• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Curry said the special prosecutor has 3 choices in how to proceed...:dunno:

I think the disconnect is how things are written vs how things actually are, which has also evolved over time.

I understand both sides of the argument, openness and transparency vs poor use of resources.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Curry said the special prosecutor has 3 choices in how to proceed...:dunno:
    Well, I would say that he has more than 3:

1. He can file charges.
    2. He can decline charges.
    3. He can run it through a grand jury and seek an indictment or try for a no bill.
    4. If an indictment issues, he can choose to pursue the case or choose to dismiss it.
    5. He can get the hell off the case if he has a reason.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well, I would say that he has more than 3:

1. He can file charges.
    2. He can decline charges.
    3. He can run it through a grand jury and seek an indictment or try for a no bill.
    4. If an indictment issues, he can choose to pursue the case or choose to dismiss it.
    5. He can get the hell off the case if he has a reason.

6. He can have someone else make the decision because he is a candyass that doesn't want heat from either side.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I support IMPD fully. They did the right thing. Play stupid games with COPs, win stupid prizes.

Those Black Lives Matter terrorists have been writing all over the bricks outside the CCB since this happened. They were out in front again tonight raising a stink.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Channel 6 has the 16page investigation document posted. Great read. Logic is sound, their conclusion seems reasonable based on the findings of the investigation. Worth a read.

No charges for IMPD officers in fatal shooting of Aaron Bailey - TheIndyChannel.com Indianapolis, IN

The bullet strike in the center console lid proving it was open, and that Bailey's body was between it and the officers, probably helped them out quite a bit. The investigator from our office noted that and that it corroborated the officers' statements. I wasn't sure which way the wind would blow on this one, but I think the forensics definitely helped them.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I read that report earlier. Everything leading up to the shooting sounds like excellent police work. Looking at the totality of the circumstances, it seems reasonable for the Officers to fear he was retrieving a weapon. The fact he didn't end up having a weapon is irrelevant. Hopefully the Officers involved can move past this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    IMPD chief recommends firing two officers involved in fatal shooting of Aaron Bailey | FOX59

Two Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) officers involved in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man in June have been suspended and face termination.

The IMPD Firearms Review Board...voted unanimously that the officers didn’t comply with their training. After reviewing the facts presented by the board, IMPD Chief Bryan Roach found there was not sufficient reason to believe deadly force was necessary to affect the arrest of Bailey...

Roach said Howard and Dinnsen did not apply their training for high-risk traffic stops properly.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom