• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think they verify any contact info at processing. It doesn't always match up to other, more reliable, sources of info.

So they just take what the person that's being booked tells them?

I don't know how important it is to have an accurate address. Maybe it's not a lot more than yet another field to put something in on a computer screen. Or maybe the booking system already does this. But it would be easy and cost effective enough for booking systems to use a service to verify addresses. When the officer enters the address, if it isn't a real address it would display an error saying it isn't a valid address. It wouldn't verify that the person actually lives there but it would help flag if the person made up the address.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Professionals. They were supplied with valid addresses before they went to the riot. They were not sent to protest. Agents provocateur.

From what I have heard on here Indiana protests have been peaceful in the past.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The guy that said he was from Terre Haute had an Ohio DL. The guy with him had a Florida DL. A woman with them but was not arrested had a Florida DL (but said she lived in Bloomington), and a man with them that was not arrested was from Sweden or Finland and was "just visiting."

Thanks much. For the guy if he was from Finland just tell him they don't serve lutefisk in jail. You'll either never have trouble with him again, or he'll be trying to get a life sentence.

Not on his part. I'm sure the arrestees came up with some b.s. to throw off the hounds.

You mean like they honestly just moved here and haven't had a chance to change their licenses, but this is their honest to God furreal address?

Would they even have to provide ID? Wouldn't Name, Address and Date of Birth be all they would have had to supply?

Yep,

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Someone explain the logic of paid protesters. I admittedly, find it difficult to believe.

The strategy is to keep the country in a state of unrest. When resources and attention are diverted to quell unrest, then there are other (more important to the "employers") issues that go unwatched and hopefully for them, unnoticed. The press is no different. If it gets uncomfortable for one of their darlings, then isn't it funny how some other "crisis" magically happens to dominate the news and take the heat off?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The strategy is to keep the country in a state of unrest. When resources and attention are diverted to quell unrest, then there are other (more important to the "employers") issues that go unwatched and hopefully for them, unnoticed. The press is no different. If it gets uncomfortable for one of their darlings, then isn't it funny how some other "crisis" magically happens to dominate the news and take the heat off?

Ok here's my logic. Why not take their "protest" money, and go "suckers!" sit at home, buy a pizza with your newfound riches, and watch it all unfold on tv? I mean these are people I'm told, don't work... so should they start working now?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Someone explain the logic of paid protesters. I admittedly, find it difficult to believe.

Logic? George Soros. Sedition.

Hard to believe? The money trail is fairly simple to follow, for those with eyes to see. And it goes all the way back at *least* to Ferguson.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

Remember when the ill-named right to work bill was being passed. There were several bus loads of union members brought in from out of state to protest. Do you think they weren't paid?

Are we to believe people from several different areas of the country just happened to show up where there were buses waiting to take them to a demonstration? I know there is much speculation about who may be funding the anti-Trump protests but somebody must be organizing and bankrolling them. Wondering if IMPD, or anybody, has obtained real info about this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Remember when the ill-named right to work bill was being passed. There were several bus loads of union members brought in from out of state to protest. Do you think they weren't paid?

Are we to believe people from several different areas of the country just happened to show up where there were buses waiting to take them to a demonstration? I know there is much speculation about who may be funding the anti-Trump protests but somebody must be organizing and bankrolling them. Wondering if IMPD, or anybody, has obtained real info about this.

That's what I'm saying. There's such massive numbers involved, where's the concrete info on this pay to protest stuff. Not so fringe off kilter tin-foil source, but something reasonable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok here's my logic. Why not take their "protest" money, and go "suckers!" sit at home, buy a pizza with your newfound riches, and watch it all unfold on tv? I mean these are people I'm told, don't work... so should they start working now?

I don't know about you, but whenever I hire a contractor I generally don't pay it all up front. Especially roofing contractors.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Just because the protesters are paid doesn't mean they're not sympathetic to the cause. Let's say you want to stir up trouble in a particular city, but your "grass roots" support just isn't strong enough in that city to achieve your goals. Simple solution is to pay people that share your view from other areas to come and give the appearance that you have more support there than you really do. To the weak-minded, seeing such a large crowd appearing to support something which they otherwise might not have can have the affect of bringing them into the fold. "Golly, if all these people feel so strongly about this, maybe I need to change my position!" When that protest is over, load them up on the bus and take them to the next city or town, giving the appearance that it has strong support there too. It's like the ad populum logical fallacy, only being acted out instead of used in a debate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's what I'm saying. There's such massive numbers involved, where's the concrete info on this pay to protest stuff. Not so fringe off kilter tin-foil source, but something reasonable.

In another thread, someone posted an actual craigslist ad from Philly that was offering up to 1500 dollars a week to protest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In another thread, someone posted an actual craigslist ad from Philly that was offering up to 1500 dollars a week to protest.

And this is taken completely as fact, without a shred of skepticism? I mean, how hard would it be to offer up $5000 to one of those that participated, and have them draw out how the whole operation works. It's a fairly low price, for the boon of such politically damning information.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And this is taken completely as fact, without a shred of skepticism? I mean, how hard would it be to offer up $5000 to one of those that participated, and have them draw out how the whole operation works. It's a fairly low price, for the boon of such politically damning information.

As I've said, just because they're paid doesn't mean they're unsympathetic to Soros' cause.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I'm sure it's mere coincidence that all of these protests feature the same, professionally made, pre-printed signs (black text on yellow background), that all promote a website/organization openly funded by George Soros.

Top Bottom