• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I HATE it. Not because I am lazy. Most of my clocks will change on their own. I imagine most people that hate it have to go to work in the AM, and going to bed when it is still light takes some adjustment. Kids and pets get thrown off schedule, too.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I HATE it. Not because I am lazy. Most of my clocks will change on their own. I imagine most people that hate it have to go to work in the AM, and going to bed when it is still light takes some adjustment. Kids and pets get thrown off schedule, too.
    Don't most people go to work in the AM? But more like 7-9AM not 5AM I just don't know anyone that goes to bed at 9PM.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Office people maybe, but most other people i know start before 7am. our 1st shift starts at 5:45 AM. I often go to bed before 9pm.
    I can see how you would not like it. Hopefully you can see how many families with children involved in outdoor sports do like it. Those that want to shoot, play golf, or just yard work after work like it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can see how you would not like it. Hopefully you can see how many families with children involved in outdoor sports do like it. Those that want to shoot, play golf, or just yard work after work like it.
    You are still the ONLY person I know of that likes changing the clocks. You're same old arguments are exactly that, old.

They need to pick a time and leave it. There is NO reason to mess with the clocks twice a year.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You are still the ONLY person I know of that likes changing the clocks. You're same old arguments are exactly that, old.

They need to pick a time and leave it. There is NO reason to mess with the clocks twice a year.
    INGO is far from representative of the overall population. I likely represent the thinking of a group not present here.

And your area would be nuts without DST. Sunset on Lake Michigan would be 6:46pm on May first without it. The Michigan part of the lake will have an 8:46 sunset that same day, eastern time DST. That a lot of evening fishing that would be missed.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Why don't they like it? Really little kids? What would they do with an extra hour of light in the early morning vs evening?
    usually parents who have to get up early, the kids don't want to go to bed when it's light and other kids are outside playing.
    i feel the whole thing is backwards, if anything, we should have it stay light longer in the winter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Office people maybe, but most other people i know start before 7am. our 1st shift starts at 5:45 AM. I often go to bed before 9pm.
    It's worse than this. You most likely have to get up by 4:30 at the latest. 4:30 EDT is 2:30 local solar time. Had Dumbfuck Daniels bothered to ask his buddy George, he could have learned that there is a reason why we bomb people between 2:30AM and 3:30AM local solar time--specifically that is when the overwhelming majority of people get their sounded sleep. Consequently, many of us rarely or never get optimal sleep because Mitch had his head far enough up his ass to lick his own tonsils.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    It's worse than this. You most likely have to get up by 4:30 at the latest. 4:30 EDT is 2:30 local solar time. Had Dumbfuck Daniels bothered to ask his buddy George, he could have learned that there is a reason why we bomb people between 2:30AM and 3:30AM local solar time--specifically that is when the overwhelming majority of people get their sounded sleep. Consequently, many of us rarely or never get optimal sleep because Mitch had his head far enough up his ass to lick his own tonsils.
    you're right. Messing with the sleep schedule isn't good for us. Mix that in with the changing of the season, seasonal allergies, and it's really hard on some people.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    you're right. Messing with the sleep schedule isn't good for us. Mix that in with the changing of the season, seasonal allergies, and it's really hard on some people.
    The problem is that we are expected to take it as an article of faith that our "betters" know better than we do even when they're dead wrong and don't give a damn.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I love it, as said above I get another hour of sleep in the dark in the morning and another hour of light evening. I have no use for a 5am sunrise anytime. I have many uses for a 830pm sunset.
    No one forces anyone to observe time, you are free to do time as you wish.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    INGO is far from representative of the overall population. I likely represent the thinking of a group not present here.

And your area would be nuts without DST. Sunset on Lake Michigan would be 6:46pm on May first without it. The Michigan part of the lake will have an 8:46 sunset that same day, eastern time DST. That a lot of evening fishing that would be missed.

Then change the damn clocks.. AND LEAVE THEM.
    I don't care if you want sunrise at 3 PM. Change it, AND LEAVE IT.

Top Bottom