• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I made the point that the jury is still out on DeSantis, but at least he’s still up on Biden. Okay. So now he’s not up on biden but all are within the margin of error. It’s not a major point either way. +3 or -1.9 before primaries even start is not something worth taking the time to screenshot.
    R-i-i-i-g-h-t

+3 was a big deal when you sought to cite it as evidence DeSantis still had some mojo

I'm sure the grapes polls were sour, anyway

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I checked RCP average on my phone this morning. Showed DeSantis at +3. Trump was even against Biden.
    I just took an iPhone jaunt over to RCP just now

The only thing I could find that matched the figures you cited was if you cited ONLY the Marquette general election polls (Trump v Biden and DeSantis v Biden) from July 27th

Hardly the RCP polling average, but that must be the 'citing erroneous material to prove your point' thing you were on about

Projection, it's not just for progressives anymore

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    R-i-i-i-g-h-t

+3 was a big deal when you sought to cite it as evidence DeSantis still had some mojo

I'm sure the grapes polls were sour, anyway
    He’s in the margin of error. That’s mojo enough when we’re not even in the primaries.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just took an iPhone jaunt over to RCP just now

The only thing I could find that matched the figures you cited was if you cited ONLY the Marquette general election polls (Trump v Biden and DeSantis v Biden) from July 27th

Hardly the RCP polling average, but that must be the 'citing erroneous material to prove your point' thing you were on about

Projection, it's not just for progressives anymore
    I saw that. It’s possible I accidentally tapped on that. But anyway, that was just a reply to another poster. It wasn’t even a main point. But you sure got your hardon going over it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At this point, it probably is your pick. Unless you’re hoping the left will fulfill your dreams and prevent him from running.
    Fulfill my dreams? See. This is an example of what I’m talking about. You guys have a switch, with just two positions: Love Trump/Hate Trump. So there are just two ways for you to interpret what I say. If I'm not enthusiastically supporting him with limitless adoration and loyalty, I must hate him, and want him gone.

Here’s the reality. I don’t love Trump. I don't hate Trump. Both things can be true. I have never said I want him taken out of the race. To the contrary, I’ve said he has every right to run for President. I believe the people have a right to choose who they want to represent them in the general election. When a ballot is in front of me, I'll pick the option that renders what I think is the best outcome.

In the May, if DeSantis is still in the race, and he hasn't exposed himself as being worse than Trump, I'll probably pick him, even if the polls show he can't. I'm not voting for the guy I think will win the primary. I'm voting for the guy I think is best for the job. Everyone should get that choice.

So can I make the point any clearer? A person can simultaneously not hate Trump, and not love Trump. I shouldn’t have to tell you that. It should be easily intuited as true, like any other obvious logical tautology.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess some people can't resist making a point without getting a dig in. There probably have been a few here that would like to see the left prevent Trump from running but I don't believe I've seen anything that makes jamil one of them. About the only thing I've seen him say is that he would prefer another candidate.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Personally I think DeSantis would make a good president, but he lacks the same thing many of the republican candidates do, charisma. Something Trump has in spades. It's that magic ability/issue some have that can get people moving. The last example of this I can think of was Glen Youngkin unleashing a crusade against the education industrial complex in Virginia, sinking McAuliff's campaign with it.

A negative example would be Gavin Newsom who was a bad mayor, bad governor, and will surely be a bad president, but he has that smiley, nice hair X factor that keeps his career in politics going.

The education/groomer issue is still out there, somebody needs to pick it up and turn it into a national jihad, pulling the electorate along with it.

dc delenda est!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess some people can't resist making a point without getting a dig in. There probably have been a few here that would like to see the left prevent Trump from running but I don't believe I've seen anything that makes jamil one of them. About the only thing I've seen him say is that he would prefer another candidate.

Well, I guess I'm one to get mine in too where I think deserved. Like I said, I think the ardent Trumpers who can't stand that someone on the right might choose someone other than Trump, have only two ways to think of it. If you don't love him, you must hate him and are no different from the left. You're the enemy and must be marginalized.

It's a disingenuous game. Speaking of, one in particular likes to whatabout his way out of everything. Even though there's nothing to what-about, teal is the new straw. He fluffs up some teal what-about to throw out there.

Take the retarded ABT claim, for example. That sentiment evolved from me speaking negatively about the folly of fierce loyalty and adoration for any politician. Rather than make a counterpoint, his move is to dodge it by fluffing up some teal what-about fodder so he can attack it. Why not just do the honest thing and defend the wisdom of adoring Trump with fierce undying unskeptical loyalty? Is it really so much harder to defend that than making up **** so you can what-about dodge it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fulfill my dreams? See. This is an example of what I’m talking about. You guys have a switch, with just two positions: Love Trump/Hate Trump. So there are just two ways for you to interpret what I say. If I'm not enthusiastically supporting him with limitless adoration and loyalty, I must hate him, and want him gone.

Here’s the reality. I don’t love Trump. I don't hate Trump. Both things can be true. I have never said I want him taken out of the race. To the contrary, I’ve said he has every right to run for President. I believe the people have a right to choose who they want to represent them in the general election. When a ballot is in front of me, I'll pick the option that renders what I think is the best outcome.

In the May, if DeSantis is still in the race, and he hasn't exposed himself as being worse than Trump, I'll probably pick him, even if the polls show he can't. I'm not voting for the guy I think will win the primary. I'm voting for the guy I think is best for the job. Everyone should get that choice.

So can I make the point any clearer? A person can simultaneously not hate Trump, and not love Trump. I shouldn’t have to tell you that. It should be easily intuited as true, like any other obvious logical tautology.
    All this just proves you do not know what time it is…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Personally I think DeSantis would make a good president, but he lacks the same thing many of the republican candidates do, charisma. Something Trump has in spades. It's that magic ability/issue some have that can get people moving. The last example of this I can think of was Glen Youngkin unleashing a crusade against the education industrial complex in Virginia, sinking McAuliff's campaign with it.
    I think DeSantis possesses the skills, desire, and policies to get things done. But that's not going to help if he lacks the charisma to get himself in the chair to do it. Furthermore, were it not for the fact that running against Trump has soured Trump and all the Trumpers against him. So he's anathema at this point.

Likely Trump will win the primaries and will lose the general election. In 4 years, DeSantis automatically has the scorn of the Trumpers. So he dead.

A negative example would be Gavin Newsom who was a bad mayor, bad governor, and will surely be a bad president, but he has that smiley, nice hair X factor that keeps his career in politics going.

The education/groomer issue is still out there, somebody needs to pick it up and turn it into a national jihad, pulling the electorate along with it.

dc delenda est!
    Trudeau in Canada has that same thing going on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All this just proves you do not know what time it is…
    If what you mean is Trump will most likely win the nomination, yes. I think that is obvious at this point unless something drastic happens. If Trump's trials reveal some actually criminal behavior, the more intellectually honest Trumpers might lose their zeal. But, I think also that the indictments and the trials are mostly political theater. So whatever is revealed during the trials will be hard to verify. I mean it would have to be very damning and verifiable information. But the fiercely loyal will stay no matter what.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If what you mean is Trump will most likely win the nomination, yes. I think that is obvious at this point unless something drastic happens. If Trump's trials reveal some actually criminal behavior, the more intellectually honest Trumpers might lose their zeal. But, I think also that the indictments and the trials are mostly political theater. So whatever is revealed during the trials will be hard to verify. I mean it would have to be very damning and verifiable information. But the fiercely loyal will stay no matter what.
    As I said, you don’t know what time it is…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, I guess I'm one to get mine in too where I think deserved. Like I said, I think the ardent Trumpers who can't stand that someone on the right might choose someone other than Trump, have only two ways to think of it. If you don't love him, you must hate him and are no different from the left. You're the enemy and must be marginalized.

It's a disingenuous game. Speaking of, one in particular likes to whatabout his way out of everything. Even though there's nothing to what-about, teal is the new straw. He fluffs up some teal what-about to throw out there.

Take the retarded ABT claim, for example. That sentiment evolved from me speaking negatively about the folly of fierce loyalty and adoration for any politician. Rather than make a counterpoint, his move is to dodge it by fluffing up some teal what-about fodder so he can attack it. Why not just do the honest thing and defend the wisdom of adoring Trump with fierce undying unskeptical loyalty? Is it really so much harder to defend that than making up **** so you can what-about dodge it?
    I probably have taken the liberty of indulging in a personal dig myself even though I try not to make it personal like others seem to want so I should walk that criticism back, but the rest of my post still gets to the truth of the matter the way I see it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom