• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Prior to July '11 it was illegal stupid as it may be.

Ok then I stand corrected. my bad. I always thought as long as it was unloaded and in a case not accessible you were fine... But then again i've had my license since I got out of the Army...

And I found the source...wow....
    February 18, 2011
    Senate Bill 506, introduced by state Senator Jim Tomes (R-49), would make important reforms to the current, onerous “transport permit” requirement on lawful Hoosier gun owners and travelers in Indiana. It is currently illegal to transport a handgun in your vehicle for any reason unless you are driving from the point of purchase to your home or fixed place of business, or from your home or fixed place of business to a gunsmith for repair, unless you have some form of state-issued permit.

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I wouldn't have called it in. As far as I'm concerned every free person has the right to keep and bear arms. Even that guy.

Exactly.

Clearly the OP didn't take a liking to this person or the thought of ruining this man's life (or his ability to legally bear arms) wouldn't never have crossed his mind. If he wasn't a dirty, stinking man, but a hot chick lifting up her shirt, I can almost guarantee that the topic of this post would be different. If that doesn't do it for you, if the man were his brother, he wouldn't have called the cops either.

Come on people... It's called compassion.

And we all get bent out of shape when a person exercising their right to open carry gets a MWAG called on him.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok then I stand corrected. my bad. I always thought as long as it was unloaded and in a case not accessible you were fine... But then again i've had my license since I got out of the Army...

And I found the source...wow....
    February 18, 2011
    Senate Bill 506, introduced by state Senator Jim Tomes (R-49), would make important reforms to the current, onerous “transport permit” requirement on lawful Hoosier gun owners and travelers in Indiana. It is currently illegal to transport a handgun in your vehicle for any reason unless you are driving from the point of purchase to your home or fixed place of business, or from your home or fixed place of business to a gunsmith for repair, unless you have some form of state-issued permit.

Common misconception. Congrats on finding the source.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not carrying a slip of pink paper makes you a walking time bomb that will get an innocent person killed? You'll have to fill me in on that one...

And sure, Indiana is about as easy as it gets, other than places that don't require a permission slip at all and still turn out safer than us. (Vermont, for instance)
    This is what I said, "If he is not smart enough to KNOW he needs a LTCH in Indiana, he's a walking time bomb that will get an innocent person killed."

OK (my example...not the OP's story), guy carries gun and when asked, he had no idea he needed a LTCH. Now, if said person is SO ignorant of the most basic legal requirements that the same person will actually know when to point and fire his pistol? Not likely. Hell, I get my share of LTCH holders that point their pistols as person's they had no legal right to or firing in the air indiscriminately.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    security-bus-side-copy.jpg

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I would have engaged in further conversation. Asked him if he does not have a LTCH why he has not gotten one yet. Explained the benefits of a lifetime permit. How many here would have not been concerned if he said he was denied??? Would you have asked why? Would you feel guilty later if you seen his picture on the news?
    Sometimes there is a feeling you get off talking to someone that makes you suspicious. I would not have called the LEOS just because he had a gun and was dirty but would if something else made me wary.
    Alot of INGOers see no reason for denying someone a gun but will insist on a FTF sale and ask to see a LTCH. Is that a double standard???

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    My concern is when someone says it is his "duty" to report it when he sees someone breaking the law. That is some scary stuff right there. One of the ways that totalitarian governments keep their grip is by having citizens report each other. The KGB, Stazi and Gestapo all used those tactics. I am sure the same thing goes on in North Korea, China, et al. WOW! Welcome to Amerika.

See Something, Say Something from Starship Troopers and our current government

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Geez, had I known it would cause THIS much trouble I never would have shown him my gun at all! I was just trying to be friendly to a fellow gun owner by showing him the tool in the front of my pants!

Purple broken.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I called the cops. Greene county Sheriff's dept. I told them that someone on the internets saw a guy in speedway with a handgun and noone knows if the has a permit or not.

They were all like Lol, Wut?

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    This thread is full of fail.

I am shocked that anyone would call this in at all. This is no differant than the sheeple calling in a MWAG call just because they see somoene open carrying.

I am ashamed of a few members on this board now.

i agree and since when do we have representatives out there?

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Screw you! Who are you to say who can and can not defend there self? What if i get a few people to say we dont like the things your doing and take away your right. And asking for a right from the state is saying that its not a right. Don't need the State to grant you your rights.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Maybe he had a license but was an idiot. Personally though I look kinda trashy myself sometimes when I'm carrying. But that is usually because I just got off work or I'm getting ready to go in ( work in a welding type environment. )

Top Bottom