• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Meanwhile, Wisconsin State Senator gets an explanation as to what "mostly peaceful" protesting is about:

Wisconsin Protests: Statues Torn Down, State Senator Hospitalized After Chaotic Night In Madison
    The term of art in this article is "chaotic." Ok then.

There is a copy of the video he took in the article but I could not get it to play, so here it is in a Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/TimCarpenterMKE/status/1275716467007328258

Bonus pic of him laid out in the bushes.

In other news, the INGO post editor is really lame, especially when handling links. grr.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Meanwhile, Wisconsin State Senator gets an explanation as to what "mostly peaceful" protesting is about:

Wisconsin Protests: Statues Torn Down, State Senator Hospitalized After Chaotic Night In Madison
    The term of art in this article is "chaotic." Ok then.

There is a copy of the video he took in the article but I could not get it to play, so here it is in a Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/TimCarpenterMKE/status/1275716467007328258

Bonus pic of him laid out in the bushes.

In other news, the INGO post editor is really lame, especially when handling links. grr.

Where I stopped reading in the article:

...the assault of a Democratic state senator

Sounds good. You planted it, you harvest it. Democracy at work! :yesway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In fairness to Bubba Wallace, whatever he said in the past, I think his interview on ESPN kinda sets the record straight a bit more. In it, he said that he understands that the rope was just a tool. Not a hate device. I think that he still wanted to know why anyone would fashion a noose as a tool. And buddy, maybe someone should send you a knot book so you might discover all the many different types and uses for knots featuring loops. There’s only one intended for hanging people. And I doubt this knot was one of those.

Anyway, in the ESPN interview he said he’s most frustrated with the people who are claiming he faked this. That he intentionally misrepresented this as a noose. He said he’s never actually seen this rope, just photos. NASCAR officials notified him about it, nit the other way around.

The stupidity and finger pointing burns.

Someone needs to put on their big boy pants, step up to the mic, and say, "Yeah, I was dumb and overreacted."

I've never heard of Bubba Wallace before this, but it sure seems like any credibility he had is now in the toilet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In fairness to Bubba Wallace, whatever he said in the past, I think his interview on ESPN kinda sets the record straight a bit more. In it, he said that he understands that the rope was just a tool. Not a hate device. I think that he still wanted to know why anyone would fashion a noose as a tool. And buddy, maybe someone should send you a knot book so you might discover all the many different types and uses for knots featuring loops. There’s only one intended for hanging people. And I doubt this knot was one of those.

Anyway, in the ESPN interview he said he’s most frustrated with the people who are claiming he faked this. That he intentionally misrepresented this as a noose. He said he’s never actually seen this rope, just photos. NASCAR officials notified him about it, nit the other way around.

Of course he is gonna talk about the rumor he made it up like Smollett. Its to distract from the fact he and his team are all morons that dont know the difference between an actual noose hung somewhere random and a pull cord loop in a functional location with a legit purpose.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I gotcha. You're basically taking the approach that I've heard Ben Shapiro take, which in a nutshell is that there are plenty of racist people, but virtually no one in America cares enough about anyone to do anything either for or against them, and if they do we have laws for that, so it basically doesn't matter.

I agree that you should be able to think what ever crazy thing you'd like, but when you act on it is when there's a problem and we already have a system to deal with that.

Adding to that, there may very well be one form a systemic racism that exists that targets black people, but it isn't coming from overt racists either.

It's coming from policy decisions targeted at aiding the black community that manipulates the family structure into dissolving, which statistically is almost certain to destroy an individual's chance of being successful in life. But in the end this policy isn't racially based, it's class based.
    When the welfare system is specifically engineered to disincentivize lifestyle choices that lead to success, it's going to start causing massive social decay and generational poverty. Meanwhile the people being destroyed by this system will never be able to accurately point to why they're failing, because they'll be unable to see that the hand that feeds them is actually the hand that is oppressing them.

But like I said, this isn't really a race issue, it's a class issue. It destroys white families just as much as it destroys black families.

And if I can put a tin foil hat on for a moment, I believe that system is engineered specifically to create Stockholm syndrome for the purpose of votes.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Its to distract from the fact he and his team are all morons that dont know the difference between an actual noose hung somewhere random and a pull cord loop in a functional location with a legit purpose.

I don't believe that's accurate. The distraction is that he used the color of his skin, combined with American cities burning, to attempt to advance his career in a blatantly dishonest way. NASCAR was pretty happy to jump on that bandwagon as well to boost their ever declining presence.

That's why the only way out of this, IMO, is just a simple "I was wrong, sorry." because anything deeper into the truth makes it sound a lot worse. That's why it's insulting as hell that he can't even manage to do that much.

Everybody remember Kyle Larson being fired for using racist language less than 2 months ago? He was able to somehow manage the effort to apologize and he's already racing again. What he did was wrong, he admitted it, and the road to redemption has been paved. That's all Bubba would have to do here...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/05/kyle-larson-nascar-outlaws-sprint-car-fired-slur

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ummm... He's talking about things he didn't actually see as if they were facts and using his public platform to garner support for those "facts" (expressly by playing on people's emotions). That is intentional misrepresentation IMO.

He could fix this all pretty easily. "I was wrong and I'm sorry" would pretty much cover it. But nooooooo. So, F that guy.

In the CNN interview he said there was "photo evidence" of the noose, and that he hoped that NASCAR would release it. In his interview with Don "I'm an activist, not a journalist" Lemon last night, Wallace said "it was a straight up noose."

I dunno. Maybe someone was messing around last year and decided to put up hangman's nooses on all the garage doors. OR! Since any kind of slip knot is not ideal for the loop on a garage door pull, perhaps a fisherman said, hey, I have a better knot for that. I mentioned the Kreh loop knot. Alpo mentioned The bimini knot (I never was good at tying those). Both are examples of non-slip knots that might look like a noose to people who've never tied knots.

So while Wallace did acknowledge it was just a tool, I think he still wants to believe that whoever tied that knot was a racist. I'd like to make a request of the world that shouldn't be too difficult to grant. Before you assume something is a racist's hate crime maybe try to look for the more likely cause? And as part of that, if it's in an area of expertise you lack, uh, maybe ask someone who knows about stuff before you assume stuff is straight up racism. It's a ****ing knot! And it has WAY more practical uses, every day, by people of all races, than for hate crimes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Of course he is gonna talk about the rumor he made it up like Smollett. Its to distract from the fact he and his team are all morons that dont know the difference between an actual noose hung somewhere random and a pull cord loop in a functional location with a legit purpose.

Bubba still waiting on tires from Goodyear.

646d79d779a6df74b68a37a40f00776f.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Since he never saw it, then why the **** was he so quick to jump on the "It's a NOOSE!" bandwagon. I'm not buying his apology or his frustration. He saw an opportunity and jumped at it. Sorry Bubba. Bye Felicia.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm only now realizing that BLM sponsored his car... As such, this was obvious BS from the beginning. Why is anyone sane even talking about this as if it were real?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

**** him. He went on don lemon last night continuing to push his bs. He sure jumped to the conclusion that NASCAR is full of racist fans and potentially some officials or team members are also. He insulted the fans that view his product, and buy tickets to view his product in person. Today he’s playing damage control, but he’s already let the cat out the bag as to his true beliefs on the fan base.

My opinion. Like kaepernick, he knew he sucks at his job and was likely to be out of a ride soon. By doing this it has given him a scapegoat to blame if he lost his ride. Now petty can’t get rid of the only black driver without being labeled racist.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The Irish slave trade began when 30,000 Irish prisoners were sold as slaves to the New World. The King James I Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.
    Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.
    From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.
    During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.
    Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.
    As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.
    African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African. The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master’s free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.
    In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women (in many cases, girls as young as 12) to increase their market share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls with African men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new “mulatto” slaves brought a higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather than purchase new African slaves. This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.
    England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat.
    There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did. There is, also, very little question that those brown, tanned faces you witness in your travels to the West Indies are very likely a combination of African and Irish ancestry. In 1839, Britain finally decided on its own to end its participation in Satan’s highway to hell and stopped transporting slaves. While their decision did not stop pirates from doing what they desired, the new law slowly concluded THIS chapter of nightmarish Irish misery.
    But, if anyone, black or white, believes that slavery was only an African experience, then they’ve got it completely wrong.
    Irish slavery is a subject worth remembering, not erasing from our memories.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Irish slave trade began when 30,000 Irish prisoners were sold as slaves to the New World. The King James I Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.
    Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.
    From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.
    During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.
    Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.
    As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.
    African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African. The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master’s free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.
    In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women (in many cases, girls as young as 12) to increase their market share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls with African men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new “mulatto” slaves brought a higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather than purchase new African slaves. This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.
    England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat.
    There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did. There is, also, very little question that those brown, tanned faces you witness in your travels to the West Indies are very likely a combination of African and Irish ancestry. In 1839, Britain finally decided on its own to end its participation in Satan’s highway to hell and stopped transporting slaves. While their decision did not stop pirates from doing what they desired, the new law slowly concluded THIS chapter of nightmarish Irish misery.
    But, if anyone, black or white, believes that slavery was only an African experience, then they’ve got it completely wrong.
    Irish slavery is a subject worth remembering, not erasing from our memories.
    Certainly worth posting that. If you were on a mainstream platform, Democrats would cancel you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    These urban wokescolds have no idea what it takes to live outside of their urban enclaves, where everything is provided for them. However, this does not, for even one second, stop them from telling others how they should live.

Such as their ideas about energy, just to pick one. They believe if we just build and install enough solar panels and windmills, we can entirely dispense with fossil fuels and nuclear. They are truly clueless.

Now they want to tell us how to think, too. They really have no idea of what they are doing, but are certainly assured of their correctness.

[video=youtube_share;SeoBAI9b_sk]https://youtu.be/SeoBAI9b_sk[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    **** him. He went on don lemon last night continuing to push his bs. He sure jumped to the conclusion that NASCAR is full of racist fans and potentially some officials or team members are also. He insulted the fans that view his product, and buy tickets to view his product in person. Today he’s playing damage control, but he’s already let the cat out the bag as to his true beliefs on the fan base.

My opinion. Like kaepernick, he knew he sucks at his job and was likely to be out of a ride soon. By doing this it has given him a scapegoat to blame if he lost his ride. Now petty can’t get rid of the only black driver without being labeled racist.

I think they are all butthurt that America is not nearly as overtly racist as they have in their own minds. They try and try and try to show us all how bad things are. But cant. Why? Because they arent really that bad.

Are there racists? Absolutely. Is it as bad as they like to claim, with crosses being burned every night and lynchings every weekend? ABSOLUTELY NOT. And when they cant show how bad it is (because it isnt) They have to either reach for it (sometimes a cigar is just a cigar) or manufacture something for us all to see.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think they are all butthurt that America is not nearly as overtly racist as they have in their own minds. They try and try and try to show us all how bad things are. But cant. Why? Because they arent really that bad.

Are there racists? Absolutely. Is it as bad as they like to claim, with crosses being burned every night and lynchings every weekend? ABSOLUTELY NOT. And when they cant show how bad it is (because it isnt) They have to either reach for it (sometimes a cigar is just a cigar) or manufacture something for us all to see.

Exactly! I’ve been to a lot of NASCAR races through the years. I’ve never heard any racist remarks. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I’m willing to bet majority of NASCAR fans would call them out for it.

If you see racism in everything you do, maybe you’re the racist? Like that jackass don lemon. Everything he talks about is race. People are making a career off of it, they WANT there to be racism so they continue getting paid. When there isn’t, make it up and run with it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I will readily admit there are PLENTY of closet racists like my late grandma. At home she would say the worst things about "them coloreds". Yet out in public she would treat EVERYONE with respect. I'm sure there are plenty of those left. But those are a far cry from what they think are out there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom