HAS YOUR FAMILY EVER FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Happy Birthday, GARANDGUY. Sorry they forgot. It was bound to happen sometime, though. From my interactions with you, you definitely aren't the entitlement type... ignore the trolls in the thread trying to make you feel bad.

Whomever else said it, though... she gave you a pretty big "gimmie" by forgetting. Spend it wisely.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yup. So what? I don't answer my phone on my birthday because I couldn't care less if it's my birthday. It's just another day.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

This needs to be quoted again.

I'm not even that old and I couldn't care less about my birthday...After 21, it's just another day.

I certainly like the card my son(now 6) makes me, but for everyone else: If you want to get me something for my birthday, forget my birthday.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sort of reminds me of the Mother's day I gave wifey a minivan. The kids DID remember me on father's day, and gave me hankies in hand decorated gift bags that they'd made in bible school. Those were nice. Wifey? Zip. Later on she said she'd been thinking of getting me an orbital polisher because I'd said something about it making it easier to wax her van,... but no actual present. Just hadn't gotten around to it. So I do understand how you felt. And don't let the "He man woman hater's club" fool ya. It's perfectly normal to be disappointed if your #1 gal forgets ya, but also do NOT let that free pass go easily! Make her EARN it back! ;)

And happy belated birthday!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Happy belated birthday, if it makes you feel any better all i did for my last one was order Chinese take out. I decided that i would be adventures and use chop sticks to eat my sweet and sour chicken, about 3 mins in i got out a fork. Damn Chinese and their nimble hands

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I know people with Indiana Bulldog Rescue...just saying :D

Contact info PLEASE! I miss my buddy Zeus and we got him from a rescue in Sligo,KY Best dog a guy ever had! He was a former KSP K9 officers personal dog but he knew how to do everything a duty K9 did but his stamina wasnt much, as is the case with most bullies. I would really appreciate it!!!!!! Thank you!

Last edited:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Someone is always going to disappoint you somehow whether it be your wife or someone else in your family who should know when your birthday is. My parents are both gone, but they never forgot my birthday. When someone hurts my feelings, I usually just go out and buy a new toy like a gun or a knife or a wide screen television. I just turned 60, but when someone close to me forgets my birthday, when I never forget theirs, it still stings just a little. I guess that I will never completely grow up entirely. Who wants to grow up completely?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have decided to get an English Bully for myself. Update though just found out my party will be Saturday since the wifey isnt going to the party in Indy because "Those bi**hes are stuck up",lol. Going to visit the bully rescue this weekend or next! Thanks Lori!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    weeell now!

sounds like things have taken a turn for the better! Happy Belated! And good luck pickin' out a new friend. Don't let on to the wife that its her replacement. . . .:rolleyes::D
    I have decided to get an English Bully for myself. Update though just found out my party will be Saturday since the wifey isnt going to the party in Indy because "Those bi**hes are stuck up",lol. Going to visit the bully rescue this weekend or next! Thanks Lori!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Birthday?

I quit celebrating my birthday about 45 years ago.I do try to remember others though as some folks seem to think it should be a big deal. I, myself, can do without it though, thank you. :rolleyes:

PS:My family members and friends are all aware that that I am more annoyed than happy with all the birthday BS, so they quit bothering me about it years ago. :)

Last edited:

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    I feel your pain. I didn't hear from any of my family on my 25th birthday. It was even more disappointing than my 24th birthday when my 2.5 year younger sister called and wished me happy 25. :( Happy Birthday GARANDGUY!!!!1

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My son and his wife always seem to suffer from amnesia when my birthday comes around. I used to get birthday cards that they would have the grandkids sign but evidently that's too much work anymore. The only day my son will celebrate is the day I die. He's constantly telling me too hurry up so he can get all my stuff.

Top Bottom