I just stole a package off someone's porch...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I had a huge Pampered Chef order (several big boxes) delivered to a neighbor's porch by Fed Ex. PC was getting ready to reship because nobody could figure out where it went and the driver swore he delivered it here. Fed Ex came to deliver something else, and I asked the driver if he would humor me and go check the neighbor's house. His paperwork showed it was delivered to my front porch. I pointed to it and asked if he remembered carrying all of those big, heavy boxes up all of those steps...he did not. He went to the neighbor's and returned with the whole order....it was still sitting on their front porch where he left it. They don't use that door and apparently had not even noticed all of those boxes piled up there.

Don't even get me started on the mail carrier....

Was it the neighbor you have had problems with? If not why not go check yourself? And I can understand the not noticing part, we had a wrong delivery to our house and while we noticed it, my wife and I both thought the other had left it there. It came in a cooler similar to one we own. I thought my wife had set it there and she thought I had. It sat there for literally for 2-3 months.

The mail carrier I can understand, although he has gotten better since I followed the local post masters advice. Don't deliver mail that was wrongly delivered, call them. They will send the carrier back out and make him/her pick it up and redeliver it. And that is after hours.

Another advantage to living in the woods, there just isn't another porch to put the packages on.

Sure there is. Mine. I had a package delivered to my house when the actual address was somewhere out in the country. It was supposed to go somewhere about 3-5 miles outside of my town, but it ended up on my porch.

Hey Frank , You sure that package was yours , because I've been missing one for me FEDEX can't find---It's been about 15 months now

Did you check you're wife's purse? And a belated congratulations on your wedding.

Glad my package is still on the FedEx truck....

You're wife drives for FedEx?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Our house got Tee Pee'd by Fed X.

Delivered an entire case of toilet paper to our hose at 1234 North Oak Drive instead of 1234 South Oak Drive. I was nice and took it over the next block in our neighborhood to our neighbor but didn't put it in the roll.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Our house got Tee Pee'd by Fed X.

Delivered an entire case of toilet paper to our hose at 1234 North Oak Drive instead of 1234 South Oak Drive. I was nice and took it over the next block in our neighborhood to our neighbor but didn't put it in the roll.

Toilet paper... delivered? Been times I could have used that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We had a great UPS guy but he told them to pound sand and quit.
    I like our FedEx guy (at least I assume we still have him). Since most of the year we live on our covered deck, I have a sign on the front door to ring the cast iron bell by the garage if there is no answer at the door. Even when I've happened to see him pull up and meet him in the driveway, he still goes up and rings the bell. He just likes ringing that bell. :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Was it the neighbor you have had problems with? If not why not go check yourself? And I can understand the not noticing part, we had a wrong delivery to our house and while we noticed it, my wife and I both thought the other had left it there. It came in a cooler similar to one we own. I thought my wife had set it there and she thought I had. It sat there for literally for 2-3 months.

The mail carrier I can understand, although he has gotten better since I followed the local post masters advice. Don't deliver mail that was wrongly delivered, call them. They will send the carrier back out and make him/her pick it up and redeliver it. And that is after hours.

I guess I didn't go over there because I didn't think of it at first but after he insisted he delivered it, I asked him to check on it for me. It is a neighbor we get along with just fine, but I didn't know that they didn't use the front door ever and assumed they would have called at some point if it had been setting there for two weeks.

The post office where I live is the worst ever. They deliver our mail to others and others to us. Reported several times and nothing done. The postmaster is a joke.

I think it must be the entire postal system. Our carrier delivers mail to the wrong addresses, apparently lets it blow out the window of her car or throws it out, steals it, etc. We have things that never show up. I have found things in the ditch when picking up trash that should have been in my mail box. I get mail for the neighbors. I used to just put it back in the box with the flag up. Now, I write on the front "delivered to ....fill in my address...on...fill in date.... Not at this address" and put it back in the box. That way, when the neighbor does get it, they know it came here first and they can also complain.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Fed-X/UPS guys are not happy people.
    Ask as I may I can not get them to walk 25' farther up the drive and put the packages by the back door under the car port. They leave them out front in plain view.

Watched from my office window as 2 slugs took a package from my house (I live next door to my biz) last year. Was out the door yelling "Hey you freakin' (I'm paraphrasing) dopers!!!!" before they made it 10 steps. Caught one of them.... ANYWAY, F-Ex still won't take deliveries around while UPS always has. F-Ex peeps can't drive and can't follow simple instructions.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    The post office where I live is the worst ever. They deliver our mail to others and others to us. Reported several times and nothing done. The postmaster is a joke.

We had a problem with USPS Delivering Mail to the wrong addresses. I live at the end of a Cul De Sac and the Mail was mixed up 2-3 times a Week. 3 of us complained on the Phone with no results. I went to the substation and asked to speak with the Manager. She assured me it would never happen again. Next day we had a new Mail Carrier and no more problems. I had problems with Fed Ex Ground several years ago, their Customer Service Operators are in Bogata Columbia.......

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    FedEx guys are the worst. My area is serviced from the hub on Massachusetts Ave. They have yet to find my house. They found my neighbors a few times. I have a good neighbor who calls to let me know I have a delivery. A few times I have had to go there and pick up the package because they could not find my house on re-delivery, with exact directions and house color. What irritates me is when one of their contractors is on my route/zone. I'll have to wait until they return to the hub the next morning to pickup in person because they take the truck home at end of route.

Now my UPS guy? He's great! He'll even talk about firearms when he sees I've got a delivery of ammo. (I really hate that they ship it in the factory labeled box!)

USPS? They are lousy too. They seem to always hold on to an important package an extra day or two before delivering. I guess they can only put so much in their little trucks for one day.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just couldn't resist wanting to see what it felt like being on the other side of the law, eh?

Any time someone I Tased asked me if I knew how it felt to be Tased I could say yes, becauase i had been Tased. So I might as well be able to speak from experience about riding in the back of a police car.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Any time someone I Tased asked me if I knew how it felt to be Tased I could say yes, becauase i had been Tased. So I might as well be able to speak from experience about riding in the back of a police car.

You need to complete the experience and get yourself "waffled" as well. ;)

Top Bottom