• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am not a meme maker but one of you can certainly make this up.

The Aztec's goofed up, the world was supposed to end in 2012 but they didn't account for DST, adjusted for DST it ends in 2020...

Seems appropriate for the way the year has been going...

I was hoping someone made that overnight...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nothing is natural about a clock. There are natural schedules, the example I gave was the cows don't care what time it is, they need milked at the same interval. Gestation is a natural schedule as is the solstice and equinox.

I dont care care why it was created and the various arguments employed to justify it, bottom line today is most folks like having that daylight in the evening, not morning.

But you seemed to be saying that what time you go to church, or TV program scheduling was natural schedules. Those are most definable not natural. They’re socially constructed. You go to church at the same time on the clock, but that’s a function of you changing the clock. You’re actually going to church either an hour earlier or an hour later depending on whether it’s DST or standard time. To the cows, you’ve changed your schedule. They have no idea about clocks.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I dug up this old proposal from several years ago, though I'm not sure that it ever gained any traction: End Day Light Saving Time

It would be an interesting first step for the U.S. to "set it and forget it" as this current era of mass biannual schedule changes and clockwankery draws to a close.

I'm fine with baby steps so long as they move us toward UTC. :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dug up this old proposal from several years ago, though I'm not sure that it ever gained any traction: End Day Light Saving Time

It would be an interesting first step for the U.S. to "set it and forget it" as this current era of mass biannual schedule changes and clockwankery draws to a close.

Well. I'm not sure if people in ND would appreciate 10:30 sunsets. But hell. They only have like 3 electoral votes. **** 'em. Eh?

I think I'd be okay with the UTC though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have been waiting for your return here good sir.....:):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public...-to-keep-daylight-saving-time-during-pandemic
    Rubio, Scott Introduce Bill to Keep Daylight Saving Time During Pandemic

SEP 16 2020

Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rick Scott (R-FL) introduced legislation that would keep the United States on Daylight Saving Time (DST) through November 7, 2021. By preventing the United States from “falling back” to Standard Time in six weeks, Americans would also avoid changing clocks in March 2021 when the United States typically springs forward into DST. The bill would provide one year of stability for families who are already dealing with enough change with virtual learning, work from home, and other disruptions the COVID-19 pandemic has placed into our daily lives.

It's was a start

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Well. I'm not sure if people in ND would appreciate 10:30 sunsets. But hell. They only have like 3 electoral votes. **** 'em. Eh?

I think I'd be okay with the UTC though.

Beats a 4:30pm sunset all to hell.

And think of the poor people in Houghton, MI. All the way up in Lake Superior and in the Eastern Time zone to boot. And they don't moan and groan about it other than having to turn the clocks back. Just leave them forward and let's move on.

Top Bottom