I just stole a package off someone's porch...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    But it was my package, delivered to the wrong house. This is the 2nd time FedEx has delivered my stuff to this house even though my address was on the package and didn't match the address on the front of the house it was delivered to. I lodged a complaint with FedEx but I doubt it goes anywhere.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had a similar problem a few weeks back. In my case, no one lived in the particular house where the package was dropped. Given it was in the neighborhood I didn't want someone to call the police reporting mail theft. So I called the local PD and asked them what to do given the situation, their recommendation was to go get it. Annoying that it happened but simple resolution at least.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    But seriously, I think Fedex just hires anybody that expresses an interest in driving for them. The few fedex drivers I know, always seemed really unhappy with their lot in life.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Is the FedEx driver in fear of a curb stomping and afraid to visit your house???? :):

I feel you pain Frank, I seem to have the same problem, except reversed...My neighbors deliveries keep showing up on my porch...I guess he didn't want to walk the extra 75' to the neighbors stoop???:dunno:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had a huge Pampered Chef order (several big boxes) delivered to a neighbor's porch by Fed Ex. PC was getting ready to reship because nobody could figure out where it went and the driver swore he delivered it here. Fed Ex came to deliver something else, and I asked the driver if he would humor me and go check the neighbor's house. His paperwork showed it was delivered to my front porch. I pointed to it and asked if he remembered carrying all of those big, heavy boxes up all of those steps...he did not. He went to the neighbor's and returned with the whole order....it was still sitting on their front porch where he left it. They don't use that door and apparently had not even noticed all of those boxes piled up there.

Don't even get me started on the mail carrier....

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    There was a Fed Ex driver last year in Peru that fell out of his truck while turning the corner. Truck kept going thru the bushes and into the side of the house!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I had a huge Pampered Chef order (several big boxes) delivered to a neighbor's porch by Fed Ex. PC was getting ready to reship because nobody could figure out where it went and the driver swore he delivered it here. Fed Ex came to deliver something else, and I asked the driver if he would humor me and go check the neighbor's house. His paperwork showed it was delivered to my front porch. I pointed to it and asked if he remembered carrying all of those big, heavy boxes up all of those steps...he did not. He went to the neighbor's and returned with the whole order....it was still sitting on their front porch where he left it. They don't use that door and apparently had not even noticed all of those boxes piled up there.

Don't even get me started on the mail carrier....

I guess comparing the number on the package(s) to what is on the house is too much to ask.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I guess comparing the number on the package(s) to what is on the house is too much to ask.

I have to get packages off my neighbor's porch every once in a while. We share part of a driveway and when the bushes grown over his address out front, it makes it look like his house is the one to go to for my address.

Unrelated, but I've not been a big fan of Fedex since one of their drivers actually complained to me that he had to drive all the way out to my house to deliver a package.

The driver that normally comes to my house now can't back out of my driveway. I kid you not, she rings my doorbell and has me do it for her.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't grab someone else's package without their consent. :nono:
    I guess grabbing your own package while standing on someone's porch is weird as well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    fed ex package(green logos) are owned by independent contractors who "buy" routes, and hire anybody to drive the trucks and are paid by the person who owns the route, fed ex express (red logos) are employed by fed ex, and are paid by fed ex.

that said, we've had great package drivers over the years! I work in ky, and live in Indiana, and had a gun being shipped from the factory to me (ati repaired a gsg5) and was asking the driver where I could pick it up, it was due to be delivered the next day, when he said that the center closed at 5, I said well i'll leave early one day the next week and pick it up....the next day he walked in with it! he called the route owner, and he grabbed the box at the center and gave it to my driver.

most packages I have delivered to me at work, way to many porch pirates in Evansville! my work isn't very gun friendly, so most of those "special" packages (repairs) I ask them to be held at the centers, but accessories aren't any problem, a guy at work even had a L1a1 kit shipped here

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fed-X/UPS guys are not happy people.
    Ask as I may I can not get them to walk 25' farther up the drive and put the packages by the back door under the car port. They leave them out front in plain view.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Another advantage to living in the woods, there just isn't another porch to put the packages on.

Top Bottom