Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I urge everyone to watch this and then think of a name for the situation where "security firms" develop a dominance in a certain geographical area...to the point of monopoly.

I don’t think we even need to get that far. This is like a mental model of the world where the model mostly functions from ideological data-points rather than reality. It’s missing a lot of reality. That’s just not how human nature works.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    This will be interesting to see how it plays out. So, BLM creates their “police force” then what’s to stop this other group to create one of their own? Who gets to decide what the law is and how it’s enforced? Well, if human history is any indication, it will be the one with the most guns and the greatest desire to inflict its will on the other.

Pretty much this, just security groups instead of firemen.

[video=youtube_share;mHg-y78oaR4]https://youtu.be/mHg-y78oaR4[/video]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    and I'm happy for it...
    I'd love to see the areas like that go into economic ruin.
    Maybe people will learn what way to vote to prevent it from happening again...

The people burning down the city don't work, they don't contribute to the economy.

You really think they're going to change their vote because some jobs left the city? They'll never even know it happened.
    They certainly aren't going to vote right of center, and nothing will change that until we strip them of their gravy train.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Aside from the interesting conversation with Lopez, I think one of the most telling things about the reality of what's going on is this:

The recording begins with Ald. Michelle Harris (8th Ward) wondering how she could convince businesses like Walmart and CVS to rebuild on the South Side after the destruction.

“It’s like, what are we going to have left in our community?” Harris asks her colleagues before answering herself. “Nothing.”

This is like Dr. Frankenstein creating a monster and bringing it to life, only to later lament that it went on to terrorize the villagers.

Sorry, but at some point these brain dead, power hungry politicos need to reap what they've sown.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I urge everyone to watch this and then think of a name for the situation where "security firms" develop a dominance in a certain geographical area...to the point of monopoly.

You mean like health insurance companies, home owners insurance, utilities, or anything else?

Public opinion plays a large role in whether those companies could continue to operate.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    https://abc7news.com/steven-carrillo-santa-cruz-carillo-california-sheriff-deputy-killed/6236742/

I-TEAM: Air Force sergeant arrested on suspicion for killing of deputy in Santa Cruz County

The Sheriff's Department identified the suspect as 32-year-old Steven Carrillo of Ben Lomond.

The FBI is investigating whether Carrillo is also responsible for the shooting at the Oakland Federal Building that killed security officer Pat Underwood and injured his partner on May 29th. Security cameras caught this white van as the side door opened and gunfire erupted.

Saturday's incident began when someone spotted Carrillo in a white van with weapons and bomb-making materials. Sheriff's deputies followed the van back to his Ben Lomond house, where authorities say he ambushed officers, firing on them and throwing explosives, killing Sgt. Gutzwiller. He bolted in a white sedan, hitting another officer. A female deputy was on the radio when that happened; you can hear her scream.

Shortly after his arrest, Carrillo may have revealed a motive for the attack.

During his arrest, Steven Carrillo shouted at officers, "This is what I came here to fight. I'm sick of these ******* police."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You mean like health insurance companies, home owners insurance, utilities, or anything else?

Public opinion plays a large role in whether those companies could continue to operate.

My point was simple. An attempt to get rid of government results in government, no matter what you call it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My point was simple. An attempt to get rid of government results in government, no matter what you call it.

That already exists thanks to capitalism.

There's 3 rulers you can chose from:
    1.) God
    2.) The State
    3.) Corporations

Plenty of corporations effectively own the state in their local area due to economic dominance and can force laws to be changed to directly benefit them and harm their competition. The state is just the corporation's militia in many of these cases.

Either way, between option 2 and 3, I don't see a tremendous amount of difference besides branding.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Several threads I could have put this. This gentleman helped me think more about all the things that LEO contribute to society, beyond just chasing the bad guys. I'm sure more could be said, but he says it pretty good:

[video=youtube;VJTU7A4MVWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJTU7A4MVWg[/video]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is like Dr. Frankenstein creating a monster and bringing it to life, only to later lament that it went on to terrorize the villagers.

Sorry, but at some point these brain dead, power hungry politicos need to reap what they've sown.

Makes me wonder if Daley was still in power would this have occured. He controlled the city like an emperor, corrupt, evil but their was "order".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Suspect accused of killing retired police captain once got 7-year prison sentence but didn’t serve one day

https://fox2now.com/news/fox-files/...year-prison-sentence-but-didnt-serve-one-day/

If I were king, judges, prosecutors and parole board members would be held personally responsible for all those to whom they give leniency. You let someone off with a light sentence, or give them an early release? Fine. If they commit another crime, then you serve their (maximum) sentence right along with them. I think we'd see a major decrease in this sort of thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

People, especially within groups, are highly hackable. If what's happened over the past few weeks doesn't make that obvious enough I don't know what will.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is a point I tried to make with anarcho capitalists before. But it's okay when they call it private enterprise. And it's no less big or oppressive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That already exists thanks to capitalism.

There's 3 rulers you can chose from:
    1.) God
    2.) The State
    3.) Corporations

Plenty of corporations effectively own the state in their local area due to economic dominance and can force laws to be changed to directly benefit them and harm their competition. The state is just the corporation's militia in many of these cases.

Either way, between option 2 and 3, I don't see a tremendous amount of difference besides branding.

1 is actually a choice for 2 or 3. 3 is really 2. Your choice is 2 regardless of what you call it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's a good thing ya didn't make a smart alec comment....I mean with you bein' in the AF and all. Kinda like Pee Wee Herman pickin on John Wayne. :)

And, for the record, I was a Seabee. Great John Wayne movie. One of the few he died in.

Few?
    He died in quite a few.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1 is actually a choice for 2 or 3. 3 is really 2. Your choice is 2 regardless of what you call it.

'splain Lucy...

iu

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom