• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Could you survive on $7.25/hour?
    Who is trying to survive on $7.25 an hour? End minimum wage. It’s retarded. It’s unnecessary.

I heard a couple of grocery store employees talking about their pay. Snot nosed, zit faced brats from the local high school. And I’m not knocking them. Good to see these kids trying to make their own spending money.

But one of the kids was whining to the other about his pay. He had been working there for quite awhile, and had just gotten a raise to $11.25 an hour. Then he found out new hires were being paid the same. He thought he had earned the raise and that with his seniority be should be paid more than new hires.

Bagger/cart getter/general flunky, at a grocery making $11.25/hour—and bitching about it. That store is only open until 10 now because either they can’t find enough employees to run more shifts, or don’t want to pay so many flunkies $11.25/hour.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are very few entry level minimum wage jobs with room for growth in today's world. I don't know your age, but I wonder also if you're factoring in inflation and general increase in cost of living. Prices increased at a rate significantly higher than wages.
    BS! Just every fast food job going. I know people that make big money and have just worked in fast food.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was watching a video on YouTube about the movement to end tipping. Some Lefty org interviewed this waitress who was bitterly complaining about only bringing home a tiny amount for 2 weeks of work. They showed her paycheck/stub and sure enough, she only got like a bit over $2. What they didn't mention at all was the $800 she declared in tips for that period... :ugh:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    White House scheduled a presser for their 'Rona Response Team later today.

My prediction; they will announce a new variant.

A far less severe variant.

One that will finally allow democrat controlled states and cities to rescind all mandates and restrictions.

All credit will go to Biden for defeating the previous variants and making it safe for us to return to normal.

The new variant shall be named, the Midterm Variant.:D
    It will arrive shortly after everyone returns from the china games.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Oh no. I was smart enough to let it get to a reasonable "fever" temperature.

iu
    You learn that lesson quickly after sticking a 111° thermometer back in your rectum right before your mom comes back in the room to check the temp.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    511, dude
    Heard about a guy that had a glass swizzle stick stuck somewhere else. He asked the Dr how he was going to remove it, Dr picked up a pair of hemostats and said "Same way it went in". It took multiple people to hold him down.

The joys of knowing multiple ER nurses.

Top Bottom