• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Not sure what the point of this is, unless you're providing further justification for us to launch counter attacks against Iran. :dunno:

Not to put words in Kut's mouth , but I take it he's saying there are more important things going on in the world.
    Sure it sucks he died but in reality (to me anyway) he was just an overpaid athlete

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two events happening simultaneously can be important to people simultaneously. No reason to scold people for the one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not to put words in Kut's mouth , but I take it he's saying there are more important things going on in the world.
    Sure it sucks he died but in reality (to me anyway) he was just an overpaid athlete

Ding! Kobe's death is certainly tragic, but people have tragic deaths everyday. This attack IMO, should be the more newsworthy, as it has the potential to affect us all.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    United Nations troops are stationed in 39 countries worldwide,not including the 193 counties who are members.
    https://www.unmissions.org/

Africa had more armed conflict in 2019 than at any time in the war torn continents history.
    https://reliefweb.int/report/world/conflict-still-africa-s-biggest-challenge-2020

Waves to all. I stayed away quite awhile and am not sure how involved in topics like politics I will be at this point in my life.I am not nearly as up to date at the current time as i used to be.I did a bit more living and let others worry about the bigger picture for awhile.I even managed to hike the Appalachian trail in 5 months and 11 days in 2019 :)

Try to stay on topic. Facts are your friend.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ding! Kobe's death is certainly tragic, but people have tragic deaths everyday. This attack IMO, should be the more newsworthy, as it has the potential to affect us all.

I really wasn't thinking about the Kobe angle. I see your point and yes, I believe the attack on the Embassy is more newsworthy.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah we have fire finder radar the issue is it was probably a katyusha rocket on a one shot launcher.

1. Set up launcher use timer

2. leave the AO

3. rocket or rockets launch and we have no target or we could attack a empty launcher?

It could also have been vehicle mounted as well fire rockets haul a$$ works pretty good as well.

The green zone is very large it had a Starbucks last time I was there in 2010.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, in theory you could get them with continuous drone surveillance and airborn quick reaction attack assets, but the cost isn't worth the payoff. Something like the Strike Eagle attacks that preceded the Soleimani kill are a much better payoff, but there was an element of surprise (that the US would do much of anything) to the success of those. I would bet the new drill when attacking the US is to dive into a hole and pull like roof in after you, what I imagine is what they do when they attack Israel

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yeah we have fire finder radar the issue is it was probably a katyusha rocket on a one shot launcher.

1. Set up launcher use timer

2. leave the AO

3. rocket or rockets launch and we have no target or we could attack a empty launcher?

It could also have been vehicle mounted as well fire rockets haul a$$ works pretty good as well.

The green zone is very large it had a Starbucks last time I was there in 2010.

This.

Free flight artillery rockets don't have anything guiding them and launchers can be both mobile, remote and crude.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    While the rest of the world is asking about Kobe....

(CNN)One rocket hit a dining facility Sunday on the compound of the US Embassy in Baghdad, a US official told CNN.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/politics/rocket-hits-us-embassy-compound-baghdad/index.html

Yeah, in theory you could get them with continuous drone surveillance and airborn quick reaction attack assets, but the cost isn't worth the payoff. Something like the Strike Eagle attacks that preceded the Soleimani kill are a much better payoff, but there was an element of surprise (that the US would do much of anything) to the success of those. I would bet the new drill when attacking the US is to dive into a hole and pull like roof in after you, what I imagine is what they do when they attack Israel

Agree with both above, and also with Brad that this was likely a "shoot and scoot" with orders NOT to return to base afterwards with a drone tailing, lol!

The apparent lack of response so far points to either a lack of direct evidence of which of the several Iranian-backed militia was responsible, or Trump holding his redline for response at US casualties to show restraint.

I disagree... ruble one of the usual suspects if the actual one isn't apparent.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, has everyone died in the latest WW3 yet? Might be. I still don't have the t-shirt I ordered.

Who are we fighting and who are our allies in this one? Is that the "My Country went to WWIII and all I got was this lousy t-shirt", t-shirt?

Top Bottom