• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He died with wanton disregard for his life by the patrol officer.

#BLM doesn't matter to me. The way Mr. Floyd died, does.

Of course the way he died was wrong. I don't think anyone disputes that. It's the enormous set of blinders required to ignore the MASSIVE difference in sheer numbers of young black men killed by other young black men vs. the number killed unjustly by police that should be the issue. But the left and MSM continues to ignore that. Black people are being used as unwitting pawns by the DNC and BLM, Antifa, et al. BLM shoud be renamed to OCBLM - Only Certain Black Lives Matter - those killed by white police officers. They couldn't give two ****s about the other 99% that die at the hands of other blacks.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    THIMC,

I will accept whatever and use whatever elements of any culture that I choose and reject whatever things I do not like.

I like sushi,but totally reject seppuku.
    I like the solar system, perogis and polish sausage, but hate the Polish language. So far one of the only that I cannot pick up any conversational phrases.
    I have greatly enjoyed the meals I've eaten in homes in the homes in South Chicago, but I dislike their music.
    I love Chinese food and Chinese people and like the ones I know hate Communism.

My list could go on and on, but my point is I don't believe in cultural appropriation, I believe in the American melting pot.

The only cultural thing that I took from my own culture is work.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Of course the way he died was wrong. I don't think anyone disputes that. It's the enormous set of blinders required to ignore the MASSIVE difference in sheer numbers of young black men killed by other young black men vs. the number killed unjustly by police that should be the issue. But the left and MSM continues to ignore that. Black people are being used as unwitting pawns by the DNC and BLM, Antifa, et al. BLM shoud be renamed to OCBLM - Only Certain Black Lives Matter - those killed by white police officers. They couldn't give two ****s about the other 99% that die at the hands of other blacks.

Here's the answer I got to that observation: #BLM is focused on abuse and justice. In most black on black homicides, the justice system functions as it is intended (or at least is generally dysfunctional with everyone). In cases of interest to #BLM, there have been "alleged" abuses by the police and the "system" did not administer "justice".

Their words, not mine.

I don't buy the #BLM schtick just like I don't buy alot of the other SJW bull****. But, that's what I've been told and seems to be supported in the media before Mr. Floyd's case. It may be different now, but that wasn't their self-designed chartered objective.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    He died with wanton disregard for his life by the patrol officer.

#BLM doesn't matter to me. The way Mr. Floyd died, does.
    That has yet to be proven. If the coroner is to be believed there is no asphyxiation or strangulation and he died via cardiac incident.

If you have crappy blood vessels and hypertension and die of a stroke while being arrested did the cops kill you? Or did your poor life choices and the stress you created by being arrested for commiting a crime cause your outcome?

I believe George Floyd died of excited Delirium.

"If you can loot in person, you can Vote in person" -Me

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The black on black crime generally doesn't affect the daily life of general public. The riots and curfew does. Insert media hog here. BLM, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, MSM.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    That white people reject all things related to black people, except the parts that white people like. That's a great deal of the "systemic racism" that seems so hard for some white people to wrap their heads around

Damn, dude, but you stroke with a broad brush.

[/QUOTE]Perhaps, but there is a very real perception that many white people think in terms of "good" and "bad" black people, with lists like that reinforcing that perception.[/QUOTE]

And what should we call people with this "very real" misguided perception?

In my business, I deal with all colors of people, and as long as their money (and my printing) is the right color, we get along just peaches color.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That white people reject all things related to black people, except the parts that white people like. That's a great deal of the "systemic racism" that seems so hard for some white people to wrap their heads around.

Let’s do a consistency check. That black people reject all things related to white people, except the parts that black people like.

Does that suggest black people are racist in the same way white people are?

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That white people reject all things related to black people, except the parts that white people like. That's a great deal of the "systemic racism" that seems so hard for some white people to wrap their heads around.

Ever heard of the crab bucket?

The road goes both ways, except the crab bucket is far more socially destructive than white people simply not being interested in some elements of black culture.

Assimilation is one of the most important foundations to a functional country. When we have a few wildly different conflicting cultural bases, eventually situations like are happening right now become inevitable. America made a very big mistake with the way ending slavery happened and created 2 vastly different cultures that will for ever be at odds with not only each other, but what this country means to them.

BLM is out destroying monuments to black regiments of the civil war, considering them symbols of systemic racism.
    They're out destroying black and other minority owned businesses.

You might just have to accept that riff raff like that has no message and is simply a terrorist organization.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Ever heard of the crab bucket?

The road goes both ways, except the crab bucket is far more socially destructive than white people simply not being interested in some elements of black culture.

Assimilation is one of the most important foundations to a functional country. When we have a few wildly different conflicting cultural bases, eventually situations like are happening right now become inevitable. America made a very big mistake with the way ending slavery happened and created 2 vastly different cultures that will for ever be at odds with not only each other, but what this country means to them.

BLM is out destroying monuments to black regiments of the civil war, considering them symbols of systemic racism.
    They're out destroying black and other minority owned businesses.

You might just have to accept that riff raff like that has no message and is simply a terrorist organization.

Is assimilation the key (melting pot) or is it ok to maintain our identities (salad bowl)?

A friend of my wife's was upset that my wife didn't "see" her skin color (and her friend is a very reasonable, loving person)--if I see the color, I automatically pre-judge you as having a stereotypical life (aka, White Privilege (I wonder if other colors have privilege), poverty, single parent, violence, drugs, whatever). So, either I don't see, and fail to recognize the system's influences, or I do see and I assume that you've had a certain experience.

Muhammad Ali (?) advocated for each group to keep their culture--let the Blacks live in their part of the city, the Hispanics theirs, etc. Why force all the fish into the same tank?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is assimilation the key (melting pot) or is it ok to maintain our identities (salad bowl)?

A friend of my wife's was upset that my wife didn't "see" her skin color (and her friend is a very reasonable, loving person)--if I see the color, I automatically pre-judge you as having a stereotypical life (aka, White Privilege (I wonder if other colors have privilege), poverty, single parent, violence, drugs, whatever). So, either I don't see, and fail to recognize the system's influences, or I do see and I assume that you've had a certain experience.

Muhammad Ali (?) advocated for each group to keep their culture--let the Blacks live in their part of the city, the Hispanics theirs, etc. Why force all the fish into the same tank?

If you want a multi-ethnic society, the society must be united by a shared culture.

When society isn't united, this happens.
    B80aS5u.jpg

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

That sound a little more like early Malcolm X to me; but Malcolm appeared to get out of the “white devil” mindset after making his Hajj.

Nowadays, if you quoted his “political chump” speech to the rioters, I’d expect a lot of them to think you were quoting Adolf.

Top Bottom