• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The story behind Dave's problem is he was having problems breathing, he went to see a cardiologist who told him they could put a tube in his throat to help him breath. Dave told him no thanks that he would rather kill himself than live like that but told the cardiologist he is a Christian man and because of his faith, he couldn't commit suicide even if he wanted to. The doctor told him he should go to the emergency room and Dave said didn't have time for that, he had farm animals to get home to feed, and he went home. The doctor ran with it and had him committed, the local sheriff came out and confiscated all his weapons and took him to the emergency room where he was kept for 2 days before seeing a court appointed attorney and 4 days before seeing a judge who released him.
    The NRA lawyers are now looking into handling his case.
    This all started in November of 2011 when he originally went to the cardiologist, but shtf in January when he went for a follow up appointment, long before the show aired.
    His youtube channel is, dsarti1

Dave does have a sarcastic sense of humor and can rub people the wrong way, but he is funny and a good person.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ok. I set a dvr timer for this show. I never heard of it before this thread. So far on there looks to only be the first 3 episodes on NTGEO...wonder which one he's on.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    They' think weare mentaly defective if we will fight for our rights the way they did in the Revolution. Funny how things change 'in government'

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    This will happen as long as you have uneducated or in this case undereducated people speaking for you. No one can stop him from making youtube videos. Therefore no one can stop him from making a fool of himself.

This is why we CHOOSE who we want speaking for ANY movement.

He continues to make excuses and say "there is nothing to live for now."

http://www.youtube.com/user/dsarti1#p/u/16/nUv9pjxq5QI

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When you get sarcastic about suicide with your doctor, you will be assessed as a risk to your own life. I've watched several of his videos wondering how he has the subscribers that he does and I really just don't get it. He comes out and says he wanted to be the Larry the Cable Guy of the Prepping world. He wanted to make preppers looks crazy. Why should anyone care too much about this guy?

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    One of my former co-workers told me he kept out of trouble by 'hiding in the tall
    grass'...or as one old dude told me "say nothing young man" . One of my local dealers
    started advertising a special on .25 autos and ammo for a cheap price and shortly
    was raided by ATF...40 years in the business and you're bound to have some sloppy
    paperwork. He did and lost his FFL. No doubt the local fuzz thought he was arming
    gang-bangers and called the feds...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Anyone could say the same thing about you.

They could but you don't see me complaining because I got sarcastic with a medical professional about suicide. That is why he lost his rights to own firearms. IT WAS HIS FAULT. If he wants to make preppers look crazy, why would preppers want to defend him? He should have known when to keep his mouth shut.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    They could but you don't see me complaining because I got sarcastic with a medical professional about suicide. That is why he lost his rights to own firearms. IT WAS HIS FAULT. If he wants to make preppers look crazy, why would preppers want to defend him? He should have known when to keep his mouth shut.

We've all (well maybe not you) have said things that we later regretted.
    He didn't say he was going to commit suicide, he said he'd rather kill himself than live with tubes hanging out of his throat, followed by even if he wanted to kill himself he couldn't because of his Christian faith. Apparently the prepper community doesn't think Dave makes them look crazy otherwise he wouldn't be receiving the support he is.
    I do agree with you that it wasn't a smart thing to say to a doctor.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I agree that we've all said stupid things but you have to know the time and place to refrain from certain types of comments. Best answer when his doctor asked how he'd commit suicide would have been to say that he wasn't depressed and had no reason to feel suicidal. I understand that the prepper community is supporting him but the words from his own mouth included "the Larry the Cable Guy of preppers" and "I wanted to make preppers look crazy". The Larry the Cable Guy thing isn't a problem because there is nothing wrong with humor but why try to give people that already think preppers are crazy more ammo? I'm guessing videos he posted after contacting the lawyer that was going to help him would be the reason that the lawyer decided against it. Once again not helping himself.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It does sound like the gentleman did cause some of his own grief but I wonder if what we are being told by him is totally truthful. I guess we will never know. It could've all been avoided if he took better care of himself then maybe he could've avoided the cardiologist altogether. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I honestly don't get why people like this bring attention to themselves. People watch TV, people KNOW these people. It's only a matter of time that someone puts two and two together. Just because you don't say, "Hey! Lookie what I got!" doesn't mean you're not saying it, just more subtly.

First thing to learn when you start prepping? Keep your mouth shut. People can't take what they don't know you have.

Top Bottom