• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Here is an interesting conversation with a young man who participated in and helped to organize Antifa rallies in his high school days, before having an awakening and leaving the left behind.

[video=youtube_share;fnO9ex9WlMI]http://youtu.be/fnO9ex9WlMI[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here is an interesting conversation with a young man who participated in and helped to organize Antifa rallies in his high school days, before having an awakening and leaving the left behind.

[video=youtube_share;fnO9ex9WlMI]http://youtu.be/fnO9ex9WlMI[/video]

They started calling him a fascist, when he starting asking questions.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I keep seeing him labeled as a "conservative". He does not consider himself to be one.

Does he consider himself to be a journalist? His degree is a BA in art design and his day job is a photographer.

And after a quick glance at the headlines of his stories, I'd put him right of center.

Interestingly, there's plenty of photos in that article, ones taken by people that didn't get beat up.

I didn't realize it at first, but this is the same guy that got beat up at the gym and at other rallies. I don't want to blame the victim, but there's the old adage, "fool me once, ..."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone that questions antifa is a conservative, duh

I honestly can't imagine there's much love for Antifa from any mainstream liberals.

Of course, it'd be good to hear some liberal politicians come out and denounce their violence and overall tactics.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I honestly can't imagine there's much love for Antifa from any mainstream liberals.

Of course, it'd be good to hear some liberal politicians come out and denounce their violence and overall tactics.
    What is your definition of a mainstream liberal? There has been more than one TV "journalist" and politician that have spoken in support of them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What is your definition of a mainstream liberal?
    Alpo. :laugh:

There's also probably several TV "journalist" who's spoken in support of the Proud Boys, but I think we can both agree that they get no love from mainstream conservatives (e.g. INGOers).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Alpo. :laugh:

There's also probably several TV "journalist" who's spoken in support of the Proud Boys, but I think we can both agree that they get no love from mainstream conservatives (e.g. INGOers).
    I don't really know enough about them to put them in a box. I have heard leftists say they are a white supremacist group. I have heard others say they aren't.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Does he consider himself to be a journalist? His degree is a BA in art design and his day job is a photographer.

And after a quick glance at the headlines of his stories, I'd put him right of center.

Interestingly, there's plenty of photos in that article, ones taken by people that didn't get beat up.

I didn't realize it at first, but this is the same guy that got beat up at the gym and at other rallies. I don't want to blame the victim, but there's the old adage, "fool me once, ..."

He's 100X the journalist Khashoggi ever was. Does Antifa have to get out the bone saws before you'll question their methods?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He's 100X the journalist Khashoggi ever was. Does Antifa have to get out the bone saws before you'll question their methods?

When have I even a hinted of siding with them? Am I insinuating that their violence and tactics is acceptable?

Let's just nip that line of thinking in the bud: All Antifa's violence, rioting, intimidation, reasoning, etc., etc. is wrong. There's no questioning of their methods; it's crystal clear. I don't appreciate you trying to make it look like I am sympathetic with them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Have you forgotten this is INGO, sir? Any attempt to provide an alternative rationale for the actions of a president or group currently out of favor is tantamount to the Big Lie and we're better than that (but don't call out the Pope)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, well you know I don't don't always toe the INGO line and look see things from a angle so I can fully understand what's going on.

And just because Side A isn't saints, doesn't mean Side B isn't sinners.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Does he consider himself to be a journalist? His degree is a BA in art design and his day job is a photographer."

Andy Ngo certainly is a journalist. From wikipedia:
    Ngo is an independent journalist who writes for Quillette and the Wall Street Journal. He is also an editor for Quillette.

Journalism is an activity, not a credential. Tim Pool who's videos have been linked here a lot does investigative journalism without even a high school degree. Many talking heads on TV news programs do not ask questions to learn things to share with the public. They push viewpoints. For them, even having a journalism degree doesn't mean that they are journalists. I have two college degrees- one in Economics, but did not use it in my career, so I would never call myself an economist.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Or he's going where the story is.
    Maybe he's doing a better job at journalism than the real "journalists".

Top Bottom