• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Yeah. The two scopes I have are MOA and I'll probably pick up the same to keep everything consistent.

I have been tempted to cancel my Bergara order and get one of those Tikka that 88 picked up, as it would probably come in faster, but now I'm interested in the Bergara to compare it with the Tikka to see how they compare to each other.

I have owned/own 4 Tikka rifles and they have all been stellar and "over" built.

Right outta the box they have performed so well that I keep coming back to them.

Kinda like CZ's.!!

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Morning CM

I think I've just about got myself talked into doing some major restructuring with rifles. Thinking ahead of what I will actually need and use has put some stuff in the "this can go" pile.

Yeah, I did just that back in June/July.

When things were still available.

I picked up 2 308's and ammo along with several scopes.

It was a bizzy time last summer.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    WT, I have to wonder why some of the places are 2 weeks behind on shipping. If they're talking about OOS I can understand. Inventory is so depleted that I can't see why they're taking so long.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    WT, I have to wonder why some of the places are 2 weeks behind on shipping. If they're talking about OOS I can understand. Inventory is so depleted that I can't see why they're taking so long.
    I wish I knew. They have a form email that came in as soon as I ordered saying they were swamped with orders and at least two weeks behind... :(

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Okay, now I'm conflicted. After all the talk about Athlon scopes I looked this up:

Athlon Scope

That is stupid tempting. Money is super tight right now due to the purchase of two rifles and owing uncle sugar. I was already thinking about buying the Diamondback Tactical as I didn't want to pay a grand for the Viper PST Gen II, even though I really want one. I'm curious how this would compare, at that sub-$300 price point... :dunno:

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Okay, now I'm conflicted. After all the talk about Athlon scopes I looked this up:

Athlon Scope

That is stupid tempting. Money is super tight right now due to the purchase of two rifles and owing uncle sugar. I was already thinking about buying the Diamondback Tactical as I didn't want to pay a grand for the Viper PST Gen II, even though I really want one. I'm curious how this would compare, at that sub-$300 price point... :dunno:
    I don't know what to tell you about the scopes but I wouldn't cancel the order unless I for sure had another one treed.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    here's a linky :

make sure you look at the "GrabAQuote" ones - you'll get +25% off most of them.

The one you fondled was a 3.75" dagger/black :

You must've read my mind, was going to ask for more details. That was a sweet knife.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Here’s the two that I shot today after they’ve been cleaned and before putting them back in the safe. I’m really liking the PA 1-6x Raptor. My only grip is that the method of adjusting the dials to zero them after dialing the optic in does not give a lot of confidence that they will remain adjusted. I much prefer set screws holding the caps in place over the insert method they used. The Tikka did well today once I got my **** together when dialing it in. It did not help that I forgot to bring targets along.

094cee315a751c9feff26b7453ad509b.jpg

49769a43cf10667bde00f796ea613f97.jpg
    The 716 looks saweeeet!

GM all. Coffee or die. Been a rough couple days. Dust has finally settled. Seems the kids have rounded the corner. Hoping Kate and I stay clear of it (honestly didn't see how it's possible) Nothing more than a typical stomach bug, but I shall name it: The Purgening. I almost opted for a priest instead of a pediatrician.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    The 716 looks saweeeet!

GM all. Coffee or die. Been a rough couple days. Dust has finally settled. Seems the kids have rounded the corner. Hoping Kate and I stay clear of it (honestly didn't see how it's possible) Nothing more than a typical stomach bug, but I shall name it: The Purgening. I almost opted for a priest instead of a pediatrician.
    We might give it a couple days to finish our highway run.:)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Athlon Scope

That's the gen1 version. Research told me the gen2 was worth the extra bucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom