• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am a second degree brown belt in Shorei Goju Ryu. Does that give me more "self-defense" cred?? Between that and my sexy wife I think I can start my own training company.

Eye appeal is buy appeal. Lets get some YouTube links in here! You might wanna skip the first few vids yourself, just sayin'...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Aside from all the lying and such, the fact that someone mentioned zoning problems because a current or former LEO is on the commission is total BS! The guy's past should have a abso-effing-lutely NOTHING to do with a zoning issue! I don't agree with what he did or didn't do, but his range is in the middle of effing NOWHERE, Lewis has about 100 people, and almost as many teeth. It's all cornfield and methlab, with some soy beans thrown in next to abandoned cars! If they can't use their property for a range, their neighbor shouldn't be able to grow corn!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Aside from all the lying and such, the fact that someone mentioned zoning problems because a current or former LEO is on the commission is total BS! The guy's past should have a abso-effing-lutely NOTHING to do with a zoning issue! I don't agree with what he did or didn't do, but his range is in the middle of effing NOWHERE, Lewis has about 100 people, and almost as many teeth. It's all cornfield and methlab, with some soy beans thrown in next to abandoned cars! If they can't use their property for a range, their neighbor shouldn't be able to grow corn!

Zoning boards are communism plain and simple. Let your neighbors have more say than you do about what goes happens on your property.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's a shame. It's not like they have people shooting all day, every day. It's safe, with a berm that is as tall as a house. I just don't get people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Zoning commissions, especially for rural areas, are the ultimate weapons for tyranny of the majority, busy-bodies and drama queens.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I think he just has a bad memory since he doesn't even know the exact age of his child. How could he be expected to remember if he actually served or not?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Regardless of how I feel about the guy's integrity, I hate to see another gun range go to the way side....

Tempers flare at planning meeting | WTHITV.com

Listening to Mr jackson talk isn't exactly confidence inspiring. I hate to see a range get shut down, zoning is complete and utter BS. Mr Jackson hasn't handled himself well by not being honest with his customers which is a fail in its own right sadly. Zoning and the American small business do not go hand in hand often sadly. The video said the fight isn't over but it doesn't look good. And with his big name trainers pulling out time will tell if it matters anyways.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can't listen to the video at work but just going by the written story...They opened a business in a jurisdiction governed by zoning and they didn't obtain the necessary changes to comply? Is that correct?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I can't listen to the video at work but just going by the written story...They opened a business in a jurisdiction governed by zoning and they didn't obtain the necessary changes to comply? Is that correct?

Mainly yes, they are fighting to change the zone status now but losing. I do find it funny that Mr Jackson's fraud status popped up again around this zoning ordeal. I'm done talking about him, he needs to own up and move past it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I wondered the same thing. How did they start a business there without proper zoning?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I'm not sure how the land is zoned. I think the land is owned by a friend of Cory's father. I honestly thought people in the rural areas could do whatever they wanted on their land. I guess that was more wishful thinking than anything else, as I pursue my piece of "freedom".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Im not sure how the land is zoned. I think the land is owned by a friend of Cory's father. I honestly thought people in the rural areas could do whatever they wanted on their land. I guess that was more wishful thinking than anything else, as I pursue my piece of "freedom".

I think it depends on the county. I am pretty sure I could get away with that in Lawrence county. But if I were going to invest in and grow a business, I'd make 100% sure about it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think it depends on the county. I am pretty sure I could get away with that in Lawrence county. But if I were going to invest in and grow a business, I'd make 100% sure about it.

It seems like their insurance company would have ensured the business was properly zoned before covering them.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It sounds like it is zoned farming/agriculture and is being used for commercial reasons.
    That is probably it. I have a range on my parents property up the road from me. As long as it is just me shooting there the only complaints I get are from the Chicago people with their summer homes in the area. The police usually tell them to stuff it. If however I turned it into a commercial enterprise I suspect there would be issues.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That is probably it. I have a range on my parents property up the road from me. As long as it is just me shooting there the only complaints I get are from the Chicago people with their summer homes in the area. The police usually tell them to stuff it. If however I turned it into a commercial enterprise I suspect there would be issues.

This sounds like the same issue that Vert had, which stopped his plans.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It sounds like it is zoned farming/agriculture and is being used for commercial reasons.
    Huge property tax difference! I wonder if the county will seek back taxes? You would think they would love changing that'uch land I to commercial property! Tax money will increase.
    just another example of the govt ****ing us. It's our land, until you want to build, or play, or not pay your yearly rent to the gov!
    or until they want to put a highway right across your yard. Then it's theirs and they will take and do as they wish

Top Bottom