• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am going balls to the wall, it’s what I do :):

really I don’t have much food to eat keto so my calorie intake is way down. In the AM I should be down six pounds in four days. Thursday I should be able to hit the store and buy some actual food for this diet

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I'm out of the workout game for a while. What I thought was a sciatic nerve issue turns out to be a bulging disc with stenosis. This was determined by MRI and ortho doc. The surgeon presented 2 options. Injections or minimally invasive surgery. Going for a chiropractic evaluation Friday afternoon. One of my colleagues had identical situation going on. Was able to beat it with chiropractic sessions and PT. It sucks not being able to do anything. They don't want me lifting anything over 10 pounds. I would be screwed if I had a job like a electrician or carpenter. In my condition now, there would be no way I could work. Never has issues with my back ever so this is frustrating. Oh well enough whining. Back to watching ESPN.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sorry to hear man. Take this time to dial in your diet or at least maintain healthy eating. Don’t get discouraged and let go.

i’m down six pounds in 60 hours. Not a bad start. Ordered my keto sticks but won’t be here until the sixth :(. Still need some proper keto foods

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Sorry to hear man. Take this time to dial in your diet or at least maintain healthy eating. Don’t get discouraged and let go.

i’m down six pounds in 60 hours. Not a bad start. Ordered my keto sticks but won’t be here until the sixth :(. Still need some proper keto foods

Thanks doc! I'm already researching what my workout regime will be once I get healed up. Lots of core and back strength exercises.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just did another 20-mom HIIT workout . Got my HR to 162 at age 40. Curiously that’s 90% of 220-age :):

edit: Apple changes -min to -mom. Did it on a text too. Funnier this way

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Monday: martial arts, nice hard work out. Working as dyad with intermediate student. Did form work and swords all session. Mixed it up with sticky hand drills.

Tuesday: night court. Did not do anything but clear desk for holiday.

Wednesday: did WIng Chun workout in basement before going into office, there was beer later as Peoples did not close for the 4th.

Thursday: Did circuit work out: four types of push ups--divebombers (triangles or stars), tah-dahs, hindus and push ups on bar bells (do push up, then lift up dumbbells), with medicine ball toss in between push up sets, repeat for 40 minutes.

Friday: likely a martial arts work out in basement.

Saturday: maybe martial arts, dad in coming up to help work on house. May not be able to do anything.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Arms and chest day. Got in some weighted sit ups also. The weight was a little awkward.

o76blx.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nice job with the son! One of our PAs is insane. She does squats with him on her back, carried him on a mile run wearing sandals. She’s nuts

I did a 20-min bike ride again today. Didn’t have time for more. Got my HR to 174.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday: 2.5 mile run and then did mook for 20ish minutes. Did form, then free-styled on it for 3 minutes and repeat.

Saturday: marital arts. Hey, you know what you shouldn't NOT do before doing groundfighting training? Gee, what, Uncle Kirk? Oh, for starters eating a chicken sausage, 2 eggs and a big slice of watermelon. You will likely see it again.

So glad I have all those years of experience and wisdom. Really paying off for me.

Sunday: Doing martial arts workout in the basement. Have to hit it hard as I must be in the office all Sunday.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Decided it was time, weighed in at 195 and said enough is enough.
    had my first day with a trainer today, oh my goodness i had forgotten moving is hard.
    I actually became ill at the gym, guy said it was pretty common on day one.
    My goal is to be able to complete the ILEA exit standards without dying.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Two years ago my work switch to 12 hour shifts. I then went back to school this past school year (Fall/Spring). We had a management change at work and we can finally workout for one hour of the day. We have some nice machines so just before vacation I started working out there using the chest and back machines. At home I only have a bench press. Now I have machines that work the upper, lower, and entire chest. The entire chest machine fills just like the free weight bench press at home.

So now that I'm back to work and we have an employee fitness program, I'm going to try and get back a bit of the strength I've lost. During vacation I used the resorts decent enough fitness center and even while eating extra junk like more ice cream than normal, I still lost about five pounds on vacation. I always lose weight on vacation because I actually have time to workout and most of my vacations involve physical activity like hiking and such.

So Wed. I did my chest and back with machines. Rested Thurs. but walked stairs at work along with my usual lots of steps. Friday I did shoulders, triceps, and biceps with dumbbells at work. I'm leaving now to do some core and cardio.

I also have changed my diet to some extent and am focusing more on protein shakes for breakfast vs. my usual milk and cereal during work days/pancakes during off-days. Goal is to reduce the minimal body fat I have around my midsection even more. I had slightly visible abs before but school and work hurt my working out regiment so I lost that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nice job. 4min 1000m is a good pace

Yesterday I did 3 mile walk jog on the treadmill. 36:47

Today I did a long CrossFit workout. Going 300 m bear hugging a med ball is difficult to breathe

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'd been doing my long trail walks off and on since early spring, but I started to up my miles and my pace a few weeks ago to get ready for a hiking trip. We did the trip weekend.

Thursday we did 10 miles (up and down some steep terrain with back packs)
    Friday 12 miles
    Saturday 14 miles (although 6 of those were without packs, which feels like you're walking on air after 30 miles with a pack)

This morning, pretty stiff and sore.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Monday: martial arts
    Tuesday: did yoga
    Wednesday: martial arts
    Thursday: home work out, just a circuit of martial arts and stuff like flutter kicks, push ups, etc.
    Friday: I ran, not pretty but cut full minute off my last time (I ran faster down the hills and on the flats)
    Saturday: nothing, had other duties
    Sunday: martial arts in morning at the club downtown (we hit it hard--forms and a circuit), I want to do swords at lunch, will likely bike or run after out of office

Did swords at lunch and then ran after the office.

My pace stinks on ice. I am too heavy and my cadence is off. 1-2-3, stutter, stutter, 1, stutter, 2-3 . . .

I need to get under 19:30 for 2 miles by September or I will crash and burn. Tuesday we are going to a high school track and running it on level ground. I hope this makes a difference.

My guess I am stress the airframe too much and need to cut lbs for this to work. Strangely I can still do 50+ push ups and 60+ sit ups in 2 minutes, but the run is killing me.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I keep meaning to buy some kettle bells. It's the only thing I've found to really stretch out my hammies.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Back at it. Missed some days last week due to life. Arms and chest today. Tore my back up fairly good last week. Recovered in 3 days instead of 4-6 weeks how it used to be. Degenerative disc's. Back exercises are paying off!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Monday: martial arts

Tuesday: striking circuit (heavy bag, speed bag, mook, knees) and then ran 2 miles.

Wednesay: martial arts

Thursday: did APFT. Yet again crushed push ups and situps. Oh, do I suck at running.

Friday: stretched for 30 minutes and then ran two miles. Still way off the goal for my age but there was a flicker for maybe 1/32nd of a mile that the old pace exists in me.

Saturday: martial arts in AM, yoga in PM

Sunday: martial arts in AM (did forms a bunch and then a circuit), ran hill for 45 minutes in PM

Top Bottom