• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

What the heck is wrong with this guy?

Doesn't he know that if something ever goes wrong the government will step in to help him?

If we are at a point that FEMA and DHS cannot be relied upon to take care of every person and every situation, then clearly the government is not big enough. We need a bigger state to keep us safe. If that means we need to give up firearms to be safe, so be it. After all, the state is in a better position to be prepared anyhow. (Just ask denny)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    simple solution. don't let anyone know what you're doing. going on national tv was not a good idea...when was the last time the media put a positive spin on anything that wasn't about President Obama?

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Just being on this forum is a potential danger to any one of us. I'm sure many of us have made "the list". It seems that things are getting worse and worse, and rough times are drawing closer and closer. I'm glad I dont have kids, for those of you that do I hope they are prepared for the real world events that seem to be inevitable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We're probably all considered mentally defective to some...afterall, we enjoy toys that are designed to set off an explosion mere inches from your face when used properly. :p

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    simple solution. don't let anyone know what you're doing. going on national tv was not a good idea...when was the last time the media put a positive spin on anything that wasn't about President Obama?
    I'm sure the BATFE and the DHS is watching this show closely!:n00b:

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    What the heck is wrong with this guy?

Doesn't he know that if something ever goes wrong the government will step in to help him?

If we are at a point that FEMA and DHS cannot be relied upon to take care of every person and every situation, then clearly the government is not big enough. We need a bigger state to keep us safe. If that means we need to give up firearms to be safe, so be it. After all, the state is in a better position to be prepared anyhow. (Just ask denny)

I hope (can't stress the word HOPE enough) that your comment was meant to be purple? :)

If it was intended to be in purple, I'm with ya. If not, I may need to reconsider what I say on here :dunno:

As for being on the "list" as deadhead so elloquently put it, I know I'm on that list. I've had more Facebook post/comments censored that I sometimes think the DHS is stalking me. Kinda creepy really. Perverts.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Close call

Whew! I drove right by the Beech Grove Railyards this afternoon and "they" never came after me. But then, "their" file on me probably indicates I'm not a hard core prepper. "They" probably did record me entering and exiting BGF, though. "They" have that facility right across the street, ya' know!

Lesson: Fly under the radar. Stroll aimlessly about while whistling a happy tune. Above all, CC.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    This was actually a problem before he even went on the show. They took his guns but he is still prepping.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    first this has nothing to do with him prepping ......

He was on a show thats showed him with guns because he was forced "committed to a mental institution." His name is on the NICS list he is not allowed to own a firearm they seen it they came and took them....

Under federal law, people may not buy or possess a gun if they are "adjudicated as a mental defective" or "committed to any mental institution." ATF regulations define "adjudicated as a mental defective" as a: determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease: (1) Is a danger to himself or others; or (2) Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs.

Note that merely seeking or receiving treatment for mental illness is not sufficient to bring someone within this prohibited class.

But before 2007 that would have been a life time ban on firearms but the NICS improvment act of 2007 lets him get he's rights back .The NICS Act does provide that persons who are entered into NICS because of this mental illness prohibition may seek "relief from disabilities" by petitioning that their names be removed from NICS if they no longer suffer from the mental health condition that originally barred them from buying or possessing guns.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Just being on this forum is a potential danger to any one of us. I'm sure many of us have made "the list". It seems that things are getting worse and worse, and rough times are drawing closer and closer. I'm glad I dont have kids, for those of you that do I hope they are prepared for the real world events that seem to be inevitable.
    Hells bells, I went on the list as soon as I joined the Marines back in 1983. Who cares about that. Besides, one of my kids are grown and on their own, and the other is just short of that and can shoot most of my guns as good or better than me. I will put my ultimate trust in the Lord to see us through.:twocents:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Kind of goes along with the American Psychiatrists Association wanting to add "grief,shyness,and eccentricity" to the list of "mental disorders". The easier it is to declare someone"crazy", the easier it is to control them. Or take their guns.

Top Bottom