HAS YOUR FAMILY EVER FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    This is a GIFT!! Your wife forgot your B-day??? Oh man, I WISH something like this would happen. That's an instant get out of jail free card. You can pretty much so do anything you want now.
    Youre right! Its not so bad when I think of it like that. Might get that M1A after all...hmmmm, The other good thing will be when she tries to make up for it:D.

Thanks for the birthday well wishes guys!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Not on Facebook, are you garandguy? ;)

My family can't forget any of our birthday's (and I can't forget theirs) because it shows on facebook :-)

btw, my wife and kids better not forget mine tomorrow!!

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Not on Facebook, are you garandguy? ;)

My family can't forget any of our birthday's (and I can't forget theirs) because it shows on facebook :-)

btw, my wife and kids better not forget mine tomorrow!!
    Happy early birthday Hickman!
    Not on facebook anymore as it caused too much trouble with exs wanting to come take me away,lol.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Dude happy birthday come get your free puppy from my house... SERIOUSLY.
    man if it were an English bully I wouldve been there already! I cant justify another dog other than one of those. I have a full blooded white german shepherd, a lab,a ferrett (wifes), 5 lil chijuajuas (MILs),3 mini horses,a cecillian donkey,a paint,a TW,and 3 nubian goats. I wouldnt mind as theyre great looking dogs just not what im looking for but thanks anyway!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This is a GIFT!! Your wife forgot your B-day??? Oh man, I WISH something like this would happen. That's an instant get out of jail free card. You can pretty much so do anything you want now.

Oh, yeah, that's how it works -- logic, reason, fairness. Go ahead and forget Mother's Day this weekend and let us know how it works out for you. What could possibly go wrong?

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I sympathize anyway, as I mentioned in another thread on my 15th birthday my grandpa was in the hospital with leukemia and lymphoma and the golden child of the family got married. Vegas wouldn't even lay odds on it of anybody remembering, grandpa did though.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    GARANDGUY sorry to hear that about your birthday ,i thought i was the only guy that happen to. Been married 17 years and my wife has never remembered mine ,,but ohhhhhhh let me forget hers and theres hell to pay,lol. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MAN

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yeah, for 17 years. its just another day for me. i make sure i go all out for my wife and kids birthday now that I have my own family. holidays and birthdays, etc, mean a time to appreciate my new family I have (inlaws), and I treasure the fellowship more than any material gift or "words" I could ever receive. I have learned to appreciate many things in life that some take for granted.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    :xmad: Yesterday was my birthday snd I didnt even get a card or a happy birthday from anyone on my family. I didnt say anything thinking my wife was going to throw a party like she does every year. When I got home from the shop I thought my friends and family would be there... nope nobody. I know im not a kid anymore and havent been for a long time but I was like WTF. This morning when I got up my wife looked at me and said "Im sorry I forgot your birthday was yesterday because all I have been able to think about is my lil brothers wedding and this bachelorette party this Saturday." I told her oh well dont worry about it. She said "Well I will get you something next week because all my extra money has to go to Indy with me for the bachelorette party this weekend." Again WTF I guess this bachelorette party is more important. What would you do if in my situation? Im not as much mad as I am hurt about it all. Not even a happy birthday was said. Venting over.

Do what I do. I stopped celebrating the date of my birth many years ago. Im never disappointed. ;)
    Just grateful for each day I wake up.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I honestly wouldn't care if they did forget. Hookers are cheaper than relationships and I wouldn't pay for conversation.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    yup

Yeah, hit the birthday lottery. Relish it.

What do you mean I forgot to pick up timmy from practice? Our anniversary? I forgot to take out the trash again? Was I supposed to be there when the inlaws were coming over?

I would use that day to the max! But I'm an a-hole like that.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Happy Birthday!!!

I don't let anyone forget my birthday. I remind them every day starting about a month ahead. :) Not that I like getting older but I like presents!!!!!!!

I don't see people's birthdays on Facebook because I have a certain group of friends that are assigned to a group and then I have a bookmark for that page and it's the only one I want to see. When you view it that way, you don't see the list of birthdays. I'm ok with that because I'd rather not see the other crap that gets posted on there by people who aren't really my friends. :)

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    yeah, for 17 years. its just another day for me. i make sure i go all out for my wife and kids birthday now that I have my own family. holidays and birthdays, etc, mean a time to appreciate my new family I have (inlaws), and I treasure the fellowship more than any material gift or "words" I could ever receive. I have learned to appreciate many things in life that some take for granted.
    man I tried to give ya rep for the new sigline but it said I had to spread it around so I owe ya one! From now on its just another day to me too. I do have to say I am VERY thankful that my lil brother is home safe even if its on leave and only for 2 weeks! That made it all worth it and I consider that the best birthday present ever!!!!! She (the wife)just brought me lunch at work and said she was sorry. Im going to enjoy my get out of jail free card ALOT!!!!:D

Top Bottom