• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you push the other five JCPOA members to accept that 'deal sweetener' for Iran, and push to get it done as a lame duck before your successor can (and likely would) block it, do you not own it

Don't be pedantic and insist that for Obama to have sent it that he had to be the one to place it in its shipping container and afix the DHL label. By those lights, Putin didn't nerve gas those people in Britain because he didn't personally dose them himself. :rolleyes:

Can't help it. I'm a stickler; and here, I have to be or be ripped to shreds.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you push the other five JCPOA members to accept that 'deal sweetener' for Iran, and push to get it done as a lame duck before your successor can (and likely would) block it, do you not own it

Don't be pedantic and insist that for Obama to have sent it that he had to be the one to place it in its shipping container and afix the DHL label. By those lights, Putin didn't nerve gas those people in Britain because he didn't personally dose them himself. :rolleyes:

Edit: Did you miss the part in the quote about "approved by the outgoing U.S. administration"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pentagon now says 11 US troops were hurt in Iran missile strike

The quote:

“While no US service members were killed in the Jan. 8 Iranian attack on Al Asad Air base, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed,” a statement from the US Central Command said.

“Out of an abundance of caution, service members were transported from Al Asad Air Base, Iraq to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany for follow-on screening. When deemed fit for duty, the service members are expected to return to Iraq following screening,” the statement added.

I wouldn't really consider this to be a lie, how the people posting it are framing it.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

The quote:

I wouldn't really consider this to be a lie, how the people posting it are framing it.

I read this as not "caught in a lie" but updating and being transparent by immediately issuing a statement:

“Symptoms emerged days after the fact, and they were treated out of an abundance of caution,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told CNN. “We corrected the record today,” he said. The Office of the Secretary of Defense “learned about these injuries today and directed a statement go out immediately.”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The quote:

And what the idiot in chief thinks of the injuries:
    “No, I don’t consider them very serious injuries relative to other injuries that I’ve seen,” the president said, and described meeting previously with U.S. troops wounded by roadside bombs. “I’ve seen people with no legs and with no arms. I’ve seen people that were horribly, horribly injured in that area, that war.”
    “No, I do not consider that to be bad injuries, no,” he added.

My significant other would have lost her **** if she had heard this (she avoids politics). She's a speech pathologist, and went into the field because he Ranger brother, had told her about the brain injuries associated with IEDs he knew off. She wanted to be at the very front of the line when it came to helping GIs with such injuries.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what do you and she think about the Lessons Learned project/Afghanistan papers. Which thread are you posting your outrage in?

The only outrage I have concerning the Afghan War, is how long we were/are there, and how it spun in to invading Iraq. In so far as the Afghan War, itself, I fully support why we went to war.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not sure if srs

Obama isn't the only one to blame you know

The Afghanistan Papers are a set of internal documents from the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) obtained by The Washington Post through a Freedom of Information Act request that document the US war in Afghanistan. The documents reveal that high-ranking officials were generally of the opinion that the war was unwinnable, but kept this hidden from the public. NPR host Lulu Garcia-Navarro said that the "new Pentagon Papers describe explicit and sustained efforts by the US government to deliberately mislead the public.”

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The only outrage I have concerning the Afghan War, is how long we were/are there, and how it spun in to invading Iraq. In so far as the Afghan War, itself, I fully support why we went to war.

The country they should have bombed was about 1500 miles to the west...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    And what the idiot in chief thinks of the injuries:

My significant other would have lost her **** if she had heard this (she avoids politics). She's a speech pathologist, and went into the field because he Ranger brother, had told her about the brain injuries associated with IEDs he knew off. She wanted to be at the very front of the line when it came to helping GIs with such injuries.

It's okay your wife doesn't have to lose her **** because the President is likely correct. While concussions can be serious, especially multiple concussions (see football players) these likely weren't to the level of serious TBI's like being caught in an MRAP right in the middle of a large IED etc. A concussion isn't likely comparable compared to some of the more serious injuries he has seen while visiting troops in the hospital. A bad case of TDS on the other hand...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    sNFDQXc.gif

Top Bottom