• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We are still here Hop. Just working out too hard to find time to post!:)

Iv'e been doing well. Was on a quest (as I have been most all of my life) to gain more weight. I got close to 180 but then noticed I was getting a gut. So I switched up my lunches and dropped back to 175. I think I will focus less on the scale at this point.

I do keep trying to get into the gym Saturday mornings to do either squats or dead lifts or work on some weakness, but something always seems to come up. I'll keep trying though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What happened to this thread? Y'all been slacking off?

No, just not talking about it.

So frickin' busy recently, but re-committed this week:

Monday with a PM hill walk (up and down for an hour)

Tuesday: Wing Chun in AM (did swords, a bunch), yoga in PM

Wednesday: Wing Chun in PM (club practice, IADs, short rods, sticky hands, stuff like that)

Thursday: Wing Chun in AM (punches, pole shock, mook, grips) and PM (club practice)

Friday: may try to run, I'll do the 4 mile hike if I don't run. Need to run, hate to run, but need to run.

Saturday: Wing Chun in AM and then yoga in PM. May try to run in PM

Sunday: work out at home (mook, heavy bag, footwork drills, maybe some swords) and then bike ride and then hit tripodal at teacher's house.

Doc says I need to up my cardio. Internal eye pressure is still great but worried about top number on BP.

Good news, alcohol consumption is way down. Bad news, my lazy fat ass still needs to run. Just have such a problem running.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Glad to hear everyone is still moving! Boy it's hard to keep this up. Reading updates here is great motivation.

I've been trying to track all of my workouts using my Samsung S7 Edge. I'm liking it a lot. I like the audio coach. It monitors/reports pace, time & distance & asks questions about how I'm doing during the run.

Last night was the 1st time since February's Run-N-Gun in KY that I've carried any weight during a jog. I was a bit sore after the car accident Feb 9th & had scaled back my workouts. Knee still bothers me a little bit but Pred is a wonderful / evil drug. I just finished my 2nd pack of the stuff so am feeling good.

I'm entered in another Run-N-Gun event this fall and I'm doing a classification required to run with plates. My training goal will be to break into single digits per mile while carrying 35-40 lbs of gear but I'll need to put in some serious work. I'll add loaded mags into the battle belt next week.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I picked up a Concept2 BikeErg. Absolutely love it. Been doing that, and using the Rowing machine.

I’m actually selling my weights. I don’t use them anymore, and could use the room for my woodturning hobby.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I have had to modify my workouts. Been dealing with a sciatic nerve problem for a bit. Went to general practitioner who tried a few things, no go. Now I have a referral to an orthopedic doc.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today was day two of trying exercise again.

walk-jogged 30 mins each day. It’s hot out.

2.34 miles yesterday but I included a warmup walk in my time
    2.5 Miles today, started time after warmup walk. My wife went with me today and that’s only reason I kept time under 12 mins

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I did a late night 2-1/4 mile jog last night after midnight. I've wear lights so I don't get run over. It was a bit cooler @ 80* / 88% humidity.

There's a good sized hill near my house and I've never measured it before. My phone GPS only said the elevation gain on that hill was 80 feet. It feels like 100 yards straight up though. I need to measure that hill with a real GPS. 75th & Sargent Road if anyone else knows where I'm talking about.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    ...and?

Have you tried bulletproof coffee yet?

Went from 365 to 319 or a little less in about 6 weeks...yes, I've been drinking the "bulletproof" coffee. Not the most favorite thing to drink as I'm not a black coffee drinker but it does help.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sunday: Because of Father's Day only did Wing Chun workout in AM in basement.

Monday: martial arts training in PM.

Tuesday: Martial arts in AM, yoga in PM.

Wednesday: martial arts after work.

Thursday: martial arts in AM, hike in the PM

Just got to work in more cardio. It is frustrating in that I know sitting is the new smoking and I am up to 4 packs a day. Got to be more disciplined.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The air quality these last few days has been horrible. Temp this morning was only 70* but wow, humidity was 97%! Was a struggle to breath & I only got in 2.15 miles.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom