• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Then why don't you call it in right now? Do it hero. Give the cops the description of this dirtbag before he hurts somebody.

It's not for you to decide who represents free men and gun owners.

Let me guess, You: dress in Versace', Polo, and or Tommy Hillfeger. Wear a Rolex. Drive shiney F150. You're good. Stay classy.

You don't represent me. You do represent something though. We don't live in caste system.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, but if you see a shady character breaking into a car do you ALWAYS assume they locked their keys in and help them out?

If this guy is carrying without a license, he is breaking the law and you have a duty to report him. That doesn't mean dialing 911 and causing a scene, though. Note that this is assuming you are REASONABLY CERTAIN that he does not have a license (i.e. wasn't joking with you about not having one).

FYI I would personally escalate the conversation and inform the man that he is breaking the law if he doesn't have a license. If he genuinely didn't understand the fact I might cut him some slack.

As someone who does obey the law and hold a license I have EVERY RIGHT to decide that I don't want some hooligan without a license to blow a hole in his foot at a daycare and get more restrictions shoved down my throat by the anti-gun nuts who WILL group him with all gun owners.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Sure, call the cops when you have no clue he was doing anything illegal. Perhaps he was saying "lol what" bc he thought it ludicrous you would even ask such a question. How is it any different than the other customers calling in on you for carrying?

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Wait, wait, wait...

Although your gut instinct is usually right... and this guy probably was carrying without a license... you guys don't like normal (stupid) citizens calling you in because you are carrying a gun.

If you were carrying (with your LTCH) and were stopped by police because concerned citizens (AKA - Sheep) called you in... most of you would be annoyed... maybe even upset.

With this logic... I'll start calling in all of the OC guys I see.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Wait, wait, wait...

Although your gut instinct is usually right... and this guy probably was carrying without a license... you guys don't like normal (stupid) citizens calling you in because you are carrying a gun.

If you were carrying (with your LTCH) and were stopped by police because concerned citizens (AKA - Sheep) called you in... most of you would be annoyed... maybe even upset.

With this logic... I'll start calling in all of the OC guys I see.

I'd be willing to bet that law enforcement would take a "MWAG-WL" report far more seriously than a simple MWAG. You don't know that this guy has no license because the state won't give him one. Do you think this guy would get away without being detained if he showed an off-duty officer his gun and laughed at the license question?

I'm in the "If I have to pay for it, so do you" camp. Even though I believe we should need no license I'm not going to let someone break the law and get away with it.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'd be willing to bet that law enforcement would take a "MWAG-WL" report far more seriously than a simple MWAG. You don't know that this guy has no license because the state won't give him one. Do you think this guy would get away without being detained if he showed an off-duty officer his gun and laughed at the license question?

I'm in the "If I have to pay for it, so do you" camp. Even though I believe we should need no license I'm not going to let someone break the law and get away with it.

:yesway::yesway:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    A lot of people who own guns do not know the laws and occasionally carry without the proper LTCH. This guy was probably ignorant as described by he OP. I was not there but I would suggest that this might be an opportunity to talk to the guy about getting legal with a LTCH and learning from INGO. He might appreciate/follow the advice and get on the right track saving him major problems in the future. Responsible gun owners should promote such responsibility.

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana

Who is 100% sure this guy doesn't have a license? He has 0 (that's Zero) legal obligation to show you (unless you are a LEO) his LTCH.

With all of that being said... I still maintain that it sounds like this guy was as illegal as they come (just not sure I'd call him in). If he "brandished and/or pointed" then I absolutely would call.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Man all this hate on my strapped up lil buddy. Dont call in the mwag call on him till he gets done polishing my versace rims on my f-onefitty.:) I never knew shiney trucks are so important to our fashion being :)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I wouldn't have called it in. As far as I'm concerned every free person has the right to keep and bear arms. Even that guy.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    Then why don't you call it in right now? Do it hero. Give the cops the description of this dirtbag before he hurts somebody.

It's not for you to decide who represents free men and gun owners.

Let me guess, You: dress in Versace', Polo, and or Tommy Hillfeger. Wear a Rolex. Drive shiney F150. You're good. Stay classy.

You don't represent me. You do represent something though. We don't live in caste system.

Rep'd.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Great philosophy, if I do not have a right to bear arms I am sure gonna make sure someone else is paying for their privilege to bear arms as well, even if I do not know if they are breaking the law.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    This thread is full of fail.

I am shocked that anyone would call this in at all. This is no differant than the sheeple calling in a MWAG call just because they see somoene open carrying.

I am ashamed of a few members on this board now.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    I wouldn't have called it in. As far as I'm concerned every free person has the right to keep and bear arms. Even that guy.

I agree absolutely. All free men have the right to keep and bear arms inherently, they do not need licensing. Most people here would agree that our LTCH is unconstitutional, but if someone isn't 'paying to play,' they turn right back into those the MWAG-phoning sheeple. Remember, we are still assuming he was not licensed...I'm not even worried about the fact that he wasn't using a holster. Maybe he doesn't carry chambered? Maybe he was using a Remora style holster; I use a Desantis Nemesis AIWB and you can't see the holster or any clips at all (it looks like Mexican carry.) Maybe he was trolling you because he's one of those anti-OC guys.

I don't go around flashing my CC, but even if he was unlicensed, I say more power to him. "That which is not just, is not law."

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    no call, we all are suposed to have the right to bear arms. no matter how we look. if u were so worried about him u could have watched to see if he did something phone ready to call 911.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Great philosophy, if I do not have a right to bear arms I am sure gonna make sure someone else is paying for their privilege to bear arms as well, even if I do not know if they are breaking the law.

? When did I say I didn't have a right to bear arms? In case you missed my earlier post in the discussion, I would only report the guy after having informed him that he is breaking the law without a license. If he then doesn't clear things up, I'm reporting him on a non emergency line.

It isn't like I initiated the conversation (in this situation). A "none of your business" or "sure" response would end my involvement. I would personally never have asked about the license, as it is none of my business. But assuming it came up and was in question as in the OP's case, then it is my business.

On another note, I do wonder what made the OP ask about the license in the first place...

Top Bottom