• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    It could of have been me. I always carry a 1911 Kimber cocked and locked on my belt, along with a LCP in my front pocket. I generally try for CC but since I am husky (sounds better than fat) sometimes it is visible if I am reaching for something. I don't really care if it is OC sometimes I do OC. I was at Walmart in Avon last night, I am younger and I probably don't "look" like the person you would pick to rely on but I guarantee I would be one of your best allies if you needed help. Never judge a book by it's cover. Once you have been a victim you will always be watching your back. Sadly I know this.:draw:

Small world for coincidences, but nope. OC and CC :yesway: :D

cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    What good is a 1911 if it is not cocked and locked. If there comes a time when you need to use the gun there may not be time to chamber a round.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    What good is a 1911 if it is not cocked and locked. If there comes a time when you need to use the gun there may not be time to chamber a round.

You can have a round in the chamber without the hammer being back. I know, I know, releasing the hammer down is a bit more difficult on a 1911, unlike many of the pistols with a decock. :)

TJJ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    So we're strolling around a grocery store tonight, and saw a man CC'ing, which wasn't unusual, until I looked closer.

He was carrying a 1911 .45, and I could have swore the hammer was back on the gun.

Huh!!?? :dunno:

I carry a 1911 on a daily basis.... cocked, locked, and ready to rock. Same as when I am carrying a Browning HP.

It is how they were John Moses Browning designed them to be carried.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Do NOT do this! Hammer down on one in the chamber of a 1911 is the most UNsmartest UNsafe way to carry!

How so? Any Colt built after 1983 were made with firing pin blocks that will not allow the firing pin to travel forward, unless the trigger is depressed. How is that any more unsafe than condition 0?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    How so? Any Colt built after 1983 were made with firing pin blocks that will not allow the firing pin to travel forward, unless the trigger is depressed. How is that any more unsafe than condition 0?

Also a 1911 has an inertia firing pin and it won't contact a live primer even when the hammer is down. I regularly let down the hammer on a CZ75 clone when I used it for competition and never had an issue. I have noticed that my Kimber is only slightly more difficult to lower. Never slipped with it either.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You're right...to each their own and go for it, babe. You won't catch ME carrying a 1911 like that though. Personal preference and all... so... Have at it.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central

That's a Colt, there are other 1911's WITHOUT FPS and they WILL go Boom in condition 2, unexpectedly.........

for the record.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    So we're strolling around a grocery store tonight, and saw a man CC'ing, which wasn't unusual, until I looked closer.

He was carrying a 1911 .45, and I could have swore the hammer was back on the gun.

Huh!!?? :dunno:

I'm not going through 11 pages to find out. Has someone already asked how you knew any of this if the guy was "CC'ing?"

Top Bottom