• ...and so much more!
  • CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    And gals, too...

Just go get a Para LDA ...or even a GLOCK for crying out loud.
    (I can't believe I said that.)

Actually, Tex Grebner from the first video up there ^ shot himself with a Kimber Pro Carry II drawn from a 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster......not a Glock.

No, he carried his Glock in a Thumbdrive. The Kimber was in a Serpa.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No, he carried his Glock in a Thumbdrive. The Kimber was in a Serpa.

You know, I thought I heard "Serpa" in an interview with someone else explaining it...so I went looking to be sure and the text I turned up said "Thumbdrive", so I figured I had them mixed up.
    Lemme see if I can find that article and I'll post it up.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    EDC is a 1911. Serpa black hawk and pistol cocked and locked. How the hell else would you carry it. As stated by others, thumb unlocks safety as pistol clears the holster unless I am just removing it for another reason and then safety stays on. Thumb is like a well trained dog. It knows what to do and when.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CC = Concealed Carry. If he was concealed, how do you know what condition he was carrying it in?

Did you mean OC (Open Carry)?

There is a third type of carry called PC carry. It falls between OC and CC and is when you don't really give a rats ass if it prints or can be seen, but are simply carrying under an un-tucked shirt or similar to make it less obvious to the mind numbed sheep that will wet themselves upon sight of a gun. Most anyone that looks, will see a gun that's being PC carried but most sheep are not smart enough to look.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The big difference between 1911 condition 0 and a Glock is the trigger pull. My 1911s have almost no travel and are relatively light. Even the best Glock triggers have a decent length pull when compared to a 1911. In my opinion, that pull is part of the safety on a Glock.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The big difference between 1911 condition 0 and a Glock is the trigger pull. My 1911s have almost no travel and are relatively light. Even the best Glock triggers have a decent length pull when compared to a 1911. In my opinion, that pull is part of the safety on a Glock.

The pull isn't much heavier and the distance is irrelevant IMO.

The point is they both still have a passive safety and trigger pull before discharging. Grip safety is depressed when you grip a 1911, Glock safety is disengaged when you pull the trigger.

Seems the same to me.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    YOU are the safety...(keep the finger out of the trigger until you're ready to shoot).

Mechanical safeties are merely for peace of mind and an extra PRECAUTION against an AD, not an ND because that simply requires ignorance/negligence which is where the "REAL" safety (YOU) failed.

I compare this to using a seatbelt (sort of). It's a precaution so long as you follow the rules.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Carry as you wish my misguided friend. I still hope you dont need to have an ND to change your mind.

:yesway: Along with what I said about the adrenaline dump, although that was not a fight or flight situation it was a senario where the person was trying to draw and fire under stress which caused a lack of fine motor control which caused him to put his finger on the trigger before he was on target which caused an ND. With a Glock no less, a 1911 has a much lighter and shorter trigger pull.

So Mr. Classic Liberal If you can do that drill 100 times in a row as fast as you can with a 1911 in your "Condition 0" and not have an ND then post the vid.

And if you have an ND and shoot yourself in the foot post the vid too please.
    It is from not following one of the four rules of firearm safety. Of all the times I have drawn my firearm from the holster to shoot a target, my finger has never curled into the trigger guard like the dumb guy in the video.

I've been through the drill, probably at least 100 times. I have also taken a couple of Gary's training classes during shooting events, all while in condition 0.

Where is the video that shows Condition 0 and how a ND occurs due to the condition, not the carelessness of the operator?

Again, people can say Condition 0 in unsafe, but there has not been evidence provided to back up the claim.
    I've been carrying like so for over 4 years and not a single ND. Perhaps I'm not doing it right. :dunno:

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    The pull isn't much heavier and the distance is irrelevant IMO.

The point is they both still have a passive safety and trigger pull before discharging. Grip safety is depressed when you grip a 1911, Glock safety is disengaged when you pull the trigger.

Seems the same to me.

Right, most also have firing pin safeties that will not disengage unless the trigger is nearly fully depressed.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    And gals, too...

Just go get a Para LDA ...or even a GLOCK for crying out loud.
    (I can't believe I said that.)

Actually, Tex Grebner from the first video up there ^ shot himself with a Kimber Pro Carry II drawn from a 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster......not a Glock.

WOW!!! Jetgirl telling someone to get a Glock!! :faint:Never thought Id see the day.

No, the first example was with a Kimber. And it was being carried condition 1.

Watch the video where Tex explains what happened.
    VIDEO: Gun Expert Shoots Himself In The Leg While Showing Off His Quick Draw - Business Insider

Also thanks to both of you for correcting me. I thought it was a Glock.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It is from not following one of the four rules of firearm safety. Of all the times I have drawn my firearm from the holster to shoot a target, my finger has never curled into the trigger guard like the dumb guy in the video.

I've been through the drill, probably at least 100 times. I have also taken a couple of Gary's training classes during shooting events, all while in condition 0.

Where is the video that shows Condition 0 and how a ND occurs due to the condition, not the carelessness of the operator?

Again, people can say Condition 0 in unsafe, but there has not been evidence provided to back up the claim.
    I've been carrying like so for over 4 years and not a single ND. Perhaps I'm not doing it right. :dunno:

Like I said carry as you wish. I dont care. I dont understand it personally nor would I ever do it but as others have said its a free country carry how ever makes you happy.

I do own and carry Glocks, 1911s, Sigs, CZs and others and yes a Glock with one in the pipe is about as close to condition 0 as I ever care to get. Although I would still argue that it is condition 1 bc of the way the Glock striker works.

I think a 1911 is a totally different animal and should be carried cocked and locked. Just IMHO which is worth exactly :twocents:.

Top Bottom