• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As long as folks aren't seriously "in competition" (where you tend to hoard knowledge rather than pass it on), these types of events can be great for exercising all sorts of useful techniques and working out TTPs for likely (or unlikely) real-world scenarios.
    The other problem is trying to distribute the Knowledge. Everyone is at different Skill and Knowledge Levels. For me I try not to hoard Knowledge or tricks of the trade, but it is hard for me to sometimes to share the Knowledge and Information, as I take it for granted that they know the Basics already...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My question to you on this would be...for someone who has not had basic military training or even a first aide class how would this work.

I'm sure that you could take a group of Vets no matter how long they have been out and they could muddle through it....but if you take the average every day guy who goes and buys a gun and wants to shoot in something like this, how would they even know where to start on a casualty assessment?

I love the idea honestly, it's a cool concept, kinda like CTT or WTT (common task training, Warrior Task Training) with shooting and moving thrown in. I know the last WTT course that I went throug at Atterbury was awesome. Had two rope bridges we had to cross, it got us out of a class room for the station to station, and in the field! Add weapons and shooting skills to that and :yesway:
    I would like to keep it to groups of 4-5 Persons per station for the first couple I run A Veteran or Other Experienced Person at least to each Group if I can. I have not got all the details worked out just yet, either. I do know the first one we attempt will not have a Go/No Go phase to the Non-Firing Tasks. There will be some very mild Land Navigation involved, Medical Tasks that include Each Member of the Team having a Casualty Play Card.

I am still working on the Skills List that will be used for the Event. I'll post up more of it later tonight, so you can have a better idea of what I am thinking...

Input is greatly appreciated as well...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The other problem is trying to distribute the Knowledge. Everyone is at different Skill and Knowledge Levels. For me I try not to hoard Knowledge or tricks of the trade, but it is hard for me to sometimes to share the Knowledge and Information, as I take it for granted that they know the Basics already...

I think I was thinking more along the lines of what you describe after this post of yours and into the next one you posted. Small groups share and/or critique TTPs. In most groups, there will be a variance of knowledge and experience levels such that, at least in the AAR, everyone gets something out of the exercise, if not everyone getting everything.

Top Bottom