Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This will be interesting to see how it plays out. So, BLM creates their “police force” then what’s to stop this other group to create one of their own? Who gets to decide what the law is and how it’s enforced? Well, if human history is any indication, it will be the one with the most guns and the greatest desire to inflict its will on the other.

This is not what I had in mind when I wanted people to become more friendly to the idea of armed citizens.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Sure they are willing to do it for a price.
    It's no different than the police force that was there before just more "arms" visible. So long as their community wants it and their is a market for it, it will continue.

So, private security can provide security.

They have no authority to enforce laws, though.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Recording of alderman and Chicago mayor(public record) from Sunday.

Yes the looting,burning,and riots are organized from both outside the city and in it(Mayor) can not say more due to ongoing FBI and local investigations.
    Good article,but the audio gives the best view of reality on the ground from a leadership perspective I have seen on any media.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/06/05/wh...-community-aldermen-react-panic-sorrow-unrest

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Is that more, or less, privilege than being able to pick up the phone to dial 911?

What is a private LAPD detail? It says the squads were directed to provide security. The picture shows an officer in duty uniform with a duty squad car. It sounds like this is an official LAPD duty just being called private.
    If it is on duty police - then that is definitely privilege.
    If it is paid for by the hypocrite then it isn't.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Yes the looting,burning,and riots are organized from both outside the city and in it(Mayor) can not say more due to ongoing FBI and local investigations.
    Good article,but the audio gives the best view of reality on the ground from a leadership perspective I have seen on any media.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/06/05/wh...-community-aldermen-react-panic-sorrow-unrest
    Ald. Raymond Lopez (15th Ward) demanded that Lightfoot develop a plan to stabilize Chicago’s neighborhoods for five days, calling his Southwest Side ward “a virtual war zone” where gang members armed with AK-47’s were threatening to shoot black people.

The call came to a screeching halt when Lightfoot declined to address the substance of Lopez’s remarks, and Lopez demanded that she respond.

Lightfoot told Lopez he was “100% full of s--t.”

“Well, f--k you then,” Lopez responded.

“I understand you want to preen,” Lightfoot told Lopez.

As aldermen objected, Lopez continued to speak.

“Mayor you need to check your f-----g attitude,” Lopez said.

madhouse.gif

:popcorn:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Law without Government

[video=youtube;8kPyrq6SEL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kPyrq6SEL0[/video]

I somehow doubt this is what the asswipes in Minnesota have in mind. I think they are more interested in plundering those who disagree with them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Law without Government

[video=youtube;8kPyrq6SEL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kPyrq6SEL0[/video]

I somehow doubt this is what the asswipes in Minnesota have in mind. I think they are more interested in plundering those who disagree with them.

I urge everyone to watch this and then think of a name for the situation where "security firms" develop a dominance in a certain geographical area...to the point of monopoly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Aside from the interesting conversation with Lopez, I think one of the most telling things about the reality of what's going on is this:

The recording begins with Ald. Michelle Harris (8th Ward) wondering how she could convince businesses like Walmart and CVS to rebuild on the South Side after the destruction.

“It’s like, what are we going to have left in our community?” Harris asks her colleagues before answering herself. “Nothing.”

The reality of what's happening and the long term effects is being drown out by how owed the mob is to protest with violence, and suggest that this violence was earned by America. That America had this coming. Look who the violence is against. It's against their own people. They've caused long term damage to their own people and no one is saying **** about that on CNN. They're talking about how bad the racism in the US must be to have caused this much violence.

I dunno. I would think if America was all this racist that the violence would be aimed at those racists instead of looting and burning Walmart and CVS. Walmart and CVS are getting paid. They don't need to give a financial **** about that at all. It hurts the people who now can't use Walmart and CVS to buy the stuff they need to live.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    What is a private LAPD detail? It says the squads were directed to provide security. The picture shows an officer in duty uniform with a duty squad car. It sounds like this is an official LAPD duty just being called private.
    If it is on duty police - then that is definitely privilege.
    If it is paid for by the hypocrite then it isn't.

Paid for by the hypocrite? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

The police union president notes that it is a special, not really private, detail, and it is coming out of the LAPD budget, both $$ and manpower.

[Spectrum News 1 journalist Natalie] Brunell reported that the protection detail was cancelled the night that she reached out to Martinez’s office for comment on the story.

That tells you pretty much who is paying for the "privilege."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I urge everyone to watch this and then think of a name for the situation where "security firms" develop a dominance in a certain geographical area...to the point of monopoly.

The Hanseatic League?

[And wowzer, today is a good day for History on INGO.]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Give me a hint. Like, what color is the water in this geographical area? :)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Law without Government

I think there were several factions involved in Minnesota and everywhere else and they came from Minnesota as well as everywhere else. Some, like antifa, want anarchy and to instigate riots. They want to upset the whole economy, civility, everything and then take over. Some, like the looters, want free s*** and are willing to riot to get it. There might even be a handful of actual protesters mixed in but they probably joined in with the rioters and looters or else went home.
    There were also the black gangs, latin gangs and samalian gangs doing their thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom