• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    This looks like an absolute blast. I've done something similar at a friends house and it was waaaaaaaay more fun than just punching holes in paper. I'm going to check it out on facebook and if there is an email list I'd like to be added to it.

For what it's worth, the last time we did our version, we used my 91/30 and it was an absolute riot.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nice stuff HICKMAN. If I may ask, was the rifle, pistol, rifle transition just to practice it?

yeah, pretty much. When I was in the Army, we only had rifles and that was 20 years ago. So all of this is pretty new to me. We downloaded our mags to force reloads and transitions, so it worked out pretty well.

Really just getting used to a different way of shooting and gear, so that when I get to a class it's not all new to me.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    One of my hopes for his group is that maybe someone would bring it someplace else for people that hate FB ?

I know, I know, but it seems like when we tried to talk about it here on INGO, nothing ever happened. Now we talk about all kinds of stuff every night.

We'll make it a point to post event info here.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    yeah, pretty much. When I was in the Army, we only had rifles and that was 20 years ago. So all of this is pretty new to me. We downloaded our mags to force reloads and transitions, so it worked out pretty well.

Really just getting used to a different way of shooting and gear, so that when I get to a class it's not all new to me.

Thanks. Transitions are important, we teach them. I just wondered if I was missing something about going back to the rifle. Keep up the good work.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    nope, in my next run, I hit most of the close targets with pistol, long with rifle.

another where I only had a few rounds in each mag to force lots of reloads/transistions, there was a lot that didn't get recorded

May have to visit you guys when I get a little more mobile. :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Here is a couple of videos that I edited yesterday from the August event.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm5WdzdhFOA&feature=plcp[/ame]

The song in this video has some language in the beginning, so be warned.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cboqTD_3E2Y&feature=plcp[/ame]

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Actually yes that is my thoughts...
    Very EIB'ish...
    The first one I run I am thinking most of the skill stations will be medically related tasks... :popcorn:

My question to you on this would be...for someone who has not had basic military training or even a first aide class how would this work.

I'm sure that you could take a group of Vets no matter how long they have been out and they could muddle through it....but if you take the average every day guy who goes and buys a gun and wants to shoot in something like this, how would they even know where to start on a casualty assessment?

I love the idea honestly, it's a cool concept, kinda like CTT or WTT (common task training, Warrior Task Training) with shooting and moving thrown in. I know the last WTT course that I went throug at Atterbury was awesome. Had two rope bridges we had to cross, it got us out of a class room for the station to station, and in the field! Add weapons and shooting skills to that and :yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My question to you on this would be...for someone who has not had basic military training or even a first aide class how would this work.

I'm sure that you could take a group of Vets no matter how long they have been out and they could muddle through it....but if you take the average every day guy who goes and buys a gun and wants to shoot in something like this, how would they even know where to start on a casualty assessment?

I love the idea honestly, it's a cool concept, kinda like CTT or WTT (common task training, Warrior Task Training) with shooting and moving thrown in. I know the last WTT course that I went throug at Atterbury was awesome. Had two rope bridges we had to cross, it got us out of a class room for the station to station, and in the field! Add weapons and shooting skills to that and :yesway:

That is his intent (judging from our conversations). To create these stations with the Vets in the group providing training to those who aren't.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ahh well see I'm down for that!!!

I'm sure we all have our skill books still....or can get some!
    I've got PILES of training documents and a whole USB "gig stick" full of training powerpoints from the Corps. I've got combat life saver, counter sniping, room clearing, and dozens of others.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As long as folks aren't seriously "in competition" (where you tend to hoard knowledge rather than pass it on), these types of events can be great for exercising all sorts of useful techniques and working out TTPs for likely (or unlikely) real-world scenarios.

Top Bottom