• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I kinda like Kirk's idea, but don't tell him I said so. He's got a big enough head as it it(or perhaps that's how it appears due to lack of hair). Tax deduction for training or safes and such.
    And for the record, my tax deduction proposal (above the line tax deduction for gun safes, gun training, tuition, travel, lodging, ammo, etc.) is separate from eliminating the LTCH. I never proposed any linking of the two.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I agree with that, but I was thinking more of waiving the LTCH fees or some sort of reimbursement when providing proof of training. In that respect, it mostly keeps the .gov out of the training process and might incentivize (or even make people aware of training that might not know anything about it or that training even exists) someone to get learned on firearms when considering a LTCH.

That's mostly moot if constitutional carry becomes a thing, which would be awesome. It would then only apply to those that wanted reciprocity from other states.

Do it with the tax code. Training becomes rewarded via an above the line tax deduction from gun school tuition, travel, lodging, ammo, etc.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    With this looming on the horizon, would it be beneficial to still apply for the LTCH permit now? If so, any point in going lifetime over the current 5-year application?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And for the record, my tax deduction proposal (above the line tax deduction for gun safes, gun training, tuition, travel, lodging, ammo, etc.) is separate from eliminating the LTCH. I never proposed any linking of the two.
    Both of these actions will encourage people to seek training and safes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    With this looming on the horizon, would it be beneficial to still apply for the LTCH permit now? If so, any point in going lifetime over the current 5-year application?
    Yes for a couple reasons. You will probably cross the state line at some point would be one. The five year is set up to be NICS exempt. The advantage of the lifetime is never having to remember to renew it, since you probably will cross the state line in the future.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I am standing right here.

Lack of hair. Pffft.

View attachment 130864
    Perhaps it's just the size of your head that makes it look like too little hair?
    Yes I understand, it's possible I was not clear enough though.
    Yes for a couple reasons. You will probably cross the state line at some point would be one. The five year is set up to be NICS exempt. The advantage of the lifetime is never having to remember to renew it, since you probably will cross the state line in the future.
    I would recommend getting the lifetime now, since it's quite possible you may have to go out of state and or wish to carry a firearm before this goes into effect. Get the 5 year after since it will be free then.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have a lifetime but the paper is getting really worn. I did a change of address a few years ago and paid the $20 thinking I would get the newer one but it never arrived. I figured my address was updated in the system so that was all that mattered. I wonder now if I should try to get a newer one issued that is more durable. Will we still be able to get replacement lifetime LTCH if this law changes?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have a lifetime but the paper is getting really worn. I did a change of address a few years ago and paid the $20 thinking I would get the newer one but it never arrived. I figured my address was updated in the system so that was all that mattered. I wonder now if I should try to get a newer one issued that is more durable. Will we still be able to get replacement lifetime LTCH if this law changes?
    There is no requirement to actually carry the physical card, so I wouldn't bother personally, but that's just me.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Just go to one of the office supply places and have it laminated. Takes 5 minutes.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Sooooo - The State wants to finally grant me my Constitutional right of self defense without any strings attached for licensing on July 31st, but that right still isn’t available until March 2022?

Yes, I can get the LTCH for free, but that’s besides the point. I do not NEED a license for my natural Constitutional right.

While it is being labeled as Constitutional Carry and it is ultimately still an improvement, it still has measures of infringement. It is still not completely Constitutional until the entirety of any licensing laws has been completely repealed.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Unless you travel out of state, to a state that requires you to carry the physical card. Which I think is most if not all of them.
    Good point, but one question. If you travel to a state that already has constitutional carry, does that state’s law also cover you when you’re in that state even though you’re not a resident?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Good point, but one question. If you travel to a state that already has constitutional carry, does that state’s law also cover you when you’re in that state even though you’re not a resident?
    I believe in all states but one. One iirc is limited to residents only. Can't remember which one off the top of my head though.

ETA I was wrong it's two. N Dakota and Wyoming.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I believe in all states but one. One iirc is limited to residents only. Can't remember which one off the top of my head though.

ETA I was wrong it's two. N Dakota and Wyoming.
    Thanks. So in ND and WY it’s “freedom for me but not for thee.” Wonder how they justify that since presumably they don’t do any background checking of their state citizens or visitors to the state either given how CC normally works?

Maybe a federal case could be made that a CC state must give full faith and credit to all other citizens whenever they’re within the CC’s borders as far as carrying goes? Works for drivers licenses; nobody asks for ID before you drive on their roads.

Top Bottom