• ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Indiana bill seeks to eliminate requirement for gun permits
    Indiana bill seeks to eliminate requirement for gun permits | Ap | nwitimes.com

I love this part :rolleyes: It still doesn't stop some from disarm you.

"Democrat St. Joseph County Prosecutor Ken Cotter said if people were not required to have a license to carry a handgun then police would lose a way to quickly obtain information about a person discovered with a concealed weapon during an encounter.
    Currently police officers may legally ask a person found with a weapon to produce a permit. In agreement was Republican LaPorte County Sheriff John Boyd, who said a valid handgun license also shows a police officer that a person does not have a felony, conviction, history of violence, certain mental illnesses or other factors that could signal danger"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [FONT=&quot]"In dealing with the public, we're working against the clock," Boyd said, "and if it's very time-consuming, we may have to let someone go before we find out they're the subject of a protective order or a convicted felon."[/FONT]

"Let someone go"=leave them the heck alone?

If someone is committing a crime, arrest that someone. If someone is minding their own business, getting gas or going to the hardware store, leave them the heck alone.

Constitutional carry is the removal of the Heckler's Veto for law enforcement. Starting to see the panic as LE (by LE I mean the brass) realizes the power they are losing over people.

Have you written Brian Bosma today?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Interesting. What does constitutional carry in Indiana have to do with Chicago's "gun problems"?

It's a throwaway line used when they are losing the argument. A non sequitur fallacy which the media hopes its audience will buy.

"Baaaaa, guns baaaaaddd."

Has the wife every been mad at you, but you are winning the argument and she says "you left the cap off the toothpaste last April 17th".

Same thing here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's a throwaway line used when they are losing the argument. A non sequitur fallacy which the media hopes its audience will buy.

"Baaaaa, guns baaaaaddd."

Has the wife every been mad at you, but you are winning the argument and she says "you left the cap off the toothpaste last April 17th".

Same thing here.
    :laugh:
    She never has to go back very far to find something to throw at me. I think she keeps a list for just that purpose.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Dear Speaker Bosma:

Please be aware that I am writing in support of HB______ (Constitutional carry). It is vital that this bill receive a hearing and vote in committee and the whole House. Thank you for your support of the Constitution and we have supported your party's supermajority status.

Ian Goyer"

Call, write, e-mail, rinse and repeat.

Post cards are excellent. It puts something physical on their desks and can be done in a matter of minutes.

Spread the word. Organize your own "cell". Call buddies, at bunch, at coffee, at beers, after services, what-have-you, get together and write it up and send it.

Here are e-mails:

Brian Bosma | State of Indiana House of Representatives

h88@in.gov

E-mail all you want. You want a letter, post card, something physical that cannot be ignored or deleted.

Hon. Brian Bosma
    Speaker of the House
    Indiana General Assembly
    200 West Washington Street
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46204

Next month we start callling. Write him. Make him feel the heat so he sees the light.

Shared on Facebook.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    "Let someone go"=leave them the heck alone?

If someone is committing a crime, arrest that someone. If someone is minding their own business, getting gas or going to the hardware store, leave them the heck alone.

Constitutional carry is the removal of the Heckler's Veto for law enforcement. Starting to see the panic as LE (by LE I mean the brass) realizes the power they are losing over people.

Rights should not be subjected to undue regulation by government in order to make governments job easier, or to make us, supposedly, "safer".

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Certainly with what, ten Constitutional Carry started now the antis would have some solid data to back up their "wild West, blood in the streets", etc, etc... claims...

Oh, silly me! They don't care about facts. Emotion rules their days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Louisville local news even reported on this. Of course it was sandwiched between stories about "gun violence" so that unthinking people would be outraged.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    If they have the votes, it will pass. Given how many other states have passed this, I don't see why Indiana would be different.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If they have the votes, it will pass. Given how many other states have passed this, I don't see why Indiana would be different.

It probably would have passed last year if it had made it to the floor for a vote. It stayed in committee, likely because Pence and Bosma didn't want to take a chance that the controversy over this bill might go viral like the RFRA act did, especially since it was an election year.

It can't get passed if it doesn't get voted on.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I liked the suggestion about sending postcards to our legislators so I stopped by the post office this afternoon and picked up some post cards. Only 38 cents for a card with postage already on it!!! I will address them and send some out tomorrow.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If they have the votes, it will pass.

That is not how the General Assembly works. The Speaker. It's all about the Speaker of the House.

If the Speaker of the Indiana House, Brian Bosma, tells the committee chair that the bill stays in his desk drawer, it stays in the desk drawer.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That is not how the General Assembly works. The Speaker. It's all about the Speaker of the House.

If the Speaker of the Indiana House, Brian Bosma, tells the committee chair that the bill stays in his desk drawer, it stays in the desk drawer.

^^^THIS^^^ ^^^THIS^^^ ^^^THIS^^^

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Study the terrain of the battlefield and we shall win 10,000 victories.

Learn from the writings of our enemy how the Indiana General Assembly works (focus on the flow chart on page 2)=>http://share.indianachamber.com/media/pdf/HowABillBecomesLaw08.pdf

We cannot obtain what we do not demand. No one will give you anything. Go get it.

What we want is right before us. Do not be afraid of victory. Act and we shall have it.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

^^^THIS^^^ ^^^THIS^^^ ^^^THIS^^^

Apparently, we're not all on the same page. I posted your information, Kirk, on my Facebook page to spread the news. So that I won't spread discord between INGO members, I won't mention names but I was gently reprimanded and told this was not correct and rather, we should concentrate on the committee chair.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Apparently, we're not all on the same page. I posted your information, Kirk, on my Facebook page to spread the news. So that I won't spread discord between INGO members, I won't mention names but I was gently reprimanded and told this was not correct and rather, we should concentrate on the committee chair.

Who says we can't have two fronts?:ar15::ar15:

Top Bottom