• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    so when do the "HE-MAN woman haters club" patches come in? when will boys ever learn that women hold us by the balls no matter what age they are? dont **** with the girl scouts, they will **** your **** up!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm curious what their local Council has to say about it. In Indiana, where girls put their cookie booths is very regulated, and selling outside those guidelines (ie: near a street corner, as this video implies) could potentially cost the girls their incentives and troop profits.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In Indiana, where girls put their cookie booths is very regulated

I bought a box of thin mints from three girls scouts dressed as cookies and someone's dad towing a wagon down the street last Saturday in downtown Lafayette. Maybe it is harder to hit a moving target?:D

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    When a law is going to be enforced on anyone, it must be enforced on everyone. I agree that it's unfortunate in this situation but, like I was explaining to my wife last night, it is very similar to protecting rights as stated in the Constitution. I will defend someone's right to speak their mind even if I disagree with them because failing to defend them makes my rights go away also. If this was some ex-con selling magazines, no one would have a complaint and would want the police to stop them.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    It is quickly approaching the point where the kid who mows lawns will have to file for environmental impact statements for operating a mower and compliance with sunshine laws if he leaves the grass too high. Our system is based on capitalism and hard work. Going after kids for selling cookies and lemonade stands undermines any work ethic they could develop. That's the fastest way for them to say the hell with it, I quit.

Tar and feathers are appropriate for the evil regulators...

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I would have fined them in cookies! They broke the local ordinance, so hand me the cookies!!! I finished off my dos si does while watching that video, now I'm sad (I'm also out of tag a longs). But I've still got thin mints, and my dealer has 3 more boxes for me, just got to get them on Monday. Not sure if I can make it the whole weekend without searching for other dealers.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would have fined them in cookies! They broke the local ordinance, so hand me the cookies!!! I finished off my dos si does while watching that video, now I'm sad (I'm also out of tag a longs). But I've still got thin mints, and my dealer has 3 more boxes for me, just got to get them on Monday. Not sure if I can make it the whole weekend without searching for other dealers.
    Step back and look at what your doing to yourself brother, step back and look!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now I'm heading out to roam the streets looking for Tag a longs.:(

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    God Almighty...in my day we had something called "officer discretion."

In a nutshell, it meant, "if enforcing the law in this scenario would be a really, stupid, ineffective, counter-productive, thing to do, then DON'T F**CKING DO IT!!!"

I remember one day driving down a suburban street in my district and finding a lemonade stand on the side of the road. I pulled up and got out.

I didn't shut them down, I didn't ask for a permit ( I didn't know if they needed one and I didn't give a damn if they did), I didn't tell they were too close to the road, I didn't inspect their operation for health violations.

I gave them $5 for a cup of lemonade and told them to keep the change. A couple of moms came out and were thrilled to find their kids in friendly conversation with a flatfoot.

Somewhere in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Cincinnati there are several picture albums that contain photographs, taken by some pretty soccer moms, of some smiling kids crowded around an extremely handsome and dashing police lieutenant who is holding a cup of lemonade in his hand.

I'll put it to the readership here...which group of kids had the most positive experience with their local police, the ones in Cincinnati, or the ones from the video in Georgia?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Liberty - sir - you're just not preparing kids for the real world that they are walking into. They might be (gasp) inclined to start a business someday - and (double gasp) they might have a favorable opinion of the police.... we CAN'T have that... what are they gonna say when the unions/guilds/government start demanding licenses and paperwork at every turn? That lemonade could be rat poison for all you know! You need the GOVERNMENT to license it and protect you. We CAN'T allow you to exercise JUDGMENT. You might screw up! What the hell are you thinking sir? You should have proned them out.... Ausweiss bitte!

Besides these girls are dealing crack pure and simple... they've even tricked my wife into getting some for me. It's a gateway drug, I tell you! Where did I put those damn Samoas....

And if anyone can't tell where the sarcasm is in the above rant... step away from the keyboard, go grab some thin mints from the local dealer err... Girl Scout. And get a life... :D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    God Almighty...in my day we had something called "officer discretion."

Many, many times on this site I've read LEOs arguing against officer discretion. It's the law, they have to enforce it, period. It's the fault of the guys in suits who pass the stupid laws. If we don't like the law, we should get it changed.

Just sayin'. If I've read the above argument on here once, I've read it a hundred times.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I frankly quite enjoyed buying a box of GS Brand Legalized Crack as I entered AND exiting the Valpo Gun show last weekend. (Those were MINE.... all MINE... me Precious....(gollum...)

Even shared some of them with others while we waited in that godawful line for 45 minutes... (is that considered DEALING, if they didnt pay for them, but just let me cut in line?)

You gotta know, if you aren't going to "get it at home" (Restricted diet...), you have to get it on a street corner from a Girl Scout !!! :)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    This may seem like an innocent transaction to many of you, but thin mints have been shown to lead to more dangerous snack food consumption. The proceeds from this type of deal almost always end up in the hands of cartels and terrorists down the line.
    images

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Liberty - sir - you're just not preparing kids for the real world that they are walking into. They might be (gasp) inclined to start a business someday - and (double gasp) they might have a favorable opinion of the police.... we CAN'T have that... what are they gonna say when the unions/guilds/government start demanding licenses and paperwork at every turn? That lemonade could be rat poison for all you know! You need the GOVERNMENT to license it and protect you. We CAN'T allow you to exercise JUDGMENT. You might screw up! What the hell are you thinking sir? You should have proned them out.... Ausweiss bitte!

Besides these girls are dealing crack pure and simple... they've even tricked my wife into getting some for me. It's a gateway drug, I tell you! Where did I put those damn Samoas....

And if anyone can't tell where the sarcasm is in the above rant... step away from the keyboard, go grab some thin mints from the local dealer err... Girl Scout. And get a life... :D

As we used to say back at ol' St. James School, "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa." :D

Top Bottom