Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think they are all butthurt that America is not nearly as overtly racist as they have in their own minds. They try and try and try to show us all how bad things are. But cant. Why? Because they arent really that bad.

Are there racists? Absolutely. Is it as bad as they like to claim, with crosses being burned every night and lynchings every weekend? ABSOLUTELY NOT. And when they cant show how bad it is (because it isnt) They have to either reach for it (sometimes a cigar is just a cigar) or manufacture something for us all to see.

The world they believe exists is a world where two white men would assault a gay black man in the wee hours of the morning in 9 degree weather in downtown Chicago, and dare to declare that it’s MAGA country. In reality, the world we actually live in is one where someone would pay two Nigerians to fabricate it, AND also one where half the nation would believe it’s true.

And it gets even more absurd. Well, Idunno. It’s hard to beat the first one. But we don’t live in a world where someone on a black NASCAR driver’s race team left a noose in the garage stall to send a message of hate. We live in a world where at best, people see a simple knot and assume the absolute worst interpretation of its purpose, without any evidence, when there were many other more likely explanations.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe, but I've been walking around in a crowd and heard the N-word thrown out and didn't say a word at the time. Nor did I hear anyone else call it out. Most folks I saw just wanted to keep moving. I wasn't at a NASCAR race though. Maybe NASCAR fans are different.

Exactly! I’ve been to a lot of NASCAR races through the years. I’ve never heard any racist remarks. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I’m willing to bet majority of NASCAR fans would call them out for it.

If you see racism in everything you do, maybe you’re the racist? Like that jackass don lemon. Everything he talks about is race. People are making a career off of it, they WANT there to be racism so they continue getting paid. When there isn’t, make it up and run with it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The world they believe exists is a world where two white men would assault a gay black man in the wee hours of the morning in 9 degree weather in downtown Chicago, and dare to declare that it’s MAGA country. In reality, the world we actually live in is one where someone would pay two Nigerians to fabricate it, AND also one where half the nation would believe it’s true.

And it gets even more absurd. Well, Idunno. It’s hard to beat the first one. But we don’t live in a world where someone on a black NASCAR driver’s race team left a noose in the garage stall to send a message of hate. We live in a world where at best, people see a simple knot and assume the absolute worst interpretation of its purpose, without any evidence, when there were many other more likely explanations.
    2020 just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Add to that the weirdness seems exponential.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I think his failure was venue. Are there even two redneck MAGA hat wearing guys in Chicago at all?

If he had pulled the stunt in the south while filming it would have been more plausible. A story of "I was in a strip club minding my own business when two nuns came up and stole my wallet." is probably more realistic than his story.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe, but I've been walking around in a crowd and heard the N-word thrown out and didn't say a word at the time. Nor did I hear anyone else call it out. Most folks I saw just wanted to keep moving. I wasn't at a NASCAR race though. Maybe NASCAR fans are different.

Silence is violence. You should be canceled. It's all your fault. Why didn't you punch the Nazi?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

And here I was thinking peak absurdity was watching cars drive in a circle for multiple hours.

Not even different or interesting cars, but effectively the same car with a different paint job.

The last racing that's interesting is watching manufacturers keep trying to 1 up each other on nurburgring lap times.
    [video=youtube;gstswCsTvRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gstswCsTvRQ[/video]

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And here I was thinking peak absurdity was watching cars drive in a circle for multiple hours.

Not even different or interesting cars, but effectively the same car with a different paint job.

The last racing that's interesting is watching manufacturers keep trying to 1 up each other on nurburgring lap times.
    [video=youtube;gstswCsTvRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gstswCsTvRQ[/video]
    Yeah, circles are boring. Road courses are where it's at. I teach it and I drive them for fun/work. Love it. F1 is also fascinating. The engineering behind the scenes, the power of the cars, and the skills of the drivers all are very interesting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honestly I don't have the attention span for that either. After a while even that becomes as mind numbingly dull as Soccer. About the only kind of racing that suits my ADD is drag racing. Short races. Different cars every time. Only two competitors at a time to keep track of. Each race, one winner. One loser.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Honestly I don't have the attention span for that either. After a while even that becomes as mind numbingly dull as Soccer. About the only kind of racing that suits my ADD is drag racing. Short races. Different cars every time. Only two competitors at a time to keep track of. Each race, one winner. One loser.

