• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Have you tried he in between, a chiropractor?

I thought about it but things have gotten worse. I am scheduled for an MRI tomorrow morning with a follow up later in the day with the ortho doc. I have been on vacation this week and pretty much have done nothing but watch TV and monitor some stuff going on at work. Depending on the MRI results, one option they are talking about is a steroid injection at the trigger point of pain. Which is on the right side of my buttocks. Needles don't bother me but if we go with this option I'm feeling a bit nervous. Although the few people I have talked to that have gotten the injection say the relief was amazing. I'm a very active person so at this point if the injection works I'm all for it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I love black coffee. There is a place that sells bulletproof coffee within walking distance of my house. I still can’t bring myself to try it. It just sounds gross.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Still running when I can. Today was my best time In a long time. Well, per mile. I’m just walk jogging 30 minutes instead of choosing an arbitrary distance.

today I did 2.65 miles with an 11:19 average. Two weeks ago I had a 12:50 mile average

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Keep it up hoosierdoc!

My pace has fallen off. I need to Advil up and do a run tonight & try to improve my time. I missed my #weightedWednesday run.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Cut out most carbs 16 months ago. Made a goal to lose 57 pounds. Made that last November. Started working out December 6 days a week. No Mondays. Tuesdays are arms and chest, Wednesdays are legs and shoulders, Thursdays are back and abs, rinse and repeat until Sunday. All done on a Bowflex I got for a steal a few years back. Few months ago I almost quit it all until I asked myself, what don't I like about the routine. The freaking running on the stupid treadmill. So I quit that part and my outlook changed considerably.

Had a solid win this past weekend when I jumped out of the bed of my truck, over the bed side not the rear and when I landed didn't hurt anything.

Me about 2 years ago

w7bf8.jpg

This May, in front of a car I will never afford.

8zpjdz.jpg

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Wow nice job! Have you asked the kids what they’ve noticed most?

Thanks, they just say Dad you're skinny and you have muscles. Some of the parents at kids sports have come up to me all nervous, and ask what's with all the weight loss. They're worried I got sick. I just laugh and tell them I was tired of holding my breath to tie my shoes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sunday I did Wing Chun work out in basement (mook, footwork, punches, sword drills, inter alia [some lawyers golf, Freeman has a mook jong in his basement]). In PM we biked the hill (up and down hill for 45 minutes).

Monday and Wednesday, hit martial arts training hard. Got paired with a sidai as a dyad and we've been doing lots of wooden dummy and swords recently. The dummy and the swords are the cool things to do in Wing Chun that keep me practicing. Yeah, I know, everyone wants to be a ninja, no one wants to stand in horse stance. I still do plenty of footwork and shift drills and my forms.

Tuesday I had to stay in the office late to clear the desk. No nothing, but move files and pay end of the month bills.

Today I did a circuit with my buddies.

1. Burpee cleans (do burpee on 30 lb dumbells, ones with flat sides, then clean the weight) for 1 minute

2. Jump rope for 30 seconds

3. Curls for 1 minute

4. Hit heavy bag for 30 seconds.

Keep repeating for 45 minutes. Good sweat tonight!

I want to run on Friday night. Motivated to run.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have a blister on my heel from running yesterday. So I swam today. I did a mile. Ugh. Now i want to die

You need a different shoe &/or some better socks. My Saucony shoes wore out early and tore up my heel like that too. I'm running in Adidas now. Get some Balega anti-blister socks. I also like my Drymax socks.

Oh, look up how to tie your shoe laces through the top two holes too (those extra holes near the top that nobody knows what to do with). There's a bunny ears loop trick with the laces that helps keep your heel locked in place.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Socks were too low. I had worn them all day, like 26 hours, and didn’t want to waste another pair of fresh socks straight to laundry.

i should look at the tie method too

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I started trail walking last fall after my son and I had gotten into backpacking. Our first two-day trip darn near killed me, but since then, I've tried to get in as many miles as I can as many days as I can, and I'm slowly getting there. I have a good trail to walk that's fairly close to home. It's not as hilly as I'd like, but its mostly wooded, which helps on days like today. When I started, the first few weeks I fought through soreness, stiffness (I'm 56), and lots of blisters. I still get the stiffness any time I go more than 7 or 8 miles, but I don't get the blisters anymore, unless I'm carrying a pack and doing hard miles. Our next trip is in a couple of weeks, back down to Red River Gorge, Ky for four days of quality time with my son.

Early this morning, I did 10.74 miles in 3.75 hours.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday: I ran. Oh, brothers, it was NOT pretty. 2.6 miles 25:17 (well, there are hills and big ones). Then did mook form and then bench press with dumbbells in between the repetitions. 3 times. Heat was too much to go on.

Saturday: Hit it hard at martial arts. Got paired with same sidai. We did basic drills, sticky hands and swords. Lots of guys showed up and it was a great session. I used to go to martial arts to "kick ass", now, many years later, I go to see my friends and maybe exercise and attempt to get better.:D

Sunday: Light martial arts workout (just did mook, punches and bunch of shift drills and not that intense). We ran Happy Hollow Hill in West Lafayette this PM Up and down the hill for 45 minutes.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I think it’s time to give keto a try. I’ve lived the high carb life and I don’t like it.

We’ll see what happens.

Dont go “balls to the wall”, ease into it. And don’t dwell on it when you slip up. One bad day doesn’t mean a bad week or month, don’t give up. I had a lot of people ask me what plan I’m on or who’s methods do you follow. Well none, if it has carbs eat it in moderation or don’t eat it. Marsh salad bars is what I did the most at the beginning. Since Marsh is gone Kroger has stepped up there salad bar game. I know salads, but there are all kinds of stuff to put on top to make it tasty. And remember you can eat all the bacon you want, 0 carbs!

All my opinion, not a nutritionist.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom