• ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. :xmad:

My wife delivered a baby boy last week so I've been helping her around the house after work and taking care of my 3 year old daughter. Time has been in short supply.

Despite all of this, I still feel like a lazy sack of crap.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    8 by 8 last night. 4 upper body exercises with 25lb. medicine ball toss in between, 8 time around, 30 seconds for each exercise.

So, it looks like this:

Hindu push up, toss ball, saws (plank while lift up dumb bells), toss ball, crawl out, toss ball, push ups, toss ball.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    8 by 8 last night. 4 upper body exercises with 25lb. medicine ball toss in between, 8 time around, 30 seconds for each exercise.

So, it looks like this:

Hindu push up, toss ball, saws (plank while lift up dumb bells), toss ball, crawl out, toss ball, push ups, toss ball.

Shame on you for not doing 'merican pushups!

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Yesterday I did check, back and abs. Also 3 miles on the treadmill.

The modified heavy duty/blood and guts workout is working pretty good as I am getting stronger and more toned, Weight has not changed much.

I think the protein powder, creatine, and glutamine might be helping as well.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I ended up throwing my back out, but it is good because I know what is doing it. I no longer can do any weighted exercises where I'm bent over that work the lower back muscles. Additionally, I'm going to try to not strain to do the last two or three reps. I know 8-10 is usually the goal, but I don't want to be bending my back just to complete a full set. So yesterday my back wasn't all that great, but I managed to get most of a workout in and it actually helped the overall feeling of my back. I ended up doing about 60 pull-ups with various grips. I did a few upper back exercises with weights. I went to do my normal ab exercises and that is when I had trouble. Anything with lots of movement and bending at the waist was unable to be performed. I did get some ab work in, and was able to use planks, squats, and lunges to add to that.

I will be starting creatine in addition to protein supplements in a couple of weeks. Today I will go for a run and possibly due a flexibility workout after.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm only down a pound from last week, but I've set myfitnesspal to maintain my current weight since hitting my goal weight. If I lose a few more, no big deal. Did 1000 push-ups today in sets of 50, 150 dips on the dip bars, and 70 curls with a 75 lb barbell.

I did did a little research and wound up buying a bicep bomber thingy that you rest your elbows on while doing curls, and after a few workouts with it, I really like it, keeps my form correct and has reduced the aching i used to get in my back from doing curls.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    As a few know I retired last year. I worked at a steel mill for 30 yrs. shift work, and high stress. A month before I retired I weighed 230 and my BP was 134/79. Almost a year later. I weigh 205 and my BP is 113/77. It's amazing what sleeping well and no stress will do to improve your health. Going to the gym helps. But relax and don't stress over things that don't matter. And get some sleep. You'll be amazed at how better you'll feel!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Got a new whip to help me get back in shape. I used to ride a single speed bike about 4-5 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. Sometimes for 10 hours or more. Used to be very active.

Hell, I did maybe one or two miles on my new bike yesterday. First time I've ridden in a few years... lets just say I am out of shape!

yqszum0.jpg

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Ok, I'm fat. I eat to much and don't excercise enough. I want to lose weight to feel better and to live a longer life to be with my family. So there it is, this thread is to support and encourage each other, and to hold each other accountable. My diet starts Wednesday, if anybody has some healthy recipes or healthy food combos post them up.

I used to make a breakfast casserole but was too many carbs. Low fat croissants rolls layer flat in a baking pan (greased first w vegetable oil), 6-8 egg whites (2 yokes sometimes for good fats), turkey sausage crumbles (already cooked, taste great and they add a little spice too), I think it's 350 degrees in the oven until eggs are fully cooked. Serves about 8 servings. Low fat, high protein, low cholesterol.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Really going to try to incorporate core training on a daily basis. Not only for health and appearance, but AIWB carry.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Rode my bicycle 19.5 miles Saturday morning. My longest ride this season so far. I'm hoping to do better this weekend.

Sunday afternoon, I was bored so my brother and I went mountain biking at Town Run Trail Park. Ride for a couple of hours. Had a blast. I swear I think I'm getting faster at this mountain bike thing.

I'm actually having withdrawals. When I'm not mountain biking, I get the itch to go hit the trail. I think I'm addicted. I'm actually thinking of selling a couple of guns to buy a 3rd bicycle, a fat bike.

Top Bottom