DNR Proposal for .243 and up rifle for deer season?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just saying nay

this proposal is like Sasquatch, I heard of him, people claim they saw him and there are some fuzzy pictures of it but no firm evidence.

Hope this is all true. Can't wait to use my Barrett 99 just to see if I can shoot through a tree to take a deer down.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    No I didn't talk or ask questions. There was one person there that was pro who said something and not so pro. He talked about someone would go buy an ak and put a slide fire and really put a hurting on the deer. He was forgetting practicality,bag limits and how expensive(back to practical) a set up like that would be.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    What an idiot. Slide fire. Seriously? So impractical besides you use a saiga with a slide fire today but I am sure he never thought if that

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    No I didn't talk or ask questions. There was one person there that was pro who said something and not so pro. He talked about someone would go buy an ak and put a slide fire and really put a hurting on the deer. He was forgetting practicality,bag limits and how expensive(back to practical) a set up like that would be.

M4Madness,

Who do you think that was? ;)

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    So for those of us not familiar with this process, what are the next steps and timeline? Like, if it becomes official, when will we know? Thanks.

EDIT: Found a few pages back an estimate of March 2015?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    So for those of us not familiar with this process, what are the next steps and timeline? Like, if it becomes official, when will we know? Thanks.

See post 237..

The preliminary approval is done . They should start taking public input in the next few weeks. I'll post it as soon as they do.

Top Bottom