• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some "protests" in Paris yesterday.

Not sure if Antifa and "Black Bloc" are the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc

direct-reforme-du-code-du-travail-premiers-heurts-paris.jpg

Wikipedia says they are Anarchists. :dunno:

From what I have seen they chant things like "Everybody hate the police!" and throw things at anti-riot police forces (including molotv cocktails; picture bellow from last year).

XVM65b213e0-3260-11e7-8323-2722125fb21f-805x453.jpg

affrontements-entre-jeunes-cagoules-et-crs-en-marge-de-la-manifestation-parisienne-du-1er-mai-2017-a-paris.jpg

black+block+4.png

Of course when the police respond with tear gas and batons they call it police brutality. :xmad:

manif-contre-la-reforme-du-code-du-travail-neuf-interpellations.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some "protests" in Paris yesterday.

Not sure if Antifa and "Black Bloc" are the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc

Wikipedia says they are Anarchists. :dunno:

From what I have seen they chant things like "Everybody hate the police!" and throw things at anti-riot police forces (including molotv cocktails; picture bellow from last year).

Of course when the police respond with tear gas and batons they call it police brutality. :xmad:

My understanding is that they're mostly anarco-communists. It's also my understanding that "Black Bloc" refers to what they wear. Antifa is what they're called, but sometimes they're called "black bloc" because of what they wear. But I've heard a lot of contradictory reporting on all that.

I did hear something interesting about Antifa. They started pre-WWII before Hitler took power, opposing the fascists by trying to destabilize the government, in hopes they could make Germany communist. That kinda backfired. To the extent that they DID destabilize the German government, they helped create the conditions which allowed Hitler to take power. In other words, ironically, they're partly responsible for Hitler!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My understanding is that they're mostly anarco-communists. It's also my understanding that "Black Bloc" refers to what they wear. Antifa is what they're called, but sometimes they're called "black bloc" because of what they wear. But I've heard a lot of contradictory reporting on all that.

I did hear something interesting about Antifa. They started pre-WWII before Hitler took power, opposing the fascists by trying to destabilize the government, in hopes they could make Germany communist. That kinda backfired. To the extent that they DID destabilize the German government, they helped create the conditions which allowed Hitler to take power. In other words, ironically, they're partly responsible for Hitler!

I'm not sure they all those "black bloc" have a political ideal behind their action.
    From what I've seen they mostly commit vandalism and fight the police during peacul protests.
    You just have to hide your face and wear black to be part of the group.
    I would bet some just show up to break stuff and throw stones at the cops, not knowing what kind of social issues others are protesting against.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not sure they all those "black bloc" have a political ideal behind their action.
    From what I've seen they mostly commit vandalism and fight the police during peacul protests.
    I would bet some just show up to break stuff and throw stones at the cops, not knowing what kind of social issues others are protesting against.

There are probably plenty of those I bet.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Yes, this is basically correct. If you look at the German Communist Party's (KPD) AntiFa symbol from 1929, it's the same as they're using now, except instead of two red flags side by side, it's usually a red and black one, reversed in direction and streamlined. The red is obvious; the black represents the anarchists they've aligned and formed an alliance with.

The black bloc serves two purposes: (1) it allows AntiFa to identify each other in the mob, and (2) it conceals identities with the common attire and ski masks. It makes trying to identify individuals from pictures and videos very difficult.

The 1929 AntiFa logo created by the German Communist Party (KPD):

36393138564_81a826fcde.jpg

Current German and US logos:

36393145294_c5da666cb3_b.jpg

36393145084_71a666ce19.jpg

John

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There are probably plenty of those I bet.

They all think they can do whatever they want because they're in a large group and they can't be identified later.
    But many of them are arrested right away.
    The last picture I posted shows a group of plainclothes police officers arresting one of those thugs.
    You can see one officer with a long gun on the right and they wear armbands that says "POLICE" (that they put on at the last minute).

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    AntiFa is NOT About Protest, it's About Revolution and Civil War

From what I've seen they mostly commit vandalism and fight the police during peaceful protests.

All you need to see to understand what they're doing is this photo of AntiFa banners from the Berkeley riot this year. These are dedicated, fully indoctrinated communists and anarchists who know exactly what they're doing, not a bunch of misguided college twits. Most are in their late 20's to mid-40's in age. It's not about "protesting" anything, it's the attempt to incite insurrection and civil war:

37041116786_6e71c77a22_b.jpg

Quoting again from the last paragraph of The Communist Manifesto (1848) by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels:
    The Communists disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
    Working Men of All Countries, Unite!
    Their goal is not just the overthrow of governments, it the overthrow of society itself. Without that, they cannot restructure it into their vision of a classless society with zero private ownership of anything, including the clothes you wear and your very body itself. Part of this includes the complete destruction and annihilation of anything that is an image or symbol of our society, its history and its heritage. In order to be successful, it must be extremely violent, using revolutionary abject terror. Lenin and Stalin did this in the USSR, and rewrote all the history books and renaming cities. Mao Tse-tung did this with his Great Cultural Revolution spanning ten years from 1966-1976, completely erasing much of China's cultural heritage. This strategy is not unique to communists and anarchists. Genghis Kahn did this, as did the Romans to a great extent. ISIS currently does this in the Middle East in all the cities and territory they control.

It's not about protesting social injustices. It's about the complete annihilation of a society: its government, its structure, its ethos, its history and its heritage. If you really want to understand AntiFa and what their collective objectives are, you need to find their (real, not fake parody) web sites and start reading their propaganda and newspapers.

Know your friends well, but know your enemies better.

John

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    They all think they can do whatever they want because they're in a large group and they can't be identified later.
    The last picture I posted shows a group of plainclothes police officers arresting one of those thugs.
    You can see one officer with a long gun on the right and they wear armbands that says "POLICE" (that they put on at the last minute).

Not many of them, just a handful . . . a half dozen to a dozen . . . and they're being arrested at the demonstration, by ones and twos. Occasionally one or two may be identified later if they weren't entirely successful with their black bloc.

John

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Stop Dennying the thread jack.

But you're spot on

No, that's just what you and your ilk would like to believe. You like to divorce yourself from what's actually being said and use your imagination (and worldview) to have words reconcile with what you want to believe.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So they infiltrate the groups? That could easily backfire on them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not many of them, just a handful . . . a half dozen to a dozen . . . and they're being arrested at the demonstration, by ones and twos. Occasionally one or two may be identified later if they weren't entirely successful with their black bloc.

John

For large protests like that they arrest a lot of people.More than a dozen anyway.
    As many as 140 during one of the latest protest in Paris.

They have several jail busses just for that and they never leave empty.

879.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So they infiltrate the groups? That could easily backfire on them.

Yes, they are among the crowd and face their collegues in uniform and anti-riot gear.
    They get some tear gas as well sometimes.
    I've seen a video of anti-riot cops charging a group of violent protesters, and hitting them with batons and spraying tear gas.
    One of the officers in uniform yelled "Not them! Not them! They're with us!" ... one of the plain clothes officers took too long to ID himself and got hit a few times with batons.

Here you can see a few officers in plainclothes, with expandable batons.One is holding his police armband to avoid getting hit by officers in uniform.

28marsRepubliqueChaos2.jpg

Same thing here:

Some use bike helmets for protections, other are wearing police issue anti-riot helmets so it's easy to tell they're cops.

pzparis02.jpg

Top Bottom