• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The speaker is an elected official, is he not?
    Who says it "isn't kosher", and why does their opinion matter?

He's somebody I trust and you probably do too. I don't want to call him out on here but I was a bit taken back by the rebuke.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Heard a news story on WIBC a minute ago. The word is getting out there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Apparently, we're not all on the same page. I posted your information, Kirk, on my Facebook page to spread the news. So that I won't spread discord between INGO members, I won't mention names but I was gently reprimanded and told this was not correct and rather, we should concentrate on the committee chair.

The capo di tutti capi is the Speaker of the House. He is the boss of the committee chair.

Write the committee chair too but it was Bosma that stymied Lucas's bill last year. It is Bosma that should receive our attention.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The capo di tutti capi is the Speaker of the House. He is the boss of the committee chair.

Write the committee chair too but it was Bosma that stymied Lucas's bill last year. It is Bosma that should receive our attention.
    That's my line of thinking. But if we were to get to the nitty, wasn't it Pence who asked Bosma to skuttle it so as not to put him in the position of having to sign a controversial bill in an election year?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another new "NEWS" article with the same old lacking of information ..... and an opinion poll (running close at the moment):

Indiana lawmakers bill would get rid of existing laws requiring a license to carry a gun | WTHITV.com

I commented a couple time on their FB feed w/ info - but "GLWT" to get them to get it rights.
    ... there are others supporting/working our side of the street there too thankfully.

So much educating to do. There's the canard about training...and their fee research is lacking.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So much educating to do. There's the canard about training...and their fee research is lacking.

If you Google "Indiana handgun" it will self-populate with "permit fees". The top one is USACarry.com and if you don't actually go to the site this is the information. That doesn't even pass for research let alone journalism.

As far as training, I'm sure all of the criminals prohibited from owning firearms get plenty of training.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The supreme court has already ruled its illegal to charge a fee for someone to exercise a constitutional right. You always have scum bag lawyers who use arguments that a ruling doesn't apply to this or that, then you have lawyers on the other side that disagree.
    "Shall not be infringed" was written so that lawyers on neither side need get paid any tax money to argue. It's so simple that farmers and the real working man could understand it of the time and we certainly should understand it today but we overcomplicate everything. Other states are getting it and passing constitutional carry.

Speaker Bosma has been THE ONE who has stood in the way of this bill especially last session. This year with a new committee chair there is NO EXCUSE not to get this bill out for a vote on the floor and passed! And sooner than later. Not a rush job or held to the end and the ole oh sorry we ran out of time excuse. Na na! Isn't gonna fly this year Mr Speaker.
    i would encourage everyone to also call or write the NRA and mention specifically Speaker Bosma and this bill and past years.
    If this bill isn't passed this year then his and others need their good NRA rating taken away! Period.
    lets get everyone in the spotlight this year! Indiana is a PRO GUN, PRO CARRY STATE! Now let's honor the supremes law of the land by removing restrictions that violate gun owners constitutional right to carry a gun no matter of their economic status or the govt trying to harass legal gun owners with fees and paperwork permission slips.
    Its a shall issue state anyways so all this is about is money for the state to steal OUR money for OUR God given rights! That is shameful. INDIANA is better than this.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Further, it would allow people to carry who can't afford to go through the licensing process. Yes, $50-$120 is for many, too much to spare in hard times.

As a lifetime LTCH holder, I would be more than excited to hear that I no longer need it. Let's get this done Indiana!

Agree.

The liberals complain about the "cost of providing ID" when whining about voter ID (even when ID's can be had at minimal or no cost), but don't hear the ACLU jumping to defend the 2A and our right to carry when we're forced to apply and pay for that right.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    63%-35%, we'd be at 80% if the poll question's wording was worth half a crap!

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    What I would like to see is what we had when I lived in Alaska. You had constitutional carry meaning no permit of any kind needed to carry any legal weapon. BUT you had the option of getting a CCW license and this would give you reproicty when traveling out of state and it also allowed NICS exempt purchases of firearms in state. You just filled out the 4473, paid and went on your way. You got the best of both worlds there was no bloodshed in the streets and everything was fine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The proposed law continues the current LTCH system for reciprocity. It just eliminates the requirement. My lifetime LTCH would still be valid in other states that have reciprocity with Indiana.

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    The proposed law continues the current LTCH system for reciprocity. It just eliminates the requirement. My lifetime LTCH would still be valid in other states that have reciprocity with Indiana.

I get that but NICS exempt purchases are really nice and should be included. I have a super common name and use to get delayed everytime and eventually got a upin number to avoid it but it was never an issue with that license.

Top Bottom