• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If I'm holstering, it will have the safety on. Once in the holster, the safety comes off. If I draw it from the holster for any reason other than to shoot it, the safety goes on first.

I think I see why your monicer is "Classic Liberal" bc nothing you are saying makes any damn sense to me.

Far be it from me to question your belief systems but dear lord man your putting yourself and others in danger of being the victim of an ND.

I hope it doesnt come to that for you to see why cocked and locked is advised.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    No, in the heat of the moment, you will fight like you train. Muscle memory is everything. Look, as much as I'd like to convince you that you're being a danger to yourself, your mind is made up. So, you go ahead and carry condition 0. I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

one more thing, take a look at this poll and consider why so many 1911 guys believe in condition one.

What "condition" do you carry your 1911 in? - The Firing Line Forums

Polls mean nothing, nor does anyone else's opinion. As you stated, we can carry as we like. I am simply pointing out that misconceptions were being stated here as fact, when they were not.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I think I see why your monicer is "Classic Liberal" bc nothing you are saying makes any damn sense to me.

Far be it from me to question your belief systems but dear lord man your putting yourself and others in danger of being the victim of an ND.

I hope it doesnt come to that for you to see why cocked and locked is advised.

Show me an example of this, please. The ND.

Where is the video that shows each condition and how they can cause ND?

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Show me an example of this, please. The ND.

Here you go.

Language warning!!

http://youtu.be/k-rGnMKszxg

http://youtu.be/rAVYFRM5Tl8

Both of these examples are with Glocks ("safe action" pistols you know ;)) but the principle is the same.

Unlocked + finger on the trigger = :ar15:

Mind you I carry a Sig most of the time that does not have any external safety but the long double action is more than enough on it. With a 1911 its different bc its SAO with an extremely light and short (atleast in the case of both my 1911s) trigger pull. In a SD senario fine motor function is out the window do to the adrenaline dump and you will more than likely not beable to control the amount of pressure you put on the trigger or even keep you finger off the trigger until your totally on target causing an ND.

Hopefully, for your sake you ND into the BG otherwise your SOL.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Here you go.

Language warning!!

http://youtu.be/k-rGnMKszxg

http://youtu.be/rAVYFRM5Tl8

Both of these examples are with Glocks ("safe action" pistols you know ;)) but the principle is the same.

Unlocked + finger on the trigger = :ar15:

Mind you I carry a Sig most of the time that does not have any external safety but the long double action is more than enough on it. With a 1911 its different bc its SAO with an extremely light and short (atleast in the case of both my 1911s) trigger pull. In a SD senario fine motor function is out the window do to the adrenaline dump and you will more than likely not beable to control the amount of pressure you put on the trigger or even keep you finger off the trigger until your totally on target causing an ND.

Hopefully, for your sake you ND into the BG otherwise your SOL.

But neither of those cases can happen by carrying in condition 0, if one follows the 4 rules of firearm safety. Both of those were due to not following them.

It is due to negligence, not the condition of carry.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    What store? Might have been me :-) My safety is always on. I don't usually open carry. But in hot weather it is hard hide under my coat...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    But neither of those cases can happen by carrying in condition 0, if one follows the 4 rules of firearm safety. Both of those were due to not following them.

It is due to negligence, not the condition of carry.

Carry as you wish my misguided friend. I still hope you dont need to have an ND to change your mind.

Actually the top video was a case of muscle memory and training.

:yesway: Along with what I said about the adrenaline dump, although that was not a fight or flight situation it was a senario where the person was trying to draw and fire under stress which caused a lack of fine motor control which caused him to put his finger on the trigger before he was on target which caused an ND. With a Glock no less, a 1911 has a much lighter and shorter trigger pull.

So Mr. Classic Liberal If you can do that drill 100 times in a row as fast as you can with a 1911 in your "Condition 0" and not have an ND then post the vid.

And if you have an ND and shoot yourself in the foot post the vid too please.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I carry my 1911 condition 1. I would not advise it to be carried in condition zero however it still has a grip safety that would need to be deactivated and your finger would be the second safety soo.....ah oh well dont carry conditon zero lol.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    :):

condition0.jpg

Be very careful doing this - or you won't HAVE a Foo Foo.... :D

It's a free country do what you like... I'm just being a wise guy.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I carry my 1911 cocked and locked as well. Muscle memory from draw automatically has my strong hand thumb sweeping the safety because it has to to be in the two thumbs foreward grip. One of the added advantages of the oversized ambi safety as opposed to the mil-spec, it provides a comfortable, repeatable position for the trigger hand thumb. :)

I would never carry without the safety engaged.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I agree with Null Synd.
    I carry that way and would bet that most 1911
    guys do as well !
    And gals, too...

If I'm holstering, it will have the safety on. Once in the holster, the safety comes off. If I draw it from the holster for any reason other than to shoot it, the safety goes on first.
    Just go get a Para LDA ...or even a GLOCK for crying out loud.
    (I can't believe I said that.)

Actually, Tex Grebner from the first video up there ^ shot himself with a Kimber Pro Carry II drawn from a 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster......not a Glock.

Top Bottom