• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarGunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    North Indy
    I would prove to them that it is not a fully automatic device. Perhaps, the feds would make a provision to those that have the $200 tax stamp for their device like a revison of a grandfather clause?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I sort of cant believe I read this whole thread. I feel like there are actually people out there that fear this, outside of the price hike that is...

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Meh.jpg

Last edited:

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    From what I understand the Assault weapon regulation if it goes through would not really affect us but more the mentally ill and people with a criminal record.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "They" have already got it covered! Didn't you know that starting with the first rifled musket "they" have been implanting microchips for satellite tracking capabilities? It's triggered from the reverse signal that all of the t.v. sets have, you know the one that has allowed "them" to watch the goings on in every household in America every day since the introduction of the full wave antenna. And if that isn't enough to tweek your noodle have you thought about why you can now buy a microwave for under $50. It's because every microwave in America has a tactical nuclear weapon built into it in the chinese factories, that's so that when "the time" arrives they can launch pre-emptive strikes and wipeout all of the free thinkers.

I mean come on man, listen to any Beetles record in reverse at 78 speed. . . .it's all right there.

I have to go now, the doctors are coming with my meds. . . . . . .

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I sort of cant believe I read this whole thread. I feel like there are actually people out there that fear this, outside of the price hike that is...

Do you not fear that another AWB/more gun control/other gun bans will happen? That sounds pretty naive to me. I'm sure the pro-gun people in Austrailia and England never thought they would live to see the kind of bans that they currently have. I personally always do what I can to make sure that does not happen and always assume there will be more gun control legislation, including an AWB.

Respectfully,

BravoMike
    :twocents:

Last edited:

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder if the ban would include all parts of the rifle or just the lower? If all the other parts would still be legal to buy, it just might be time to invest in a few lowers.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Do you not fear that another AWB/more gun control/other gun bans will happen? That sounds pretty naive to me. I'm sure the pro-gun people in Austrailia and England never thought they would live live to see the kind of bans that they currently have. I personally always do what I can to make sure that does not happen and always assume there will be more gun control legislation, including an AWB.

Respectfully,

BravoMike
    :twocents:

Do I fear? No. Am I concerned? Perhaps some. Just not enough to really entertain 90% of what I'm reading in this thread. Firefights with the door to door police? Really?

I'm not versed enough in the former laws or gun rights of the countries you mentioned (though it does warrant some looking into), so I cannot comment on that. However, Frank prett much laid it out, no ones taking anything. Those bid to do the taking don't want to as bad as we don't want them to!

What is it you personally do to make sure this doesn't happen? Vote? Outside of that I'm curious. You're right to assume there will be more gun legislation, there will be. That said, what can you do? Our government is a system, albeit a flawed system, but when your fellow countrymen (elected officials, elected by "we the people") inact an AWB, you'll do just like the rest of us an conform. Just like we all do with NFA items, thought we thinks that's bs. NFA is an AWB in my book.

Lastly, I just don't really think it will happen to be honest. Our community grows stronger and smarter everyday. The world is an increasingly dangerous place and for every idiot that believes guns actually kill people, 2 former idiots convert because in the end EVERYONE'S only real concern is survival!

No ill will here and apologies in advance if this post reads with like I'm being a D!(&. This is just how I see it :twocents:

Respectfully,

Booya

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Would 'they' reenact the "AWB" ban? In a NY minute along with any other guns they can get the political leverage to 'outlaw'. Would they go door to door to come and get them? They might try it in places where the public would be ignorant and sympathetic, and LEOs compliant, like NJ or chicago. But they wouldn't have the nerve or stomach to try that in the 'heartland' etc. Remember how the likes of feinstein et al were horrified by waco and ruby ridge, and were ready to throw the FBI under the bus? They can't stomach casualties to defend the country from terrorism, they won't be able to cope with the fratricide they'd cause here--especially knowing that when the dust settled, people would be looking for the traitors that were responsible for starting that trouble.
    It might make for an interesting constitutional crisis if some pro 2A governors were to mobilize the NG and state police to stop the batfe etc from carrying out that order (God willing).

