• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Looks like you had a great time! I held a jungle run invitational at my place this spring with a sprint course, a jog course, and a fast march course and folks had a great time. I'm already thinking of another this fall with ways to make it even better.
    You could host these run & gun events if you wanted to. I do believe they are seeking properties for southern and northern IN. That is what it's original intent was to combine land owners with guys who wanted to practice shooting "styles" that typical ranges do not allow on a more regular basis. Just a thought. :dunno:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You could host these run & gun events if you wanted to. I do believe they are seeking properties for southern and northern IN. That is what it's original intent was to combine land owners with guys who wanted to practice shooting "styles" that typical ranges do not allow on a more regular basis. Just a thought. :dunno:

This was a discussion I was on when the project first started. I'm pretty private out here and events I hold are for friends and people I know reasonably well. That's part of the reason I'm not on the FB page for it, too much mixing of my personal/professional life and this aspect of my hobbies. I also spend way, way too much of my time hosting things for other folks in other areas of my life, shooting is my relaxation. That's why I didn't publicly post my invitational this spring. I think it's great that the project is up and running (heh) though, and I think there's a lot to be gained from a less structured shooting sport activity.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Looks like you had a great time! I held a jungle run invitational at my place this spring with a sprint course, a jog course, and a fast march course and folks had a great time. I'm already thinking of another this fall with ways to make it even better.

let me know, I'm local now.

I'm planning on trying something at the farm near Williams/Silverville.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This was a discussion I was on when the project first started. I'm pretty private out here and events I hold are for friends and people I know reasonably well. That's part of the reason I'm not on the FB page for it, too much mixing of my personal/professional life and this aspect of my hobbies. I also spend way, way too much of my time hosting things for other folks in other areas of my life, shooting is my relaxation. That's why I didn't publicly post my invitational this spring. I think it's great that the project is up and running (heh) though, and I think there's a lot to be gained from a less structured shooting sport activity.
    I can understand that. I typically go to my grandmother's property, but since she lives alone and is elderly I don't impose on her by trying to bring big groups of people.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    let me know, I'm local now.

I'm planning on trying something at the farm near Williams/Silverville.

I'll do that.

One of the challenges I had at my place was not getting so many people out that we had to wait forever to get in a run. I could start three people on the runs at one time, but it took on average 10 minutes for completion of the middle length run and in that time I couldn't start anyone on the shorter run. I set it up so folks could do a practice run in the morning and a run for time/accuracy in the afternoon.

I had also figured out a shooting golf course, kind of like frisbee golf, but didn't get the course set up in time.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would like to set up one were at points along the lanes one had to stop and complete a Competency Skill before proceeding down the lane further. With a time dockage for failure to complete a stop in a satisfactory fashion...
    Still trying to work out the bugs...

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I would like to set up one were at points along the lanes one had to stop and complete a Competency Skill before proceeding down the lane further. With a time dockage for failure to complete a stop in a satisfactory fashion...

I'm anxious to see how you work out that pole-dancing station.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm anxious to see how you work out that pole-dancing station.

I've already got the stage and pole part built. i have a 53' drop deck with 3 brass poles mounted on it. I am just having trouble with setting up pervert row. As soon as I bring up that you and the Marines want to pole dance, everyone losses interest in it... :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Great to see INGOers getting out there and using their guns and gear!

Opportunities like this are gold mines for "moments of learning". What did this run and gun session teach you guys? What worked? What didn't?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Great to see INGOers getting out there and using their guns and gear!

Opportunities like this are gold mines for "moments of learning". What did this run and gun session teach you guys? What worked? What didn't?
    Well, apparently....there is no "fault" in using a MOSIN if you KNOW how to run it.. :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    For me, it was great!

I haven't really used an AR since 96 when I left the military and only qualified with it the later half of my Army career, being a Signal Corps computer guy.

I hadn't run any "field gear" since I left the 2nd Armored Cav, which was the only Combat Arms unit I served in. So ALL of this was fairly new to me.

Having been a competative shooter on the pistol side, I felt I wouldn't have many issues with transitioning to a rifle, and that pretty much turned out to be the case.

My "battle belt" is still a work in progress but I learned some things to tweak to make it run better in the future. The ITW Fastmag pouches arrived the day after the shoot, so I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Lessons learned:

My competition gear will stay on it's own belt, my battle belt will be it's own creation. I did what I needed to get by for this one, but each belt will be dedicated to it's own purpose.

Things I will add:
    Gun: Nothing for now, I think it's just where I want it.

Gear:
    G-Code retention holster for my M&P,
    A chest rig with Hydration, med kit, couple more mags pouches

For me, this is even more motivation to eat right, work out and get in better shape. My goal is to lose one hundred pounds over the next year, and treat myself to a professional Carbine course.

Each one of these Run and Guns I attend will help me learn a little more and tweak what I have, so that I can get the most out of me and my gear when I achieve that goal and attend profession training.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    To bad Atlanta Conservation Club doesn't have any real distance.... I'd setup something like this there since Im the multigun match director there. But I'm done with that after September, its too far to drive....

Hoping I can make it out to one of these eventually.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For me, this is even more motivation to eat right, work out and get in better shape. My goal is to lose one hundred pounds over the next year, and treat myself to a professional Carbine course.

That's great! Let me know which course you treat yourself to and I'll join you. :yesway:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    One of the main hopes for this group is to keep finding places we can shoot like this.

One of my hopes for his group is that maybe someone would bring it someplace else for people that hate FB ?

Seriously looks like a good time and a good way to meet other members

Let me check with a guy

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

Sounds very "EIB-ish." :yesway:

Top Bottom