• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    You described how it was when it was new. The range master at the time got lax or burnt out on messing with it. I am going to start being one major PITA. You know a guy hates to be that way but I don't see any other solution. Mark my word..this range is going to be right. Once it is I will be attempting to have a few open range days a month. Open to everyone providing I can convince the risk assessment folks that it is the right thing to do for the community. That is my hopes.

Really hope you get it all sorted out. Sounded like a really nice place to begin with. Not really sure how it runs now, but it sounds like the rangemaster definitely was slacking a while ago. Open range is a good idea imo as long as you have some people around to kick out anyone that's being badly behaved.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    If I ever show up to Clark Forestry range and the ground is not covered in spent 12 gauge and steel 7.62 casings, I may die from shock on the spot.

Shooting signs and outhouses is flat out irresponsible, rude, and immature - but the sheer frequency of shooters that are incapable of simply pickup up after themselves shames me.

I understand that some people purposely leave their spent brass casings behind, since a handful of reloaders take the time to collect them - but nobody wants your spent steel surplus or 12 gauge casings.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You described how it was when it was new. The range master at the time got lax or burnt out on messing with it. I am going to start being one major PITA. You know a guy hates to be that way but I don't see any other solution. Mark my word..this range is going to be right. Once it is I will be attempting to have a few open range days a month. Open to everyone providing I can convince the risk assessment folks that it is the right thing to do for the community. That is my hopes.
    This sounds like a solid plan and I hope it works out. Kudos to you for taking it on.

I'm sure your gonna ruffle some feathers at first taking the hard line but it beats the alternative and just maybe once others that use the facility see that someone actually cares about shaping the place up then they will start to care about it as well.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I only go early morings during the week, much less stupidity to put up with. went out this morning first thing and had a very nice time. I was there alone pretty much all morning. But yes I like going there and there are some tards that are going to end up messin it up for all of us. I just hope it dont happen.

Top Bottom