I share your opinion there, but for different reasons, and likely in different scenarios. Drag racing on TV (regular TV, like ESPN) bores the hell out of me. 5 minutes of commercials and blah-blah-blah from announcers for 4 seconds of racing, then wait another 5 minutes. No thanks.

Now... In reality as a person on the scene, drag racing is ultra entertaining as a spectator. There is something exciting going on virtually every minute the track is running (so... if there's a clean up or they're organizing data for the next round it can get boring). The real problem I have with it is its usually hard to catch everything as there's too much going on. You leave the stands for 10 minutes for whatever reason and you can miss an entire class.

I'll also add that drag racing probably has the lowest barrier to entry to go from spectator to participant of any form of motorsport (this is also why it's the most dangerous motorsport... for your wallet: "the first ones free"). Generally speaking, it takes $50 and whatever car you showed up in to go make a couple of passes and have fun. Most cars that regular people drive won't even require a helmet to race.

Soooo far off topic here. ;)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Meh. Cars are boring. The best racing is motorcycles... and not that road crap. AMA Flattrack is pretty awesome if you like left turns, but then there is rally racing and that's the ****.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I can’t watch cars go racing. Put me IN the car and that’s another story. I’ll spend metric crap tons of money on ****ty cars to do that because I’m stupid

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And I will readily admit there are PLENTY of closet racists like my late grandma. At home she would say the worst things about "them coloreds". Yet out in public she would treat EVERYONE with respect. I'm sure there are plenty of those left. But those are a far cry from what they think are out there.

honestly does it even matter? If they treat people with equal respect in public does it really matter what they think or say at home? Because if it does every customer facing employee everywhere is just as bad.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    In a different situation, 4 people, two guys in an apartment building hallway, one called my girlfriend at the time a N******, I took down one, she took down the other. I had to pull her off because the ground and pound was bloodying his face a little too much and we had all ended up in their apartment damaging stuff.

However, in a crowd, this silent majority that everyone talks about rising up....doesn't rise up....found that out too. That's why I don't believe in a reality where the silent majority actually does something. I will wait till they prove me wrong, been waiting awhile. Until then, the silent majority is VERY loud on the internet. Not doing much IRL. Your experience may vary.

Older, wiser.

Silence is violence. You should be canceled. It's all your fault. Why didn't you punch the Nazi?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Might I recommend the Festival of Speed?

Some wild cars of all eras running up a hill.
    [video=youtube;cKoIPEhF7sQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKoIPEhF7sQ[/video]

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Theyre all upset because theyve lied to themselves.
    For generations.
    And their culture wont allow them accept the truth.

It aint gonna change either.

Some folks have it figured out. Some folks never bought in to the BS.

But the majority believe the lies and perpetuate it.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    In a different situation, 4 people, two guys in an apartment building hallway, one called my girlfriend at the time a N******, I took down one, she took down the other. I had to pull her off because the ground and pound was bloodying his face a little too much and we had all ended up in their apartment damaging stuff.

However, in a crowd, this silent majority that everyone talks about rising up....doesn't rise up....found that out too. That's why I don't believe in a reality where the silent majority actually does something. I will wait till they prove me wrong, been waiting awhile. Until then, the silent majority is VERY loud on the internet. Not doing much IRL. Your experience may vary.

Older, wiser.

Enter the question that has long haunted me: How is physical violence a justified response to a word? I worked at the Indy Foundry when it was running. When I hired in I was told that I'd hear all kind of language. I was actualy told that I could say what ever I wanted, but touching was not allowed. Why do people think it is OK to touch another person because of what they said? If someone calls me a name or talks bad about me, I may defend myself with words, or I may just ignore the person. Now if someone physically attacks me, I will most likely end their attack and ability to continue. Is a word worth dieing over?

Please, don't think I am for saying offensive things. That is mean and indicative of a small man. I do believe I have as much right to the use of any word in the dictionary as the next man. I personally rise above using some words, and find childish amusement in others. Back to my first question, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom