• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My long awaited annual physical & blood test results & weigh in all happened today.
    Weight at home in the buff: 222. A failure in my eyes since I was 220 2.5 weeks ago. :(
    Weight on Dr. scales: 224 (only with pants/shirt/socks). :rolleyes:
    Note: This is what I was over a year ago, so I really lost ground this past year, therefore the carb-cycling when retired: easier w/o the job stress.

Blood work was improved: everything was down from the last time.
    For the more technically inclined:
    5.9 = A1C (6.2, months ago)
    125 = Total Chol. (145, months ago)
    63 = Trigl. (88, months ago)
    39 = HDL, the "happy" chol. (36, months ago: higher is better for this)
    73 = LDL, the "lousy" chol. (95, months ago)

224 weight (233 months ago)
    Note: Dr. said my weight was 250 5 yrs. ago.
    3 yrs. ago = 239
    I celebrated by having nothing but BREAD from Shapiro's for my lunch: rye bread ends, that a friend gave me Monday night to celebrate with. :rockwoot:
    Yes, I'm that boring. :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Can't wait to hear everyone's post-Thanksgiving success or failure stories. :coffee:
    My 34 yr. old son who put me on my carb-cycling said he gained 1# during the week: not bad at all!

I've been stuck at 222# and went up a pound, then another pound during the week, then came back down to 222, where I've been stuck for over a week.
    Then this am: 200#, 1st time since the week of Nov. 10-16th where I did it 4 times.
    I couldn't believe it!
    I came down from the 222 that I couldn't do at all last week, and the high of 224 the day after Thanksgiving Day!

Today is my 1st-of-the-month fasting day, so it looks like I'll wake up tomorrow under 220, hopefully 218, a new low hopefully. (was 219 on Nov. 9th; 3 wks. ago).
    I'm sure it will be short-lived, but it will be fun for a few minutes to be under 200# again where I wanted to stay 3 weeks ago. :lmfao:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally, I got under 220 again this am with 216 after doing a 38 hr. fasting (monthly routine). :rockwoot:
    I know it is artificial, but still fun to get under 220 again after doing it 3 weeks ago, getting 219 and then getting stuck at 222 afterwards.
    My 5th goal, for the 3rd wk. in a row is getting to 220, since last week it was 0 out of 7 days.
    At least I got 2 out of 7 days going this week. :)
    My 6th goal will be to stay under 220, which might take another 3 weeks: baby steps. :dunno:

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's always good to make progress. Keep it up.

I'm at another plateau. (They're coming a lot more frequently as I get closer to my goal). I bumped up about 3-4 pounds the day after Thanksgiving. Obviously mostly water because I lost most of it the next day and am now down to my pre-TDay weight. Now, to get back to work. :D

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The big momentous news is: 218#.
    After being stuck at 222 & even an insulting 223 for weeks, I dropped down to 221 last Friday, and held it Saturday, but bounced back up to 223 Sunday am & I was very discouraged.

Despite the abuse, and accusations of my 34 yr. old son, of not obeying the god of carb-cycling I did pay the price of adherence even with my "expertise" of carb-tweaking instead of carb-cycling according to the divinely inspired commandments. :laugh:

Yes, I'm quite full of myself and elated, but as we know I'll be humbled when I get back over 220 before the end of the week (not if I can help it), or by next week during Xmas.
    Since I was 221 yesterday/Monday (and last Sat.) I was hoping that I'd drop down to 220 this am b/c I was very strict yesterday with only 23 carbs (low day) & 1310 calories (no nuts or alcohol).
    It paid off with my secret desire of perhaps dropping not down to 220, but 219.
    BUT I DROPPED DOWN TO 218: I'm so pumped!!!!!! :rockwoot: Baby steps.
    Today is another "low carb" day, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be 218 again, or at least no more than 219.
    If I "balloon" up to 220, I'll even be grateful since the 218 did not reflect getting there by the temporary quick gains of fasting.
    I do believe that my fasting on the 1st of the month "jarred" or "reset" my body to be here at 218.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The weight on the scales is a moving target at any time of the day. How much water and waste you may be holding can vary things by pounds. I have shed a pound in the shower, numerous times.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The weight on the scales is a moving target at any time of the day. How much water and waste you may be holding can vary things by pounds. I have shed a pound in the shower, numerous times.

So right!
    I have said my consistent weight loss is impeded by lack of carbs for proper BMs. :laugh:
    My son is always on me to weigh 1x/wk instead of every day, but that's how I stay motivated.
    I now have a chart for weekly weight loss, instead of daily that I would send to him.
    Hopefully after this week, it will look better.

Starting at 232#
    October 12, 2019

WEEK = Lost = Total = Weight
    0 wk = lost 0 = 0 total = 232
    1st wk = lost 5 = 5 total = 227 (easy & fun)
    2nd wk = lost 1 = 6 total = 226
    3rd wk = lost 0 = 6 total = 226
    4th wk = lost 6 = 12 total = 220 (more easy & fun)
    5th wk = lost 0 = 12 total = 220
    6th wk = gain 2 =10 total = 222
    7th wk = lost 0 = 10 total = 222
    8th wk = lost 0 = 10 total = 222
    9th wk = lost 1 = 11 total = 221
    10 wk = lost ? = ?? total = ???

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I ran into GFGT last evening at the legal seminar with Guy Relford. We haven't crossed paths in a year or three. He looks really good. I had to double take to remember him.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I ran into GFGT last evening at the legal seminar with Guy Relford. We haven't crossed paths in a year or three. He looks really good. I had to double take to remember him.

It was good to catch up with you last night. I saw you and Phil over there and kept thinking "those guys look familiar". :D Finally, Kelly clued me in. We'll have to not let so much time pass until we get together again. Merry Christmas!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Went up a solid 2 pounds during Xmas week: could have been worse.
    Got to remind myself that last year I was 10# heavier.
    Hopefully, I'll finally get around to staying under 220# & not just getting under for a day or two.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Stay at it. I weighed in at 190.0 this morning. My goal is well within site now.

It has been 6 weeks trying to get to 220 successfully.
    I have done it only 5/42 days of those 6 weeks.
    3 of those days after fasting a full day last month.
    I dread how long it will take me to stay under 220.

Getting under 230 = 1 wk
    Staying under 230 = 1 wk

Getting under 225 = 2 wks
    Staying under 225 = 1 wk

Getting under 220 = 6 wks ongoing

Goal: stay under 220
    One of my best friends sent me his usual expensive boxed chocolates for Xmas.
    I lost control: don't want to talk about it. :wallbash:
    I finished it off for breakfast, after having it for supper last night.
    I take baby steps in losing weight, but leaps for mankind in eating. :dunno:
    My wife has this swear word: "portions," that I'll be using this year. :laugh:
    I survived Halloween, Thanksgiving and much of Xmas, but not the box of expensive chocolates. :ugh:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Back on the strict low carb as of last Friday. We fell off hard for a while, the then went full “last hurrah” last week. Today the “keto flu” hit me hard. I have no energy and just feel foggy. I know it only lasts a couple days, but it’s still unpleasant.

Incorporating a 8/16 intermittent fasting as well, and using an Apple Watch app to hold me accountable. That part has been pretty easy. I may push to 6/18.

Already down 10 from Friday morning’s weigh-in, but that was after a few days of pigging out on bread, pizza, and Oreos.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Back on the strict low carb as of last Friday.
    Already down 10 from Friday morning’s weigh-in, but that was after a few days of pigging out on bread, pizza, and Oreos.

I hate you, you know that, right?! :(
    Weeks now, & I can't stay down the 10#s I "lost."
    It keeps finding me.

I remember being in my 20s where I would lose like this by fasting:
    Day one = 5#
    Day two = 3#
    Day three = 2#
    Day four and every day after = 1#

In 10 days I could drop down 20#s by fasting.
    Now in 10 weeks, I can barely do 1/2 that! :wallbash:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I hate you, you know that, right?! :(
    Weeks now, & I can't stay down the 10#s I "lost."
    It keeps finding me.

I remember being in my 20s where I would lose like this by fasting:
    Day one = 5#
    Day two = 3#
    Day three = 2#
    Day four and every day after = 1#

In 10 days I could drop down 20#s by fasting.
    Now in 10 weeks, I can barely do 1/2 that! :wallbash:

10 lbs is not much for me really. I’m a big guy. Started this journey north of 400. I will be below 300 this year.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    10 lbs is not much for me really. I’m a big guy. Started this journey north of 400. I will be below 300 this year.

To lose 100# is such a tremendous goal and the fact that you see it in sight is truly thrilling. :thumbsup:
    I was 230# starting this particular journey (previous journeys brought me down from 250, then 240, then stuck at 230 for years, and now hovering just above 220 (223 this am) after nearly 3 months of work.
    Less than 2 yrs. ago I was under 220 for a bit, but let it get away from me. :ugh:
    For me to break 200# (losing 30#s this round) in my mind is probably like you losing 100#, which would be only half of your journey if you include me starting at 250# a decade ago.
    So, you when the award! :)
    I realize that losing it is the "easy" part; I know that keeping it off will be a constant battle unless I learn this "portion" word my wife speaks of. :laugh:
    I LOVE to eat!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Update: slow, slow, slow progress, but I'm actually a little encouraged.
    My 5th goal now for going on 12 weeks is just to get to 220#. A huge difference than being under 220 for me.

In the past 2 weeks, I've done that 7 times, better than when I began the journey 16 weeks ago, but agonizingly slow progress.
    I'm sitting here now after fasting for nearly 40 hours (coffee & tea only), which I do once per month to "jar" my body into losing.
    Last month I was at 216 after doing that but only 217 this month (this am): I'm not happy about that, and I have my excuses like everyone else.

I'm hoping Febr. will be a turning point b/c I'm angry about it.
    I realize that the carb-cycling was not a magic formula for me.
    It worked for 2-3 weeks for me, then my body said, "No more."
    I take some satisfaction in that I easily won the battle of staying under 230, then under 225, but this 220 is a butt-kicking hard battle, but I've invested in my 17th week now.

My ultimate goal is to fight my battle UNDER 220# which means I'll be 1 or 2 meals away from being over any time, but I'll be motivated to keep at it.
    The day this year that I kiss 209 will be a "hallelujah" moment for me: I can't imagine, or I'm fighting my battle under 215.

This past month I was a low of 216 & a high of 225. :(

Days under 220# in 2020:
    Jan. = 4

Days under 220# in 2019:
    Dec. = 5
    Nov. = 1

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ve got a reason to brag today... According to the charts, a BMI < 25 is considered a “normal” weight. With today’s “official” weigh in, my BMI=24.9. I’m officially, “normal”! :D :laugh: :lmfao:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thinking about trying this. I did low-carb a few years ago to drop about 65 lbs. Got down to 170, back up to a steady 190 now. Would like to get back to 170 or so.

My problem is trying to find a segment of the day to do it in... I tend to drink into the late evening, so that pushes the 8 hour window up if I went with the 16/8.

Though maybe one of the "day off" methods might would better in my case...

Top Bottom