• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Like mentioned, like the last AWB, everything bought previous to the ban would be grandfathered in. No worries.

THIS.

The logistics of anything else is unreal. It'd be easier to collect waffle irons.

Worst case, tax stamps like full auto.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    To me being anti-gun means believing that no guns should exist outside of the police/military, kind of like in the UK. But that's just me.

Which is pretty much what you said.....

"I don't know any officers that are truly anti-gun, but I know there are some that are against anyone but the police owning guns."

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I can tell you every insurance company for the police will be telling them they will not have coverage anymore.

Cancellation notices will be sent the same day that law is passed. Within 60 days most police agencies will not have workers compensation or any other insurance coverage.

It will happen so fast they won't know what happened!

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    If that happens ......

I'll wrap them all up in a nice big box with a big pink bow and turn them in to the local authorities as ordered because I am a good American citizen.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Stimulate guns sales.

Who is going to do this? Cops? I don't think so. They have houses too, and neighbors.

Don't know about you, but I'm not going to that event.

I already did it. See first response.

First of all, there are too many of us, and too many guns, to collect them all would be physically and logistically impossible. Secondly, that would be the start of a very dark time in this country. Doesn't make for good politics. Even Obama would not want the inevitable consequences of such a blatant tyrannical crime on his hands.

All of this^^^^:yesway:

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I travel a lot all over the country and have talked about this with a lot of people ( mostly maintanance men / blue collar types)and if it came to a house to house situation the concensus is that another cival war would happen. Especially in southern states and more rural communities.
    Sounds romantic doesn't it? Truthfully, it'll be like last time. People will be pissed but the majority won't care or think it's good thing, but nothing will happen. This is why we NEED public opinion on our side, or we may very well be doomed.

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    I actually fear the gun manufacturers more. Any mention of an AWB will have them hiking prices. No worries... I've been preparing for the past few years. Remember 2009? I do. :ar15:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I figure it would be a ban on new ones coming into the market rather than a confiscation or prohibition on transfer of existing inventory.

That said, I have been thinking about what I would do if in fact a gun confiscation (or a confiscation of only "assault weapons") was required by our laws.

After much consideration I am leaning towards refusing to comply, refusing to conceal my crime and refusing to commit violence and turning myself in as a criminal, providing the location of contraband items clearly in my control (if not physical possession as I would not court violence).

I would first inform my family, friends and any local media I could interest along with the local gun community and the NRA. After getting my affairs in order, saying my goodbyes and seeking the most leverage from my action I would go to my local sheriff's office and surrender myself to the punishment of the law.

Better men than me have done it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I figure it would be a ban on new ones coming into the market rather than a confiscation or prohibition on transfer of existing inventory.

That said, I have been thinking about what I would do if in fact a gun confiscation (or a confiscation of only "assault weapons") was required by our laws.

After much consideration I am leaning towards refusing to comply, refusing to conceal my crime and refusing to commit violence and turning myself in as a criminal, providing the location of contraband items clearly in my control (if not physical possession as I would not court violence).

I would first inform my family, friends and any local media I could interest along with the local gun community and the NRA. After getting my affairs in order, saying my goodbyes and seeking the most leverage from my action I would go to my local sheriff's office and surrender myself to the punishment of the law.

Better men than me have done it.

That actually sounds like a reasonable plan, assuming you could get enough media to pick it up and assuming Youtube and FB were not under complete screenings.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm about as worried about a door to door confiscation as I am a meteor strike. Probably less, actually.

There's no need to do door-to-door, even if they had the manpower or desire. Do they go door-to-door looking for meth? No, they wait to catch you with it. If guns are banned, they'll just wait for you to step on your crank with it. Get caught carrying, neighbor calls in your target practice, shoot someone breaking in your house, etc.

Top Bottom