Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I heard Rep Lucas on Abdul at Large (93.1 WIBC) this afternoon. He dispelled some of the basic ConC myths and then discussed medical marijuana, dispelling myths there too.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I heard Rep Lucas on Abdul at Large (93.1 WIBC) this afternoon. He dispelled some of the basic ConC myths and then discussed medical marijuana, dispelling myths there too.

Medical marijuana?

As far as I know, Lucas is advocating for the legality of cannabis oil only, not medical marijuana?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So i'm at the Avon heritage Festival. Ran into a guy that works for Brett Clark's campaign. I pointed out he was on the wrong side of Constitutional carry. I think I'll go find someone else wearing Brett Clark bling and point out the error of his ways to them too.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So i'm at the Avon heritage Festival. Ran into a guy that works for Brett Clark's campaign. I pointed out he was on the wrong side of Constitutional carry. I think I'll go find someone else wearing Brett Clark bling and point out the error of his ways to them too.

Good for you! These antis definitely need an education

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Two sentences in and he's calling it a concealed carry permit. Come on man. :facepalm:

Yeah i noticed that too but at least he's trying to disprove the myth that anyone can carry including felons, minors, etc..and that all police, whether it be active or retired Leo are against constitutional carry

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two sentences in and he's calling it a concealed carry permit. Come on man. :facepalm:

Yeah i noticed that too but at least he's trying to disprove the myth that anyone can carry including felons, minors, etc..and that all police, whether it be active or retired Leo are against constitutional carry

Assuming the people the article is intended for are the people who likely wouldn't know the difference anyway, it's really not all that important. It's a distinction most Hoosiers aren't aware of. And if you're trying to compare to the rest of the nation, most of the rest of the nation has some kind of concealed carry license or permit. It would have been more accurate if he just called it a carry license.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Not to mention the use of "Indianans" instead of Hoosiers.

Assuming the people the article is intended for are the people who likely wouldn't know the difference anyway, it's really not all that important. It's a distinction most Hoosiers aren't aware of. And if you're trying to compare to the rest of the nation, most of the rest of the nation has some kind of concealed carry license or permit. It would have been more accurate if he just called it a carry license.

See above. The piece was well thought out and well-written, but with this one minor bit of ignorance the author gives readers a reason to dismiss all of it as unsolicited advice from an out-of-stater.

It does undercut the message.

Last edited:

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I don't think I have seen this question asked in relation to CC. I began wondering today, if CC is passed, how will it affect private sales? There seems to be a reliance on the LTCH in the INGO classifieds as a condition of purchase.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I don't think I have seen this question asked in relation to CC. I began wondering today, if CC is passed, how will it affect private sales? There seems to be a reliance on the LTCH in the INGO classifieds as a condition of purchase.

It won't

1. Existing valid LTCH's will remain valid after passage.
    2. LTCH will still be available for those desiring inter-state reciprocity.
    3. Some sellers accept a recent receipt from a purchase of through an FFL.
    4. You can always require that the transfer be done through and FFL.

Top Bottom