to get wheeled out while assuming room temperature with her t!ts flopping at the sky and blood puring out of her neck to emphasize the point.

Mail ballots, abortion, candidate quality, and the midterm map all worked against Republicans. But as long as Trump is the face of the party, what he accomplished as President does not matter. Thanks to a small screeching horde of Facebook Warriors, it all got canceled-out on Jan. 6th.

Showing up at the doors of the Capitol after the election with Viking hats and zip-ties and crushing people in a human wave does not convince people to "take back their country." It turns the country against you and convinces them *YOU* are the problem.
    I was unaware that 'unmarried white people with degrees' = 'the country'

And going with 'sub-human hillbilly cretins'sounds more like it was written by Hillary than a member of INGO

Is 'insurrection believer' the flip side of 'election denier'? Asking for a friend

Top Bottom