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Do I fear? No. Am I concerned? Perhaps some. Just not enough to really entertain 90% of what I'm reading in this thread. Firefights with the door to door police? Really?

I'm not versed enough in the former laws or gun rights of the countries you mentioned (though it does warrant some looking into), so I cannot comment on that. However, Frank prett much laid it out, no ones taking anything. Those bid to do the taking don't want to as bad as we don't want them to!

What is it you personally do to make sure this doesn't happen? Vote? Outside of that I'm curious. You're right to assume there will be more gun legislation, there will be. That said, what can you do? Our government is a system, albeit a flawed system, but when your fellow countrymen (elected officials, elected by "we the people") inact an AWB, you'll do just like the rest of us an conform. Just like we all do with NFA items, thought we thinks that's bs. NFA is an AWB in my book.

Lastly, I just don't really think it will happen to be honest. Our community grows stronger and smarter everyday. The world is an increasingly dangerous place and for every idiot that believes guns actually kill people, 2 former idiots convert because in the end EVERYONE'S only real concern is survival!

No ill will here and apologies in advance if this post reads with like I'm being a D!(&. This is just how I see it :twocents:

Respectfully,

Booya
    First of all, no I don't think you're being a D!(&, I think you're being honest. ;)

Like many have posted here, I don't think that anyone would come door to door demanding your guns. This would be a huge waste of time because there is no federal registration and no paper trail as the law currently stands. If there is to be another AWB, I believe it would be worse than the last because the lawmakers would have "learned their lesson" from the first one. With the political make up in DC and Indiana, I don't see one going through right now. But what if there is another tragedy tomorrow and people started getting very vocal about it?

In England they had made all handguns illegal and required people to hand them over while the govt' paid for them. They also had registration which helped to enforce this. They also do not allow semi-auto rifles.

In Australia semi-auto rifles are very much so regulated and it is my understanding they are hard to come by. So called "assault rifles" are outright banned.

Both of these countries enacted sweeping gun control legislation after mass shootings and large public outcry. Neither of these countries saw a drop in violent crimes, which means these gun control laws where ineffective.

I would say the worst case scenario we have right now is an AWB that was worse than before. It would make the possession of such weapons illegal with severe penalties. This may be done at the state and federal level. I think this is a long shot, but like I said, it's what I see as my worst case scenario.

Gun control is a social paradigm, where people actually believe that it will work. I see my job as being a good steward of gun rights by supporting those who I believe have the 2A at our best interest. Yes this means by voting, but it also means much more. (No, I'm not a single issue voter but the 2A is a nail in the coffin for me.) It also means I support people locally who are true supporters of 2A. I am a member of both the NRA and GOA, and I urge other fellow gun owners to join as well. People may not agree with their politics, but I think both of those organizations are our best fighting chance. I try to stay current with gun legislation and write letters in support of, or against to my politicians. I realize that may fall on deaf ears if they have their minds made up, but at least they know my stance. I also arm myself with the facts by looking at the FBI crime statistics and CDC website from time to time and by educating myself in the history of firearms. That way, when someone wants to bring up the evils of guns, I can correct them factually. I have found that having facts and telling them "don't take my word for it, that's what XYZ says," is very powerful.

Being a Military brat, I have moved around a lot and have grown up living near big cities. The last being the city of Chicago. You have an optimistic view of how people view guns, and based on my experiences, I unfortunately cannot share the same. Our elected countrymen are elected by our countrymen (and women of course), therefore we need to do our best to be good stewards of gun rights and help keep the public opinion of guns in our favor.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Liv Tyler's half sister :dunno:...looks kind of like "dad" to be sure...

:noway::noway::noway:

Where is negative rep?

I was enjoying this thread (and picture) till I scrolled down and saw Steven Tyler.

This whole thread has a lot in common with most of the zombie threads. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Invite them in and hand over a single-shot 22 from the basement.

Meanwhile, Team Miguel is setting fire to the vehicles in the driveway...

Top Bottom