• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Don't do something that would risk your job, your house, your car... and if you end up in the newspaper, that's almost always a bad thing.

So the only solution is to do nothing at all. The officers did what they thought was the correct action and are paying for it. There was no malice or unlawful intent in their actions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So the only solution is to do nothing at all. The officers did what they thought was the correct action and are paying for it. There was no malice or unlawful intent in their actions.

Those weren't my words... it was an often repeated manta, that we regularly conscious of. And I'm sure we both know there are LOTS of officers who with neither malice or unlawfulness on the mind, when they did something, but ended up unemployed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And the chief got to keep his job Scot free.

Why should the Chief's job be in question? I've always had issue, unless there is some clear incompetence, with the firing of chief's over these types of issues.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Fire the cops whom killed a career criminal while evading arrest. It's more like the chief is trading the officers jobs to keep his own, keeping the SJW off his back.

It's just my opinion, and I'm not alone.

As a tax payer of Marion county, I'm gonna pay for part of it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fire the cops whom killed a career criminal while evading arrest. It's more like the chief is trading the officers jobs to keep his own, keeping the SJW off his back.

It's just my opinion, and I'm not alone.

As a tax payer of Marion county, I'm gonna pay for part of it.

From my understanding, it was suggested that they be fired based on a violation of policy. I don't know what that violation of policy is, but I can assure you that many an officer has been sent packing over policy violations. Let's say a department has a no pursuit policy, and an officer kicks up a pursuit over an expired plate. If the person fleeing in the vehicle flips their car and dies, the officer pursuing hasn't done anything legally wrong, but that violation of policy will most likely cost them their career.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Sure, but why the hush hush. Let's see what exactly policies the signed up and violated so black and white they need to be fired, the public will move on.

As for the department policies, was use of firearms One of the available options the officers had under that situation.

If it was not, fire them away. If yes, it may not be the best option, then they need to be re-trained and reprimanded.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Proactive officers get in a lot more trouble than officers who do the bare minimum. Sometimes the line is blurred between smart and lazy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sure, but why the hush hush. Let's see what exactly policies the signed up and violated so black and white they need to be fired, the public will move on.

As for the department policies, was use of firearms One of the available options the officers had under that situation.

If it was not, fire them away. If yes, it may not be the best option, then they need to be re-trained and reprimanded.

I don't think there's anything "hush hush", just that specific GOs are mostly meaningless to the public. From what the Chief said in the news release, I believe the argument will be they should have done a felony stop and not approached the vehicle, thus not putting themselves in the position to have to shoot. While not the fact pattern in this case, we've already been told by the range staff that things like trying to block a car in and then shooting at the driver when they try to run over you may cost you your job. Yes, the car is deadly force, but you shouldn't have put yourself in harm's way to make that situation occur.

It's a tough job, with split second decisions. When you screw up, people die. I don't believe for a second the officers acted maliciously or with ill intent. If they followed the GOs and training is a different question, though, and even if they didn't the Merit Board can still decide they shouldn't be fired.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I don't think there's anything "hush hush", just that specific GOs are mostly meaningless to the public. From what the Chief said in the news release, I believe the argument will be they should have done a felony stop and not approached the vehicle, thus not putting themselves in the position to have to shoot. While not the fact pattern in this case, we've already been told by the range staff that things like trying to block a car in and then shooting at the driver when they try to run over you may cost you your job. Yes, the car is deadly force, but you shouldn't have put yourself in harm's way to make that situation occur.

It's a tough job, with split second decisions. When you screw up, people die. I don't believe for a second the officers acted maliciously or with ill intent. If they followed the GOs and training is a different question, though, and even if they didn't the Merit Board can still decide they shouldn't be fired.

They never approached the vehicle until after the shots were fired. That they did is pure speculation and rumor by people that weren't there.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I support IMPD fully. They did the right thing. Play stupid games with COPs, win stupid prizes.

Those Black Lives Matter terrorists have been writing all over the bricks outside the CCB since this happened. They were out in front again tonight raising a stink.

Educate me ..... what is ccb ?????

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I don't know how one, without the full details of the story, can reliably say this.

Well, He's not telling the details.

And there's no laws broken.

Between the officers' and the perp's/BLM, he choose the later to side with.

They made mistakes, but not all mistakes are leading to termination.

[video=youtube;uj0mtxXEGE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They had never been "in trouble" for anything before this incident. They, and I, would rather be dumb than a load.

Yeah, they weren't in trouble until they were. Maybe too dumb to see the (political) weather changing.
    Speaking of loads, they can always go to truck driving school after they are fired and make fairly decent money.
    Damn shame, but the clowns in this admin sure don't have your six. But it's your chin....lead with it if you want to.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom