• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I left the Great State of Indiana in Feb 86 for the USAF. I was bumfoosled by the lack of light every DST Monday morning (except when I was overseas and not saving daylight: 90, 93, 97& 98) until 2004. How long has it been DST here? I remember being home on leave Summer of 06 and it being light out at 2130 was just WRONG!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    DST just laid the prep work for mandatory masks and vaccines. First they make you do something 2 times a year then 4 then 16 then 256 and before you know it....24/7!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This time change is going to be especially fun. Since I have to a) wake up an hour earlier to catch an early Sunday AM flight, then b) fly back three time zones, with connections in two different time zones before ending up on Pacific time.

In the end, my adjustment to Pacific time ought to be easier; but Sunday is going to be a special kind of suck.

Oh, and CM, I have a feeling this bad penny will be gone sooner rather than later. My European colleagues were amazed that we Americans are still fooling around with our clocks twice a year.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So why all the butt hurt over changing clocks twice a year? Are we really that lazy? In my world the benefit is huge. I get that it is a pain for a few, like a dairy farmer, but that is not most of you. I also get that natural early risers will not like it.

Changing the clock allows another hour of light after work and school for the majority, for sports, recreation, or just work around home. I don't know anyone that does yard work before work, they all do it after.

I love it, I hear no complaints about it, except the usual bit**ing in this thread. LOL

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    All my clocks are digital, I would never notice the time change if it weren't for my vehicles.

In a world full of smart phones,smart watches, wifi gadgets etc. Whats the point of all the clock changing?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I love it, as said above I get another hour of sleep in the dark in the morning and another hour of light evening. I have no use for a 5am sunrise anytime. I have many uses for a 830pm sunset.
    So, change your alarm clock to wake up at a time that better-suits your preferences. Why should everyone else have to change their clocks twice a year to accommodate your sleep-cycle preferences?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So, change your alarm clock to wake up at a time that better-suits your preferences. Why should everyone else have to change their clocks twice a year to accommodate your sleep-cycle preferences?
    I do not get to choose the hours society functions. There is a societal benefit to business being conducted in consistent simultaneous timing. We need that to function as a prosperous society.

DST is shifting the time relation to daylight available to allow society to get the most value out of it. Currently society believes that daylight more important after the normal work or school day than before it.

Top Bottom